The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trials Coffer Timer Needs Adjusting and Reliability

BrightOblivion
BrightOblivion
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this has been brought up repeatedly, but why is the weekly timer for the trials set for exactly 7 days from when you last get it, with no in-game means of knowing when that is? Almost every other timer based activity except this and maybe the random daily dungeon bonus is set to refresh at a set time (pledges, writs, pvp, trial leaderboard) or with some leeway (horse training only has a 20 hour cooldown). Both of these are great, because it's either easy to know when your bonus is up (because everyone's is if they haven't already done it on that character), or there's some give in case life happens. Maybe you've got a delay, or take longer to find a group one week, or maybe you just want to do them in a different order. Under the current system, the only current means of addressing this is by either slipping later and later on your trials time or skipping a week entirely to get everything aligned. This is worsened by the fact that, unless I write down the exact time I got the coffer and time it perfectly, I can do a trial at something close to what you think is the right time and still miss it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn Can we please get this changed to something more standardized, or at least with more give? Say, a timer of 6 days, 20 hours, so you're okay if you're in the ballpark? With transmutation crystals being released next week and 5 of them being tied to each trials weekly quest (which I assume means only the time we're able to get the coffer), it's even more important that these timers be reliable. If we do just the normal Craglorn trials on one character once a week, that's still 15 crystals. If you add Maw, HoF, and the Asylum, that's a whopping 30 crystals a week contingent on a timer we can't even see. What was the design goal behind that (the timer being unseen and persnickety)?

And to those who might say "You can just use different characters and switch between the two every other week," this is true, but not really valid for someone with one trials-ready toon. It also doesn't really address the underlying issue that this is cumbersome and doesn't make sense.
Edited by BrightOblivion on October 17, 2017 3:20PM