The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where to quest for the quickest/most XP?

Vimora
Vimora
✭✭✭✭
So after the XP buff begins today, what is a good zone to quest in for quick XP or large amounts of XP?
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best is to get a friend to take you to Skyreach in Graglorn. That way it is just the two of you getting huge XP.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodill town quests are super quick and give good XP (and AP which is a good bonus). Downside... you may get killed by other players. And there's a max to the aount of those you can complete per day: possibly 50? Then you can do them again on the next day. Or hop on to another character.
    PC-EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always give the same advice, as grinding is dull, for new characters

Do main quest (skill points too), clear a zone of dolmens (big XP first time) delves, public dungeon group event, skyshards as you go, lore books if a Mag toon, alliance quests for skill points.

Maelstorm is mega XP, and you get a skull per boss during this event so very efficient. Cyrodiil town quests huge XP and so are Imp City dailies which you can hand in all 6 together for like 1.4mill XP on witches brew, potion, enlightened
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys. I'm gonna look into Cyrodiil town quests first.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that to get into Cyro you must be level 10 - make sure to do the tutorial for 2 quick skill points and the AP boost which unlocks rapid manoeuvres
    PC-EU
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also pretty lazy to quest, though... so if anyone on PC EU is willing to level me up 36 to 50, I will pay 500k. I will use training gear, mythic, and event xp. Find me in-game @Vimora. Thanks.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shhhh dont tell everyone you find it tiresome to do 14 level ups and yet you can casually throw out 500k gold, they might find out how you get your gold
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never underestimate my aversion to leveling my Warden.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have an new character around level 25 or higher doing random normal dungeon and the dungeon quest tend to give an an level: random dungeon+dungeon quest+ mob killed in dungeon, with the double xp it will be two levels. you also get an skill point. You can grind or quest while queued (warning you will be kicked out of delves and quest dungeons)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    If you have an new character around level 25 or higher doing random normal dungeon and the dungeon quest tend to give an an level: random dungeon+dungeon quest+ mob killed in dungeon, with the double xp it will be two levels. you also get an skill point. You can grind or quest while queued (warning you will be kicked out of delves and quest dungeons)

If the rumors be true that DLC dungeons will be gated behind lvl45 now, this sounds like a good idea. :D
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

If the rumors be true that DLC dungeons will be gated behind lvl45 now, this sounds like a good idea. :D

I think that's only coming with the patch nexr Monday. If you queue during the weekend, you may still get thrown into a DLC dungeon. A good workaround is grouping with a friend or guildie who does not have ESO+ or DLC, and have them queue up the group finder: they should only get non-DLC dungeons for both of you.
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 20, 2017 1:23PM
    PC-EU