The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sentinel of Rkugamz Set feedback from healers

dawgyg99
dawgyg99
✭✭
Hi Guys,

I'm interested in using the above set for 4 man content in situations where the DDs and Tank are all stam. I usually run SPC and Worm Cult, but wanted to get feedback from people on if they thought it was worth running it for the extra stam generation?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO it's no longer necessary to run this set on non-Templar after the change to orbs and shards in Morrowind patch: they now restore any of the resources, depending which one is lower. The spider is also pretty flimsy and dies easily in AoE. The 2% healing done it's already insignificant since you are already overhealing most of the time. It's way better to run 2 5 piece sets + 1 monster head or Master restoration front bar/Mealstrom lightning backbar.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    IMO it's no longer necessary to run this set on non-Templar after the change to orbs and shards in Morrowind patch: they now restore any of the resources, depending which one is lower. The spider is also pretty flimsy and dies easily in AoE. The 2% healing done it's already insignificant since you are already overhealing most of the time. It's way better to run 2 5 piece sets + 1 monster head or Master restoration front bar/Mealstrom lightning backbar.

This. Nothing left to add for me.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with those "healing" monster sets is that its usually much more beneficial to use 2 5 piece sets and Master resto staff or 1 piece of monster set.
    Would be nice to see something that offers group support/utility instead of small non-reliable heal. I like the idea of stamina support, but the pet isnt reliable, would be better if it worked like Master resto enchant.

P.S. I used to wear it sometimes back when Aether 5 pc was BiS for healers (5 pc SPC main bar+5 pc Aether main bar), but honestly, it doesnt add much and wasnt really worth it. But imo thats the only way to use it (with SPC resto), without giving up another 5 pc set. But it only works with those few sets that can be used on offbar (such as Aether, Master Architect, this kind of thing).
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on October 17, 2017 10:07AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it yet.

Just got my chokethorn pauldrons, but eventually I'll explore all the options.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider goes melee -> good thing, cause goes where the other melees should be, bad thing cause tends to die in fires.
    Spider doesnt proc from overheal, only from "real" heal. u wont see it much w/ a good group.

I run it on magplar and magwarden in facetank builds, kinda nice as i can easily proc it w/ ror or la/ha w/ lotus, the little buddy stays with me and the extra-stam really helps as i only got 15k max.

Wouldnt run it on a healer tho. pre next patch, if u want to help 2 stam dds and the tank more, go w/ infused vdsa resto and 5 torugs, 5spc; mending is good aswell, as u reduce the dmg they take. post next patch, not sure if ill come up w/ a usefull glyph to put on dsa staff thats good enough to be an excuse for running torugs ;)
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the above users it is no longer necessary, but I still love to use it on my NB healer. The extra healing done stacks nicely with the siphoning passive that increases healing done per siphoning ability slotted. And I like that I am providing extra support for stam dd. Orbs can be tricky to pick up and this set will restore stamina to your tank/dd without them having to do anything. And it provides yet another HoT on top of your other many HoTs as a NB healer. Which means you can focus more on doing damage and speeding up the run.

For trials I wouldn't use it, but I personally like it a lot in 4 man content (Also on templar healers). Because you can run a 5 piece set(I use SPC or Julianos), together with willpower jewelry, master/vMA weapons AND a full monster set. This way get the added spell damage from willpower and damage effects from vMA destro that will contribute to your dps in 4 mans, making it go faster, while at the same time providing good stam support with master resto and sentinel monster set. It feels like a more complete build to me than a 5-5-1 setup. And more fun as well.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I haven't tried it yet.

Just got my chokethorn pauldrons, but eventually I'll explore all the options.

Chocklethorn is too random to be useful in serious content and it only heals for 20K over 4s. I can heal for 7K instantly with my combat prayer which I run anyway because it's just too good as group buff. If it crits It's a 10K heal for multiple players. Since the sustain and BoL nerfs I basically use that as burst heal. At least the 1p Chocklethorn is good. I use it on my Tank with 1 Shadowrend to stack magicka recovery.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just read "overhealing", it is clear that healing needs to be NERFED soon!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The behavior of the spider is too erratic for it to become interesting. You can trash this.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

It does not, it already has by nerfing Blessed CP and Major Mending in Morrowind. It's just a play-style issue, as many healers spam heals instead of buffing the group. And there are situations where you really need to heal as much as possible since the DPS received by players from certain mechanics is so high (ex. vAA: Stone Atronach pounding, Valariel when you leave one ghost and Mage execute phase). There are also mechanics that sap resources and debuff healing (ex. the orbs in vCoS).

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • dawgyg99
    dawgyg99
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the great replies all.

I usually run two 5 piece and Skoria for the extra health bonus. It's a real shame there aren't more legit 2 piece monster sets for healers, really feel neglected in that respect :neutral:
  • dawgyg99
    dawgyg99
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    I agree with the above users it is no longer necessary, but I still love to use it on my NB healer. The extra healing done stacks nicely with the siphoning passive that increases healing done per siphoning ability slotted. And I like that I am providing extra support for stam dd. Orbs can be tricky to pick up and this set will restore stamina to your tank/dd without them having to do anything. And it provides yet another HoT on top of your other many HoTs as a NB healer. Which means you can focus more on doing damage and speeding up the run.

For trials I wouldn't use it, but I personally like it a lot in 4 man content (Also on templar healers). Because you can run a 5 piece set(I use SPC or Julianos), together with willpower jewelry, master/vMA weapons AND a full monster set. This way get the added spell damage from willpower and damage effects from vMA destro that will contribute to your dps in 4 mans, making it go faster, while at the same time providing good stam support with master resto and sentinel monster set. It feels like a more complete build to me than a 5-5-1 setup. And more fun as well.

Yeah I may give it a bit more of a go with SPC + Willpower
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dawgyg99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the great replies all.

I usually run two 5 piece and Skoria for the extra health bonus. It's a real shame there aren't more legit 2 piece monster sets for healers, really feel neglected in that respect :neutral:

Since they removed the crit from them most monster sets are only good as 1p for magicka DDs too. For example if you check the top parsing builds they are invariably 5 Julianos/Nectch 5 Infallible Aether/Moondancer 1 Iceheart/Kena almost regardless of class.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple use math to get the healing/damage from 2% 4% 6%... and think again. Thats my default answer if someone ask me about these % bonuses on sets.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is clear that incap, soul assault, poison inj, need to be NERFED soon!. Plp over do all these.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It does not, it already has by nerfing Blessed CP and Major Mending in Morrowind. It's just a play-style issue, as many healers spam heals instead of buffing the group. And there are situations where you really need to heal as much as possible since the DPS received by players from certain mechanics is so high (ex. vAA: Stone Atronach pounding, Valariel when you leave one ghost and Mage execute phase). There are also mechanics that sap resources and debuff healing (ex. the orbs in vCoS).

Yes this! Especially when you have squishy squishies standing in the red expecting to have a no death run while burning a boss down.

I am really getting tired of the snowflakes blaming all the support classes for their woes. :/
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think add in something to give u more resources. That way you can provide more buffs and protect your tempy :)

Though try it Op!! :) It might be a change of pace, or lead you to something else that's different and works for you. Maybe a new build.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put Powerful Assault togeter with SPC and spam vigor every 8 seconds. 400 spell/weapon damage injection can't go wrong.

All the resources sets are good only for novice healers or dd's who struggle to do the job with their build. You need to throw shards at tank often and always apply magicka drain, this is the maximum resources you need.

Thata for 4 man, things are different in 12
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes this! Especially when you have squishy squishies standing in the red expecting to have a no death run while burning a boss down.

I am really getting tired of the snowflakes blaming all the support classes for their woes. :/

I'm not talking about avoidable things. For the most part HoTs should keep people alive and healer should focus more on supporting. In 4 man content if the group is good you can basically bring another DPS with some off-heals and finish faster. There are only a few instances in vet HM DLC dungeons where you need to throw everything into healing. BiS gear and group customization is only necessary to do veteran trials for score, and do the vet DLC ones which are harder. There you can really see what is BiS and what is not. As a result there's no reason to farm stuff intensively unless it's BiS for that kind of content.

Any monster set that gives you magicka recovery/maximum magicka/spell damage can be made part of such a BiS build, provided that you have the staves from one of the required healer & support sets. For example I have both resto and lightning from the SPC set so I can wear a heavy Kena or Shadowrend to augment my build, and only swap jewels and body pieces to Worm Cult, Sanctuary, Mending or other sets. It's only in trials where you need that kind of customization. For dungeons I usually swap to Julianos and IA, DPS and off-heal people with ritual of retribution, and pick my shards that I use for DPS anyway.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    Try using 5 piece SPC and 5 Piece Mending + Masters resto staff c:
    I use this and it works great so far

as a healer you dont need a monster set, sooo 2x5 piece sets and any staves
    Edited by Seleval on October 17, 2017 11:59AM
    PC/EU
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran on my Pet Sorc and it worked ok, but with the change to Orbs its not needed now. So i'm back to Dave the Daedroth.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Ran on my Pet Sorc and it worked ok, but with the change to Orbs its not needed now. So i'm back to Dave the Daedroth.

I hate that with a passion as tank. When I started playing it was always standing between me and the boss, and I could not see certain mechanics to block/interrupt them. I've seen it recently popping in trials but thankfully the AoEs get rid of it quite quickly and so does the other nuisance, the scamp :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My healers run with 2 5 piece sets and one monster helm or shoulder. Slimcraw or ice heart currently. Anything to boost spell damage.
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    As most of the above healers, I also run 2 5pc sets and 1 monster piece (+max health atm).
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 5pc sets + monster piece is for those who cant farm vdsa
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Put Powerful Assault togeter with SPC and spam vigor every 8 seconds. 400 spell/weapon damage injection can't go wrong.

All the resources sets are good only for novice healers or dd's who struggle to do the job with their build. You need to throw shards at tank often and always apply magicka drain, this is the maximum resources you need.

Thata for 4 man, things are different in 12

nah, I don't agree.<3
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not talking about avoidable things. For the most part HoTs should keep people alive and healer should focus more on supporting. In 4 man content if the group is good you can basically bring another DPS with some off-heals and finish faster. There are only a few instances in vet HM DLC dungeons where you need to throw everything into healing. BiS gear and group customization is only necessary to do veteran trials for score, and do the vet DLC ones which are harder. There you can really see what is BiS and what is not. As a result there's no reason to farm stuff intensively unless it's BiS for that kind of content.

Any monster set that gives you magicka recovery/maximum magicka/spell damage can be made part of such a BiS build, provided that you have the staves from one of the required healer & support sets. For example I have both resto and lightning from the SPC set so I can wear a heavy Kena or Shadowrend to augment my build, and only swap jewels and body pieces to Worm Cult, Sanctuary, Mending or other sets. It's only in trials where you need that kind of customization. For dungeons I usually swap to Julianos and IA, DPS and off-heal people with ritual of retribution, and pick my shards that I use for DPS anyway.

tltr u could just have said "nah, I didn't mean that." but okay :) all is good.<3
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troll King + SPC front bar + Master Architect back bar

War Horn on back bar whenever you can.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most disappointing sets out there. I figured after the Morrowind sustain changes this set would see a tremendous impact boost, but sadly it cannot stay alive long enough to be useful.

-The pet has 14k health and does not get the AoE damage mitigation that other pets get. It also doesn't have high resistances at all.

-Despite the pet not having the ability to attack, it "aggros" to mobs, and walks to them before planting itself in place to attempt to heal. This puts it into dangerous situations often and gets it killed.

-It is highly susceptible to chain CC, as it does not get CC immunity (from what I can tell, it usually just dies after being CCed anyways). CC also does not pause its timer, meaning it can spawn and literally sit there and do nothing for its duration, if it isn't killed somehow.

Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue