The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

A Suggestion for Vet Trials

Stamicka
Stamicka
✭✭✭✭✭
Vet Trials should have an effect similar to battle spirit in PvP. Instead, this permanent vet trial buff would grant major brutality, major sorcerery, major savagery, and major prophecy. Maybe also 1k health but this isn’t as important. This is would significantly lower the cost of doing raids. The amount of money spent on weapon and spell power pots just to put out competitive DPS is insane. I really think this change would encourage more people to raid since having a lot of gold wouldn’t play a large factor anymore.
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    Erm... It costs nothing but a little time to craft your own pots.
    Options
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    Plus... I can't be alone in that I gain money from doing vet trials, not lose it
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs plenty to make potions. Either you buy the potions, or you buy the ingredients, or you spend your time in order to collect a lot of reagents yourself. As someone who farms for reagents and other mats, it does take a long time to amass a stockpile, and people who do trials definitely need a stockpile.

As for the idea that it costs nothing but time, there's such a thing as opportunity cost, aka you lose what you would have otherwise been doing with that time. Unless you like farming for reagents like I do (I find farming relaxing in a way that satisfies my inner hoarder), I don't expect telling folks "hey, spend your time farming reagents in order to fund your trials habit" is much of a solution.

That being said, I can tell you my suspicion about the main reason people don't do trials. It isn't the money. Its the lack of DPS. I'd rather farm and have fun doing what I want in the game, so I will probably never put in the time and effort required to tighten my rotation up to reach trial-worthy DPS numbers. When you consider that most players in game probably sit in the 6-15k range on DPS, you realize why they don't run trials.
    Options
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    3 plants = 4 pots. That's doesn't require hours & hours of farming. I run 2 vet trials per week and I certainly don't chug pots throughout the dungeon, generally only for harder boss fights. Each one lasts 47s. I never buy pots.

Of course, some ppl may not want to spend their game time harvesting, but op is making out like vet trials are the privilege of the rich which simply isn't true. As I said, I make money doing vet trials, not lose it!

I've not experienced people not doing vet trials due to a lack of cash! My guild is never short of people willing to do vet trials. If op is experiencing a shortage of buddies to run vet trials with I suggest he join a trials guild.
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And minor berserk and minor magicka steal as well please, so I don't have to use combat prayer and elemental drain anymore.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M1SH3LL3 wrote: »
    3 plants = 4 pots. That's doesn't require hours & hours of farming. I run 2 vet trials per week and I certainly don't chug pots throughout the dungeon, generally only for harder boss fights. Each one lasts 47s. I never buy pots.

Of course, some ppl may not want to spend their game time harvesting, but op is making out like vet trials are the privilege of the rich which simply isn't true. As I said, I make money doing vet trials, not lose it!

I've not experienced people not doing vet trials due to a lack of cash! My guild is never short of people willing to do vet trials. If op is experiencing a shortage of buddies to run vet trials with I suggest he join a trials guild.

I’m not saying that vet Trials are only for rich people, I’m cetainly not rich and I run vet trials. The thing is I often go into progression trial teams so there’s a lot of learning and wipes which means more time in the trial. More time= more required pots which means more money. Currently it’s about 10k an hour to run a trial, this really stacks up when you are in a Vet Halls of Fabrication progression group and you don’t get fast runs.
    Options
  • Mop_Almighty
    10k on pots per hour? If you were using a pot on cool down you would use about 75 pots so one stack would last you for about 2 hours 40 min, so unless your paying 26.6k per stack of pots and you are using them every 45 seconds you aren't paying 10k an hour
    Breton magsorc
    Argonian Healer
    Dunmer magdk
    Breton magplar
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    Options