The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dungeon questions

Eirianbryn30
Eirianbryn30
✭✭
I've played Wow for years.. fairly good in my role, take directions well and stay out of "fire" .. how similar or different are dungeons here to wow?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons are designed for 4 players. 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 DPS. They have two difficulties: Normal, which can be completed above and below level 50, though certain dungeons unlock at certain levels below 50; and Veteran, which can be completed after level 50. Both difficulties have the same mechanics, but in Veteran dungeons the mechanics become more damaging and intense.

One major area of difference is that tanks do not have an area of effect taunt, only a few single target taunts. That means that tanks will not be able to hold aggro on an entire mob. Similarly, many bosses have abilities that ignore taunt or focus on the player that is farthest away from them.

Another is that the roles are not so set in stone that tanks are just tanky or healers are just healers. A wise tank or DPS brings a self-heal or protective skill to the dungeon, and a wise healer and tank can do a little DPS. You never know what you will get when you group with randoms - I've been in a dungeon where the healer and the tank (me) out DPSed the two DPS.

Trials are 12-player raids, same difficulty scaling, but considerable harder than group dungeons. Most trials groups run 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 8 DPS. The specifics of roles, builds, and tactics for trials are pretty dependent on what the group you'll be running with wants.