The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Daily Writs

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
Late starter with these Daily writs. One of my characters is maxed in wood,clothing, metal working and alchemy. A second character is almost to 50 in alchemy. I wanted the buff for longer lasting potions.

I started alchemy on one of my lower levels. Discovered even at Alchemy level 2, I received $560 or so for the reward as compared to $660 for my maxxed characters. Since I wont need the buff for longer potions for my other 6 characters, why not all get them started in alchemy, and even though their level will rise doing writs, don't spend points to advance them. Keep doing the level 3 writs for the cash. Use my points on other character abilities. Is that what others do?
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold reward is dependent on your combat level and not on skill level as far as I have observed.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally just do writs with one character which is max level in all crafts.

I know others who do it with several as max levels, some with whole accounts as low levels. Think it's kind of a mix for everyone.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold reward is dependent on your combat level and not on skill level as far as I have observed.

Really? So I could never put more than one point into alchemy, so my writs are always level 3 ...and as long as I was level 50, I would make as much cash as my level 50 with max alchemy?

I like it.

Edit: That applies to all crafts? I have never tackled provisioning or enchanting. finding the recipes/combos seem like a pain. The addon for alchemy saves the day and makes it sooo much easier

Options
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    why dont max it and make max level writs so you get a master writ sometimes.. ? XD also nice to have your characters make their own pots
    PC-EU @lientier
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    why dont max it and make max level writs so you get a master writ sometimes.. ? XD also nice to have your characters make their own pots

Master writs is a good point. Making their own pots isn't a big deal if I have a max alchemist and a bank. I guess when I have surplus skill points I could put them into alchemy. Until then might as well make the 600+ a day for each toon.

Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Really? So I could never put more than one point into alchemy, so my writs are always level 3 ...and as long as I was level 50, I would make as much cash as my level 50 with max alchemy?

I like it.

Edit: That applies to all crafts? I have never tackled provisioning or enchanting. finding the recipes/combos seem like a pain. The addon for alchemy saves the day and makes it sooo much easier

Yes, all crafts. The gold reward is the quest gold reward, which is based on your character's level, not on the individual skill level. As my characters have leveled up, they get more gold even though I haven't added any additional skill points.

It's a great way to keep up with mount training. I did that will all my alts that I didn't really play with much. Most days I just checked their mail, did the consumable writs, and trained them. Always had the extra gold for this daily sink.
    Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great info. I think i will avoid Enchanting and provisioning. Supplies not unlimited and having to google the combos everytime is a pain. The guides are like reading another language.

4 crafts per toon for dailies is a great jump start for cash.

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick is to do the Tier 1 Writs on max level characters.

As explained, you get max level Gold.

The Surveys you get will give back max level mats if you use a max level character to go get them. Or you can use them on your Tier 1 crafters to get mats back for writs if needed.

The Temper Return on Writ Containers is about the same on Tier 1 as top end Writs. You only lose out on CP150 Recipes, Solvents and decon items.

The Material Containers you get will always return Tier 1 mats on Tier 1 writs, so other than Cloth, you should never need to farm for Tier 1 mats again. Well, I always get an over all net gain in mats (Iron, Rawhide, Maple) and almost break even on Jute.

And, with CWC update, you can park these characters anywhere, as most Tier 1 towns are not laid out efficiently. Well, Vulkhel Guard is not bad.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s funny...provisioning and enchanting are the easiest and cheapest writs to do for me.

Enchanting

You’ll rotate through magic, stam, health glyphs ( purple rune for your level / oko, deni, makko /ta). I make 3-4 of each at a time and my writ characters are good to pick up and drop the writ daily without any work. If you run low on the purple runes, you can buy them at an NPC mystic. Depending on level, you’d then be spending $90 each day to make $600.

The reward on these is the $600 per day, plus a kuta about 1/3rd the time. Those are worth a bit, so an enchanting writ is worth about $2k. I like the Kutas...when I have empty slots in my guild store and I’m lazy I pump out like 20 gold armor glyphs and sell those for $7k each.

Provision

This one is amazingly easy. For one, one of your characters can make food for everyone, it isn’t tagged like glyphs or gear.

Each writ level has six required recipes...two each day. (Except max level, which has twelve recipes). What recipes are needed? Easy, if your craft character goes to a brewer and chef they’ll sell three recipes each...those are the writ recipes for that toon’s provisioning rank.

Put all your toons at the same rank then have one character buy the recipes. Spend in their passives to make more food and drink per craft. Then make stacks of like 100 of each recipe. Distribute so that each character is carrying like 20 of each item, and they’ll be good to pick up and drop off each day with your crafting writs with no work. I do writs every day on ten characters and I haven’t made new food since...hmm...February? These are so easy it’s ridiculous.

These writs are very profitable. Not only do you get the $600 per day, they offer:
    - frost Miriam, which is pretty valuable.
    - Psijic ambrosia fragments. These are worth about $15k each.
    - each will reward a recipe. It breaks down to like 50% green, 35% blue, 15% purple.

TIP: the game rewards recipes for your rank in provisioning. Right now, everyone is running max level writs, so the game is drowning in those recipes. But no one does lower level writs, so those purple recipes are VERY valuable. I have two crafters doing low level writs, and the 1-2 purples they get each week are worth $30k each, their blues are worth $5k. When clockwork drops you can do multi-level writs (low level provision with max level smith, for example) and turn in anywhere. So you might consider setting your guys up to do these and make some bank on the lower level recipes.

Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take another look at provisioning. I didn't realize you could buy the recipes for your level. I'm still a little worried about the supplies. Alchemy, woodworking, metal working and leather are easy to farm. I have very few supplies for provisioning and really have no idea how to farm the stuff. ....without spending a crazy amount of time doing it.

Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    I will take another look at provisioning. I didn't realize you could buy the recipes for your level. I'm still a little worried about the supplies. Alchemy, woodworking, metal working and leather are easy to farm. I have very few supplies for provisioning and really have no idea how to farm the stuff. ....without spending a crazy amount of time doing it.

Basically check out the boxes, crates, sacks, bags, any containers really, where ever you go. Even at the crafting set locations. Many of them are not owned, so no stealing needed. Containers on the ships at the various docks; containers in delves, abandoned houses, where ever. It really isn't hard to pick up provisioning mats. You'll find recipes as well and other items you can decon, too.

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirelings are an awesome source of Provisioning Mats, invest the points.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Hirelings for metal,wood and cloth. Will do some more delves and get one for provisioning

Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raise_thread.jpg
    Assuming all this is still current. Thanks for the good info!
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options