The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom 2H OP Backhand

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Am i the only one, who is seeing MSA 2H as being ridicoulous strong as backhand weapon now, in No CP especially?

When they introduced the new MSA weapons and removed the WPD/SPD, i immediately saw that this would actually be a huge buff for anyone running the 2H on backbar, with a gapcloser (crit rush ofc). Because now you will be able to get the Merciless Charge proc AND have either an Enchant or a Poison slotted.

And now they buffed the Merciless charge so it is almost at the level of Vipers Sting. And they nerfed SNB ult, which indirectly makes 2H backbar more viable. AND they now made you go either 2H or Medium Armor to get your snare purge.

On my StamDK with the 2H Axe, i will be doing a Crit Rush - LA - Noxious Breath and barswap to my DW frontbar for a CC and going into DPS. But the pressure alone i will do from my initial gapclose on backbar will be enough to bring down almost anyone to half health (Crit Rush + Poison Proc + Merciless Charge + 2H Bleed + whatever else i got)

Am i the only one seeing this?
Edited by raasdal on October 17, 2017 11:56AM
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, you´re not the only one :)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master's daggers on front bar? ;)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same with MA resto staff, imo seems really nice for magblade now. I will miss bonus stats from MA, DSA weapons, but the way they change them wasnt bad
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, the merciless charge enchantment (even in its buffed state) is extremely weak. It is mitigated by too many factors and it is NOT bleed damage. I will still be running a set piece back bar for the 4th piece bonus (in my case 124 WD). Assuming you use executioner, the asylum 2h is going to significantly outperform the vma 2h in almost every situation.

@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Lol, the merciless charge enchantment (even in its buffed state) is extremely weak. It is mitigated by too many factors and it is NOT bleed damage. I will still be running a set piece back bar for the 4th piece bonus (in my case 124 WD). Assuming you use executioner, the asylum 2h is going to significantly outperform the vma 2h in almost every situation.

He never wrote that it was a bleed. If he´s using an 2H maelstrom axe he can proc a bleed when using Crit-rush/stampede.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impregnable, clever alchemist, 2h master sword.

Sword and board for the CA, 2 piece bloodspawn, full sturdy, 5/1/1 medium will be ridiculous on a stamina DK. Crit rush, potion, brawler, brawler, leap, brawler, execute.

Even worse on a stamina warden.... sub assault, dive, crit rush, brawler, dawnbreaker, executioner...
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So a 1 pc. (!.. 1 ... !) Proc Set, that deals almost the same damage as Viper, a 5pc. bonus, and has no cooldown, is considered weak to you? Allright then.

NOW it is weak, yes. But it is only weak, because the alternatives are stronger. A basic Enchant will outperform the Merciless Charge. Not to mention Poisons etc. But that is the whole point. That is changing. What you get in a couple of days, is a 1 pcs. item set, that deals the same damage as other 2pc. monster sets or 5 pcs. item sets. You do not have to sacrifice anything for it. You can still use poisons or enchants.

Sure sure, some of the OTHER 1 pcs. item sets may be better for certain builds. But that is entirely besides the point.
    Qbiken wrote: »

He never wrote that it was a bleed. If he´s using an 2H maelstrom axe he can proc a bleed when using Crit-rush/stampede.

Yup. And with a LA weave right after the Crit-rush land, you will be having 2 x 16% shots at the Bleed and 2 x 20% shots at a poison.
    Edited by raasdal on October 17, 2017 7:07PM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Impregnable, clever alchemist, 2h master sword.

Sword and board for the CA, 2 piece bloodspawn, full sturdy, 5/1/1 medium will be ridiculous on a stamina DK. Crit rush, potion, brawler, brawler, leap, brawler, execute.

Even worse on a stamina warden.... sub assault, dive, crit rush, brawler, dawnbreaker, executioner...
    Oh hey it’s my Stam DK build. Cool.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp