Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about bursting (pvp)

teiselaise
teiselaise
✭✭✭
Hey, you might have noticed i have been asking quite a large quantity of magblade questions on the forums ^^ heres some more, i would like to know how burst works in this game, what are the numbers required and stuff, with my current magblade dual wield-resto clever alchemist,overwhelming surge, infernal guardian i feel like people can sustain my damage quite easily and the fights just ends up drawing out untill i mess something up, i am aware of that i am no very good player but i have the feeling that the reason i cant burst is partually my build ^^

thanks alot if you answer :D
Argonian masterrace
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwhelming surge is not great, esp not for burst, it adds a handful of dps in a longer fight.
    Neither is infernal guardian, it shouldnt hit the target right infront of u.

Right stats for burst depend alot on your targets armorrating. High armorrating: penetration is better, low armorrating: spelldmg is better.

Afaik u "need" your target not being able to react: 1-shot from stealth, fear/stun and the likes. if your target is able to react it can block to mitigate your dmg or even worse, counter.

The secret ingredient to a successful 1vX is to find enough bad players to make it look like they stood a chance.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been running a DW resto magblade for quite a while. Generally speaking I have around 40k max magic and 2500 Sd unbuffed. I run a high regen build. I can burst down most people in open world setting. Duels are tricky with DW and trying to be "honorable" like no poisons or cloak.

Most the time clever alchemist is a waste when trying to line something up. Between CA proc ultimate and merciless your timing must be flawless.

My wins are normally because of control. Between fear and cripple you should be able to manage the pace of the fight.

I like to get people to about 75% health before I pressure them. Wait till 75% then burst then CC. I personally hit them with DW heavy with concealed into soul harvest then fear. This makes them have low health with defile from soul harvest. I win a good bit of fights with that setup.

Magic characters are harder to do this with. Which is why I have great sustain. Just keeping fear and cripple alternating should break their Stam until you can get your timing in.

I run amberplasm Shacklebreaker with valkyn skoria. All tristat glyphs. 1 Nirn weapon with WD/SD glyph 1 charged with disease or sharpened with fire.

High elf

39.9k max magic 25k health 15k Stam 2400 magic recovery 1300 Stam recovery. 48% crit. This is without potion continuous or any buff. Hopefully this helps.