The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stamblade BIS gear

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently graduated (or promoted myself) from solo snipe-spammer to DPS stamblade. I followed the Alcast Ramapage build with some changes for my current skills, etc.

One thing that surprised me in the current HotR version of the Rampage is the gear. He recommends 5xHundings, 5xTFS, and 2xVelidreths. The Hundings, being a crafted set, surprised me. He also states that 5xHundings, 5xSpriggans, and 2xVelidreth's is "very close to the damage of BIS."

So I'm currently using 5xHundings, 5xSpriggans, and 2xVelidreth's. I'm 1 piece away from completing my 5xTFS. So I'm fairly close to BIS and should be at BIS sometime soon.

But in a recent PUG dungeon run, someone asked what gear I was using. When I told him he asked "oh, do you not run trials?" I assume he's implying that my gear, being non-trial, is deficient.

Am I wrong in using Alcast's gear sets? Or was the guy in the PUG run just not up to speed on current BIS gear?

• Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    Were they commenting on the Spriggans? Did they know you were waiting to complete your TFS set?

I know some people like Vicious Ophidian for the stamina, but TFS and Spriggans seem to be the way to go from everythign I've read....
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In a lot of trial groups there will be several stam users and in those situations TFS isn't BiS. Better off having one run NMG and another run sunderflame to get penetration.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mithoron wrote: »
    Were they commenting on the Spriggans? Did they know you were waiting to complete your TFS set?

I know some people like Vicious Ophidian for the stamina, but TFS and Spriggans seem to be the way to go from everythign I've read....

That and the Hundings.

I assume some change happened with HotR that made Hundings the better choice because prior to HotR, Alcast's BIS was VO+TFS. Now it's Hungings + TFS.

My plan was to replace my Spriggans with TFS. I could do it today but two of my rings are blue and one set piece isn't Divines. So I'm waiting for purple rings and one more divines armor piece.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spriggans is a bad set for pve, i would not recommend it at all

Good sets for stamblade are two fanged snake, vicious ophidian, nightmothers gaze and hundings rage. if you wanna run support sets in trials, then you want to have nightmothers gaze, sunderflame, morag tong and war machine
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Mithoron wrote: »

That and the Hundings.

I assume some change happened with HotR that made Hundings the better choice because prior to HotR, Alcast's BIS was VO+TFS. Now it's Hungings + TFS.

My plan was to replace my Spriggans with TFS. I could do it today but two of my rings are blue and one set piece isn't Divines. So I'm waiting for purple rings and one more divines armor piece.

This is what happens basically with any stamina setup:

TFS is BIS only if you are running with random people, tank is not applying enough debuffs (Infused crusher, pierce armor), I dont mention alkosh because there's no skill you can use to synergize with the tank as stamina toon.

Spriggan comes really close with 3450 penetration, both sets are about this, and TFS can achieve something around 4300 (used to be 5k), but you need a fight of more than 15 sec to get the most out of it.

Why is Alcast promoting hundings or Night mothers Gaze? because both sets are amazing and got buffed last patch (Crit numbers increased in all sets along other stats with other sets like magicka, stamina and spell crit too). And the most important, they are EASILY craftable (only 6 traits needed)

So for example, you can have 3 jewelry of any set and only 2 pieces in body. Sets that can be used: TFS, VO, Spriggan, Briarheart, Sunderflame, morag tong (if stam DK).

And You can have 2 sets ready to swap 3 pieces body NMG/hundings, 1 dagger infused, 1 Axe Sharp/precise.

This way you can have 5-5-2 in your build.

NMG should be used more often, ask the other DD if the toons is stamina based and is using that set. NMG debuff DON'T stack so 2 people never should use it.

Bow backbar should be VMA, but if you don't have it just use a crafted NMG or Hundings (precise, infused, sharp) they all work.

Edited by Hixtory on October 19, 2017 11:14PM
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Great stuff.

Coincidentally, I joined a new guild last night and ran my first vet Trials. I did horribly but we finished them and I walked out with a full set of VO, including 2 divines set pieces and 3 gold jewelry pieces.

Not a bad night!
  • Croblasta
    Croblasta
    So which sets do you keep as your 5 piece on both bars? Hundings/VO?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Croblasta wrote: »
    So which sets do you keep as your 5 piece on both bars? Hundings/VO?

If you have a choice, you want VO weapons and jewelry.