Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spectre's Eye...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been going over some of the Light Armor Sets available for a Magicka Templar that would offer me good defensive ability while being viable in all content (like what I currently experience with Combat Physician), and have come across Spectre's Eye...

The stats it gives for it's 2, 3, and 4 item bonus's seem to be pretty good:

2 piece: 2975 Physical Resist...
3 piece: 1206 Max Magicka...
4 piece: 1206 Max Health...

I am comfortable with the above stats, but its the 5th piece bonus that has me interested:

5 piece: When you cast a Magicka ability, you gain Major Evasion for 3 seconds increasing your Dodge Chance by 15%. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

This would seem to give me a 50% uptime on Major Evasion whenever I am dps'ing or Healing as everything I do is Magicka based which seems to be really good...

Anyway, does anyone here use this set, and if so, is it as good as it appears to be?

I know that Major Evasion is ignored by the multitude of undodgable attacks currently in the game, but there still are a lot of attacks that are subject to be completely evaded by Major Evasion and that can be very valuable...

So, does anyone know anything about how this set performs in real world PvP conditions?
Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on October 19, 2017 2:44AM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50%uptime on major evasion does not sound good to me as a 5 piece. A ton of attacks disregard evasion all together. You're probably better off going heartland.

Edit:oh light armor. Gossamer. Each sweeps heal has a chance to proc it.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on October 19, 2017 4:49AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps can Proc Gossamer?

Didn't know that; thanx for the info! ☺
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s an interesting set that could use a buff in terms of longer duration. Tried it on a PTS-patch not long ago on my MagDK. It was fun to use but I don´t see the set being competitive enough to use it over other crafted sets.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 second cooldown breaks this set. Get rid of the cooldown, and this set would be competitive with Wizard's Riposte.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I used it on My templar back in 1.2-1.4 i think it was. Back then. That 20% dodge chance and blinding flashes. Ahh the good old days.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For this topic, below are all of the sources of Evasion (to my knowledge)

(Values are Legendary Gear)

Gossamer
    Light
    Dungeon Cradle of Shadows
    2. Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    3. Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4. Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    5. When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to grant them Major Evasion for 6 seconds, increasing their dodge chance by 15%.

Hist Bark
    Crafted 4
    Greenshade - Rootwatch Tower; Rivenspire - Trader's Rest; Shadowfen - Hatchling's Crown
    2. Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    3. Adds 129 Health Recovery
    4. Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5. Gain Major Evasion while blocking, increasing Dodge chance by 15%.

Spectre's Eye
    Crafted 8
    Coldharbour - Deathspinner's Lair
    2. Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    3. Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4. Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5. When you cast a Magicka ability you gain Major Evasion for 3 seconds, increasing your dodge chance by 15%. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Minor Evasion - Dodge Chance Increased by 5%
    -Alchemy Poison/Potion: Speed (Scrib Jelly, Namira's Rot, Blessed Thistle)
    -Warden Animal Companions Ability: Deceptive Predator (Morph of Falcon's Swiftness)

Major Evasion - Dodge Chance Increased by 15%
    -Medium Armor Ability: Evasion + Morphs
    -Nightblade Assassination Ability: Blur + Morphs
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input guys...

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested this extensively hoping it would be great since I ran it way back in 1.5 on couple of niche builds. It's just underwhelming. I'd consider gossamer over this for sure. It procs major evasion on funnel, path, the whole resto line, sweeps, batswarm. It's got a lot of downtime too though so it also falls behind riposte and trans. However, if you're looking to provide major evasion to heavy armor builds in a small group next patch... Riposte is of the least use to groups with high mitigation+resists although still valuable.

I'd download the pts and test the uptimes of gossamer, CP, riposte, and spectre's eye...
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 20, 2017 5:15AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I tested this extensively hoping it would be great since I ran it way back in 1.5 on couple of niche builds. It's just underwhelming. I'd consider gossamer over this for sure. It procs major evasion on funnel, path, the whole resto line, sweeps, batswarm. It's got a lot of downtime too though so it also falls behind riposte and trans. However, if you're looking to provide major evasion to heavy armor builds in a small group next patch... Riposte is of the least use to groups with high mitigation+resists although still valuable.

I'd download the pts and test the uptimes of gossamer, CP, riposte, and spectre's eye...

That's exactly what I feared... :(

Thanks for the info...

I think I just might give Gossamer a try and see how it compares to Combat Physician...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been going over some of the Light Armor Sets available for a Magicka Templar that would offer me good defensive ability while being viable in all content (like what I currently experience with Combat Physician), and have come across Spectre's Eye...

The stats it gives for it's 2, 3, and 4 item bonus's seem to be pretty good:

2 piece: 2975 Physical Resist...
    3 piece: 1206 Max Magicka...
    4 piece: 1206 Max Health...

I am comfortable with the above stats, but its the 5th piece bonus that has me interested:

5 piece: When you cast a Magicka ability, you gain Major Evasion for 3 seconds increasing your Dodge Chance by 15%. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

This would seem to give me a 50% uptime on Major Evasion whenever I am dps'ing or Healing as everything I do is Magicka based which seems to be really good...

Anyway, does anyone here use this set, and if so, is it as good as it appears to be?

I know that Major Evasion is ignored by the multitude of undodgable attacks currently in the game, but there still are a lot of attacks that are subject to be completely evaded by Major Evasion and that can be very valuable...

So, does anyone know anything about how this set performs in real world PvP conditions?

whenever i use this set it feels good! ;-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I used it on magicka sorc - in non-vet pvp and as magicka tank in dungeons while leveling undaunted. Its interesting but far away from BiS sets.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, I farmed and have given Gossamer a go and its a "oh no"...

The set will only potentially proc if you are actively receiving healing; when you combine that with it only having a 10% chance to proc, there is a lot of downtime between procs...

Now Combat Physician will only proc on a heal (a crit heal to be exact) as well, but Combat Physician will proc 100% of the time compared to Gossamers 10% chance...

Gossamer needs to be changed so that the act of casting a heal on someone (wether they actual receive healing from the cast or not) can cause the set to potentially proc...

Right now, Combat Physician is definitely superior (especially in a 1v1 fight)...

Oh well...

It was worth a try...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC