Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

The Hearts Desire end boss

Cletus
Cletus
I fought my way with may deaths and soul gems to the end boss of Hearts Desire only to find him being a 2 dot mob. What a waste of time and gems. My only shot at this guy is with help from several players. I don't understand why I was able to start this quest to be out levelled in the end.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest takes place in a public dungeon, which has larger mobs than delves and bosses that are designed to be tackled by a group of players. What exactly is so surprising about struggling to complete this dungeon's quest by yourself? That's pretty normal actually.

Mind you, these are soloable, but it does take experience, a good amount of DPS, and probably a good amount of CP on a higher level character. If you can't solo a public dungeon yet, don't worry about it. Public dungeons are meant o be done with a group or with random players running around.
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    This was my first time in any public Dungeon. I thought it would be like any other I had been in. Especially since I was there to complete a quest. The place just kept getting more and more layered and I was curious more than anything to see where it ended. Coming face to face with a 2 dot boss surprised me though.
    I was helping a level 30 player,although he didn't seem to need any, I gained from 37 to 38 while there. He had no problems with his health or ability killing mobs. I had to guess he was an alt or had crafted gear on. Either way he did a terrific job while I failed epically.
    It was a learning experience but I still don't get how this is a level 38 quest?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests are not level locked any more and haven't been since One Tamriel. This is a quest that takes you into a public dungeon, which does have a map icon that is distinct from normal delves, and thus should be expected to be harder simply because public dungeons have more enemies and harder bosses than delves. (The info on public dungeons should be available in the in-game help menu.) You can pick up this quest at level 3 if you wanted to as you could practically any other open world quest, though your ability to complete it is not guaranteed. The mantra on the loading screen still applies "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day." Public dungeons are designed to be tougher than delves or the average quest content. So please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not surprised you struggled with doing a quest in a public dungeon solo. Most new players who are leveling (without benefit of Cp on an alt) would, that's why they are specially marked as public dungeons.

The level 30 player was probably on an alt with CP enabled if he was having no problems with anything. I've been leveling a character with no CP recently and it is amazing how much a difference CP makes for a leveling character. Its night and day between a magwarden with CP and a magwarden with no CP. Bosses are much, much harder without the extra sustain and damage from CP. My current leveling magwarden without CP would be terrible in Nchutinghthhkdfhghf whatever the heck its spelled if I took her in there today even though I know that dungeon really well from grinding in there with my max level stam sorc.

• Cletus
    Cletus
    Yes I learned my lesson being in there. I guess what I was thinking of was an icon in the journal section for the quest that might have alerted me to the fact don't do this quest dummy. Or something to that effect. I will be avoiding Publics in the future until I am way more able to stay alive. You gave me some good info though thanks.