The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'd like to know what weapons you use when duel wielding

bloodthirstyvampire
bloodthirstyvampire
✭✭✭✭✭
_
Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on October 17, 2017 10:41AM
Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º

I'd like to know what weapons you use when duel wielding 138 votes

Axe
2%
Avran_SyltRagnarock41lazerlaz 3 votes
Mace
1%
Bobby_V_RockitUltiscrub Gaming 2 votes
Sword
12%
xcalibur007NiclasFridholmChelisterBeardimuszykGrimsethDojohodaParaNostramSpiderKnightMjolnirVilkasYamiKurukuriberionJierdanitShardan4968BelyarThePrinceOfBargainsRainraven 17 votes
Dagger
48%
SirAndyflintstoneMithoronwenchmore420b14_ESODestruentSantieClawsValveaubrey.baconb16_ESODrembo14_ESOM0bikojouHatchetHaroerebozFlameheartookami007NyghthowlerHuyenTommy83CaffeinatedMayhemJerzeeDevil 67 votes
Mix of two different types
35%
deepseamk20b14_ESOoelitenooboMadyAzuryagrefrynthEddyblebottleofsyrupBloodWolfeKanarOcean_Charlie9XvorgReverbBalamoorStrider__RoshinLexxypwnsSkinzzOberon45CadburyHallothiel 49 votes
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger and axe
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sword and dagger :p
  • Ocean_Charlie9
    Ocean_Charlie9
    ✭✭✭
    Axe and Sword. I like to look cool B)
    Edited by Ocean_Charlie9 on October 17, 2017 10:54AM
    PC-EU
    Mufasa The Handsome-- Khajita- Templar-- Ebonheart Pact
    Cir-Cenn-- Argonian- Warden-- Aldmeri Dominion
    Wallace Highraven-- Imperial- Dragon knight-- Daggerfall Covenant

Check my stuff
    https://www.artstation.com/circenn4sons

• Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger Axe or Dagger Dagger
    PC
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    Stamblade goes dual daggers for more Crit. But my DK has a Sword for that little bit more damage done, and an Axe for the bleed damage.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    broom and bucket
  • BleuZephyr
    Axe & Dagger
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    Dagger
    Two daggers.
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger and Axe
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have many character each dual wielding a diferant combination beacause i like variety
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    Dagger, dagger, I need the extra crit, otherwise it would be dagger axe.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger (infused) and axe (precise)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on my characters. One uses daggers as sole weapons, one uses a bow as his main weapon but with dual wield daggers in support, and one uses dual swords as sole weapons. All are non-competitive, solo/cooperative PvE only.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sword
    Swords, because they look cool. I would use daggers, to make my build better, but who cares about build as long as my character looks amazing? No one!
    Edited by Shardan4968 on October 17, 2017 1:12PM
    PC/EU
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either tow axes or axe and sword.

I find the latter works better.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    Tandor wrote: »
    It depends on my characters. One uses daggers as sole weapons, one uses a bow as his main weapon but with dual wield daggers in support, and one uses dual swords as sole weapons. All are non-competitive, solo/cooperative PvE only.
    Are the dual swords slower than dual daggers?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dagger
    Daggers bcause Flurry spam looks weird with axes.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knife and fork

Real answer: axe and dagger
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axe - Dagger

As far as I'm aware this is BiS for PVP
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i mix and match depending on the character i am working on. but i run 2 swords, 2 daggers, and sword and dagger.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axe
    Dual axe, I run dw with a dot-bleed build but even on a normal build I will run an axe anyways because bleed is op af.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    depending on the character and some rpg elements usually dagger x2. But, one I use often in pvp is axe and dagger or axe x2.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagger (MH) and Axe (OH).
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    I always choose my weapons based on backstory...

My main nightblade girl Leskandera used twin daggers when dual-wielding, because backstory wise she is an former pact army scout, and thus goes with archery and daggers only as backup, even though in her activities since the backstory times she has been more on the stabby side then the arrow side... blame a certain brotherhood!

Kes dre-Lana the orc blacksmith girl also dual wields on occasion, when she is not bashing things with her large hammer... she uses twin axes, because it just felt right for an orc girl charging into batttle screaming "waaaaaggghhhhh!!!"...

And finally, I have Karel Danes, a mountan man alt who may swing a very large axe as his main because nord, but sometimes dual-wields a axe and a dagger - because that is the classic "woodsman" setup - the axe for chopping wood, the dagger for skinning game, used in combat.

Of the other eleven characters, six are staff-bound, and five are doing combinations of 2H, bow and S&B...
    ...Kelasendar the librarian boy switches between ice and lightning staves;
    ...Deslankera the healer girl uses restoration staves (duh);
    ...Andrea Selk the vampire girl goes for ice or restoration staves;
    ...Alakserden the firemage boy is all about the fire magic, and his staff choices reflect that;
    ...Selkendara the treehugger girl loves ice and restoration staves
    ...and Kera de'Saln the nekomancer kitty goes for using ligthning and retoration staves
    (and boy do I wish I had more options for magica characters!);
    ...Laaskerden the dragon-wannabe boy is classic shield and mace heavy armored frontline fighter, with a two handed mace for damage dealing backup;
    ...Akar-Sendel the mercenary boy goes for 2H and S&B as well in the other priority even though wearing leather armor, it fits with the theme;
    ...Elsa Dekran the pirate girl goes for sword and tower shield because imperial ex-legionaire and a bow as backup because that just makes sense in medieval ship to ship combat;
    ...Seklandera the wood knight is 2H because knight and bow because bosmer, and I wish I could replace the 2H sword with a polearm instead - if they ever add more weapon options;
    ...and finally Al'serkande the former city guard turned bandit loves curved swords with his shield... its a redguard thing... ;) But also handles an axe because he used to do executions.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    BiS is generally daggers, but there are some setups where dagger/axe work, but for straight out dps, dagger/dagger has been proven by multiple hardcore gamers to be BiS.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    The bleed chance from axe is low and the extra 5% crit from dagger also increases the damage of other skills. Preferably infused main hand with poison glyph and precise off hand with weapon damage glyph.
    Edited by Asardes on October 17, 2017 6:00PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Are the dual swords slower than dual daggers?

I've no idea.
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dagger and axe ever since I read the Ranger series of books (well two or three of them) I've liked the dagger and axe, though for dungeon stuff I'll use two daggers for the crits.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagger
    Dagger + Dagger (thank you nerf of Thief stone...)
    Playing since beta...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Stamblade goes dual daggers for more Crit.
    agree.gif