The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc help

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
I've been playing since first beta and I've always struggled with my magic sorc. I hate pet builds so I go with mages wrath, force pulse, c frag, inner light and bound ages. Back bar wall, lightning flood, curse, and again inner light and bound armour. I'm wearing 5 Julianos and 5 netch, with 1 illambris for magic. My aoe is fine, 60+ k. But my single target is the struggle. Average 15-20k. Worse on the target dummy. Any tips? I also may be weaving wrong
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    youre losing quite a bit of dps not running a pet. also harder to sustain
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    youre losing quite a bit of dps not running a pet. also harder to sustain

Agreed,

Pets provide a passive attack every 2 seconds that can be a bit to your single target alone, not only that but they have a chance to apply shock/vulnerability and disintegrate, then the more applicable effects; concussed, off-balanced, and stunned.

The Scamp's (or Twilight Tormentor's) active attack can be concatenated with multipliers like; daedric prey, major breach, crushing enchantment, vulnerability, berserk, and more... All of which is essential for simplifying your rotation (sustain) and increasing single target (direct debuffs).

Hence you say nay to pets, stack AoE and pool into spell damage...
    I don't play without pets because that's not why I bought the game. :(

Conjuration4life!!
    Edited by SirMewser on October 19, 2017 10:07PM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not running the pet in PvE you're not a serious sorc.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    + 1 for hating on pets and your gear setup is identical to mine, apart from I use Clench, ele. drain and lightening form instead of force pulse, frags and wrath.

Heavy attacks in the rotation with high spell dmg + off-balance + exploiter for heaps of damage make sustain a breeze.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pve the less single target the better
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to use elemental drain if you're not already, for sustain and debuff (replace Mage's wrath, or have your healer use it). Also the major sorcery buff helps, from spell power potions or power surge. A VMA lightning staff is by far the best option for your back bar, any trait works ok (infused will be best next patch). For the front bar staff go with infused with either an absorb magicka glyph (for sustain) or a shock glyph (for minor vulnerability and off-balance uptime). Also make sure your jewelry pieces are enchanted with spell damage glyphs, not regen or cost reduction.

I could ramble all day on sorcerer DPS tips, but see how these things work out for you and let me know. Happy to elaborate on anything if you want.