The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Jewelry retrait? Would you want it?

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
This is just something that I thought would be an excellent addition since we are getting the clockwork city with its ability to retrait weapons and armor.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep your retraiting. Give us crafting instead.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasons why I would want it for is for jewelry like elfsbane as it comes in healthy.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not both? Kinda wish you could see the jewelry though...
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting and upgrade ability would suffice in most cases, as you would no longer be limited to fill in the blanks of a build with gear only.

Upgrading should be available for golding out existing jewelry, same as you can gold out a sword or a belt. Granted, the difference is still minor, but the option should be there.

Leaderboards and 'the golden' shouldn't be the only option for this. Rewards would prevent the need for people to upgrade, but wouldn't prevent others from taking that final step.

Of course, retrait would be another natural extension, but I think it's unnecessary until full fledged jewel crafting is on the table. The system could be implemented with relative ease using the base code for blacksmithing. Necessary traits for jewelry could be produced by either finding 'perfect' versions of stones, or refining a set amount of imperfects to produce a single perfect as a result. They could even require trait research, if they really wanted to.

Not saying it's a bad idea, by any means. They just need to implement the full system.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Give us ability to swap traits on jewellery, so if some raid jewellery drops it can be swapped to something you prefer. Also Give us jewelry crafting, and the ability to upgrade purple jewellery to yellow.
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it would be a bit awkward since you can't research jewelry, and there's no jewelry crafting yet, so the provisions for such a system are not yet in place.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    Reasons why I would want it for is for jewelry like elfsbane as it comes in healthy.

Yeah i can just imagine Elf Bane jewels in Arcane on a Dunmer MagDK with Shacklebreaker/Pelinals or even more OP the upcoming Innate Axiom (if the stats stay the same) in Cyro, which is probably the reason jewelry retraiting is a subject that ZOS avoids talking about or commiting themselves to say "Yes" or "No". :)
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some heavy armor set based jewels I'd like in either robust or arcane. that's about it though.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just an upgrade for me would be enough. Sad there is no gold Willpower.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything is this game is far to easily accessible anyway, there is no value in having good gear any more, as everyone can pretty much get BIS in a few hours. Jewellery crafting/retraiting/upgrading would be the final nail in the coffin.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, give us a way to upgrade our jewelry.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I want arcane undaunted infiltrator, Soulshine, and elf bane. Also robust advancing Yokeda.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JEWELRY CRAFTING.... as ZOS promised. I'll take the retrait, but if you're asking me what I want? Hands down, Jewelry Crafting.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting would kill overland dropped sets. Why spend tens of thousands of gold apiece on purple Necropotence or Spinner's or Mother's Sorrow (or Spriggan's if you're a stamina char) jewelry pieces when you can make your own from crafted sets, and in gold as well? (Unless the cost to produce a purple or gold necklace or ring from a crafted set was high enough that pieces from dropped sets selling in guild stores were still competitive.)

Enabling retraiting to allow a player to put a trait on a piece of jewelry that it normally doesn't ever drop in would be reasonable.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would hate the ability to gold out jewellery. Why would you run a vet trial if you could just get the jewellery on normal and gold it out? I'd rather see a Champion/Nightmare mode for dungeons where gold jewellery could drop.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would hazard a guess that the materials for crafting gold jewelry would be exceptionally rare -- perhaps on par with Aetherial Dust. At most, a dedicated player could hope to craft to Purple with a lot of effort and careful hoarding. So it wouldn't be an instant "suddenly everything is worthless." It would be an eventual "suddenly everything is worthless." You know, let it simmer first.
          In verity.
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭

Idk if anyone else has noticed, but ZoS has been releasing content much faster in the past year or so, content that requires much more work and more development resources.

This makes me hopeful that certain of their more realistic promises like Transmog will actually be released, probably jewelry crafting as well.
    Retraiting jewelry logically would be released with jewelry crafting.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ardan147 wrote: »
    Jewelry crafting would kill overland dropped sets. Why spend tens of thousands of gold apiece on purple Necropotence or Spinner's or Mother's Sorrow (or Spriggan's if you're a stamina char) jewelry pieces when you can make your own from crafted sets, and in gold as well? (Unless the cost to produce a purple or gold necklace or ring from a crafted set was high enough that pieces from dropped sets selling in guild stores were still competitive.)

Enabling retraiting to allow a player to put a trait on a piece of jewelry that it normally doesn't ever drop in would be reasonable.

Most of those have unique effect on their 3r or 5th piece so they will still be good. Jewelry crafting doesn't mean you will be able to craft the sets that are only dropped now, but most likely one of the sets that are already craftable, like Julianos or NMG. Also jewelry for the overland sets is easy to acquire since dolmen farming tends to be fast. As a result most are dirt cheap in guild stores even now.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes ill take it, but not over Jewlery crafting :*
    PC
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    I would hate the ability to gold out jewellery. Why would you run a vet trial if you could just get the jewellery on normal and gold it out? I'd rather see a Champion/Nightmare mode for dungeons where gold jewellery could drop.
    Same. I think the current HM should have a chance to drop gold because there's no reason for it outside of pledges and achievements.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Everything is this game is far to easily accessible anyway, there is no value in having good gear any more, as everyone can pretty much get BIS in a few hours.

Not all of us are min-max theory crafting farmers.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRAFTING is the only possible ANSWER!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm I wouldn't complain.

But what I really WANT is jewelry Crafting and upgrading.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis