The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

i cant stand this anymore please someone help

nbhran3
nbhran3
hey guys ...
so my question is , why would i need to open ports to be able to play the game ? Isnt playing the game and having no difficulty entering the game or having no latency is something that suppose to be in the first place ?
Its like me selling shoes to a costumer and telling him that if he want something to tie hes shoes with he needs to make them by himself...
As a big company like Bethesda or Zenimax , being able to enter the game without any problems is a basic thing !
Why would i risk my computer by making ports ? When did playing a game became so problematic ?
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have to do anything with ports to play the game. Are you sure this is a problem with the game and not with your router/ISP?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have to open any ports to play the game. Problem may be on your end?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I didn't have to open any ports to play the game. Problem may be on your end?
    Same here ...
    agree.gif
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3
    I didn't have to do anything with ports to play the game. Are you sure this is a problem with the game and not with your router/ISP?

the only game that im having problems with is TESO...
    i contacted their support and they gave me a bunch of solutions but nothing worked out ..
    the only solution that is left is for me to open ports ...
    and if i will open ports it will let hackers have easier access to my computer ...

i really just want to play this game and thats it ...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nbhran3 wrote: »
    and if i will open ports it will let hackers have easier access to my computer ...
    That's not how hacking works.
    You only need to open ports for outgoing traffic, the ESO client will initiate the connection from your PC.

There's no need to open any ports for incoming traffic ...
    shades.gif
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You only need to open ports for outgoing traffic, the ESO client will initiate the connection from your PC.

shades.gif

And most of the time, with most residential quality internet connections, you don't have to open any ports at all. They are already open.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ports?

You running windows '95?

I haven't configured ports in over 20 years.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And most of the time, with most residential quality internet connections, you don't have to open any ports at all. They are already open.
    That is correct but apparently the OP has closed most outgoing ports as well in his/her firewall settings, otherwise ESO would be working just fine out of the box.
    type.gif
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um, OP, maybe you could describe what system you are running and someone here might be able to help you out.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3

shades.gif

so can you please help me forward ports ? because i barely understand any of this ...
    i only know how to enter the port forwarding page and thats it ..

it tells me i need to fill a Local IP , Local Start Port , Local End Port and then start to fill External IP , External Start Port , External End Port.
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Um, OP, maybe you could describe what system you are running and someone here might be able to help you out.

what information do i need to give ?
    i am running windows 10 ...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct but apparently the OP has closed most outgoing ports as well in his/her firewall settings, otherwise ESO would be working just fine out of the box.
    type.gif

Hopefully, such things are intentional, and needed. I can remember blocking ports, in the past, but it was mainly to get my evil spawn to stop playing Dota and do their chores. Since I enrolled them in military school, this has not been necessary. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Port Triggering (as opposed to Port Forwarding which requires Static IPs and more involved set up) is not opening your machine to hackers. It just allows the ports that are used by the game to be enabled as long as traffic is initiated by your machine on those ports. In other words, it won't listen on those ports unless it talked on those ports.

It helps some people, for others it does not matter. However if you have a Firewall Function on your router, it would help to have the ports for the online games active as a step in troubleshooting lag and performance issues.

What can really get in the way, and this should not apply to a console, is when you have a Firewall on your Router, and, you are running Windows Firewall. Pick one and run that.

Which begs the question, you are running a wired connection to game with? Right?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nbhran3
    nbhran3
    Nestor wrote: »
    Port Triggering (as opposed to Port Forwarding which requires Static IPs and more involved set up) is not opening your machine to hackers. It just allows the ports that are used by the game to be enabled as long as traffic is initiated by your machine on those ports. In other words, it won't listen on those ports unless it talked on those ports.

It helps some people, for others it does not matter. However if you have a Firewall Function on your router, it would help to have the ports for the online games active as a step in troubleshooting lag and performance issues.

What can really get in the way, and this should not apply to a console, is when you have a Firewall on your Router, and, you are running Windows Firewall. Pick one and run that.

Which begs the question, you are running a wired connection to game with? Right?

well ... my firewall is disabled on my computer ...
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3
    and on port triggering i have a few blank spaces to fill

the first one is "Trigger Start And End Port"

and the second one is "Target Start and End Port"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    Ports?

You running windows '95?

I haven't configured ports in over 20 years.
    You have to configure it for server software, that is stuff who accept random incoming connections.
    Probably for many P2P multiplayer games however they will ask for firewall to open.

My guess is paranoid router setup.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3
    but how do i open ports ???

it tells me i need to fill a Local IP , Local Start Port , Local End Port and then start to fill External IP , External Start Port , External End Port.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the ports you enter at "Local Start Port, Local End Port".

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80 through 80
    TCP Port 433 through 433

Your local IP should be filled in automatically.

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3
    Idinuse wrote: »

TCP Port 80 through 80
    TCP Port 433 through 433

well the local ip i can fill by looking in ipconfig right ?
  • nbhran3
    nbhran3
    Idinuse wrote: »

TCP Port 80 through 80
    TCP Port 433 through 433

and what should i fill in the external start and end port
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google the Make and Model of your Router and the term "Port Triggering" and you will get instructions on how to do this.

On my Router, I don't have IP's just port ranges to allow.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UberTester
    UberTester
    ✭✭
    In my experience it typically requires a level of configuration in order to prevent much outbound traffic, and hence prevent ESO (and other games) from working. Lots more info about the actual issue required, I think!
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    This is unusual it has to be your setup something is hooked up different than normal such as cables or whatever try connecting your modem straight to your pc.