The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clockwork City Lore Questions

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
In the lore that is known of Clockwork City does it say anywhere if soul gems were used when Sotha Sil was creating the Factotums?

Edited by Eporem on October 19, 2017 12:11AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you watch the latest ESO Live, they had Lawrence Schick on the show and he answered that question.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Trainwiz
    Trainwiz
    ✭✭
    The average factotums are powered by soul gem slurry, but are not soul gem-inhabited people, even the ones not under AIOS' or the Assembly General's command are artificial personalities and original fabricants, rather than existing souls/transicants like the saints.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Other questions please. About the Tourbillons and the Truth in Sequence Sermons.

In the video it is said the Tourbillons are the leaders of the Clockwork Apostles.

In the volumes of the Truth in Sequence I interpret, from this:

Taken from the sermons of Deldrise Morvayn, Fourth Tourbillon to the Mainspring Ever-Wound.

that Deldrise Morvayn is the Fourth Tourbillon to the Mainspring Ever-Wound (Sotha Sil) do I interpret this right? And that he (Deldrise Morvayn) has written The Truth in Sequence Sermons that consists of twelve volumes.

Is he the only Tourbillon mentioned? Or would there be twelve Tourbillons corresponding to each one of the volumes, and Deldrise was the one who wrote of them in his sermons.

As well in the video Deldrise was mentioned to be an Apostle..so could the Tourbillons have been the first of the apostles of Sotha Sil?

Edit: or should I just be patient and maybe will find the answers for these questions when I go through the Clockwork City:)

Edited by Eporem on October 21, 2017 2:22PM
  • Trainwiz
    Trainwiz
    ✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    Other questions please. About the Tourbillons and the Truth in Sequence Sermons.

In the video it is said the Tourbillons are the leaders of the Clockwork Apostles.

In the volumes of the Truth in Sequence I interpret, from this:

Taken from the sermons of Deldrise Morvayn, Fourth Tourbillon to the Mainspring Ever-Wound.

that Deldrise Morvayn is the Fourth Tourbillon to the Mainspring Ever-Wound (Sotha Sil) do I interpret this right? And that he (Deldrise Morvayn) has written The Truth in Sequence Sermons that consists of twelve volumes.

Is he the only Tourbillon mentioned? Or would there be twelve Tourbillons corresponding to each one of the volumes, and Deldrise was the one who wrote of them in his sermons.

As well in the video Deldrise was mentioned to be an Apostle..so could the Tourbillons have been the first of the apostles of Sotha Sil?

Edit: or should I just be patient and maybe will find the answers for these questions when I go through the Clockwork City:)

The "Fourth" part of the Tourbillon doesn't refer to the fact that he's #4 of a council. "Fourth Tourbillon" is a single statement.
    A tourbillion is a component of watchmaking that counteracts the effects of gravity, it's meant to keep the watch balanced on an axis. The second tourbillon on a second axis, and some modern watches have a third tourbillion for all three axis.

A fourth tourbillon, therefore, keeps something balanced on an unseen, special axis, perhaps time, perhaps magic. The implication is that Deldrise is keeping the great clockwork of Nirn and Sotha Sil upright.