The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

All Healing and Buff Spells I Cast Aren't Effecting Other Players - (In Certain Zones) - PC NA.

REDGAMER17
Greetings,

Some time ago I was having trouble with my Imperial Templar Healer, in the way that his heals and buffs were not effecting other players while in Alik'r Desert. This issue was never resolved, I simply never went back to Alik'r Desert with that character.

Unfortunately, I am now experiencing the same issue, but with my Altmer Templar Healer, and in Auridon.. Which is the zone I am in most of the time when playing as him.

I have done all the troubleshooting I can think of such as, /reloadui, relogging, repairing, uninstalling Add-Ons, Windows and Graphics Driver are updated, ran the troubleshooter, and rebooted PC, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. And I have of course contacted support twice for this issue, once after my Imperial Templar Healer fell victim to the bug 13/Apr/2017. And once again when my Altmer Templar Healer fell victim to the same 12/Oct/2017.

The first four screenshots are of Brother Septimus, my Imperial Templar Healer in the aforementioned Alik'r Desert, the Zone where his heals don't work.

Each of these first four screenshots show a different spell, each one failing to effect the players around me.

teplj0x3ucy6.png
The first being Energy Orbs, as the orb travels, there should be a golden stream going to three or four of the players around me, but the orb is effecting me alone.

u8cl18zhe5e2.png
The second screenshot is of Extended Ritual, I carefully took the screenshot as the spell "ticked" as you can see the spell is once again, only effecting me, and not those around me.

iem90boapa5l.png
The third is Rapid Regeneration, casting this should send a stream of golden light to two other players. Which by the screenshot you can see, it is not.

qpmdtstv9vwi.png
Fourth is Combat Prayer, I was once again careful to show the ability being cast at the critical point where we should see other players glow from being effected by the spell. Which, once again, we do not.

I must press the point that ALL my Imperial Templar's and Altmer Templar's heals AND buffs aren't applying their benefit OR their visuals unto other players, not just those listed in this post. (Just in case this wasn't clear in any way). It's also important that I reiterate the fact that this bug effects them only when my Imperial is in Alik'r Desert and when my Altmer is in Auridon. When I travel outside of these Zones, I can once again heal everyone with both characters, group or no group. This was tested multiple times, as upon contacting ESO Support, I was told that these heals weren't effecting other players, because I wasn't grouped with them. Unfortunately this grouping theory is incorrect. The solution just isn't that simple, I truly wish it was.

in8y2s6bteit.png

zb2kcltzjvly.png

xvw6fe7i18m4.png

5uritjpepy8u.png

The second group of screenshots, screenshots 5 to 8 (Shown Above) are of the same four spells shown in the first 4 screenshots, (Energy Orbs, Extended Ritual, Rapid Regeneration and Combat Prayer) but these were taken in a different Zone to Alik'r Desert. And as you can see, they all do what they're supposed to do, and I'm not grouped with the other player.

ff1gevjhyb8c.png
z6fushv6yhow.png

Screenshots 9 and 10 (Shown Above) are of my Imperial Templar Healer in Alik'r Desert, casting Extended Ritual, and Rapid Regeneration on a grouped player, and the spells are failing in the same way as described previously. It may seem repetitive, but I simply want it to be clear, ALL heals and buffs weren't working on this grouped player either. Not just those two spells portrayed in the final two screenshots.

ESO Support eventually told me that the issue is out of their capabilities, and that posting on these forums is the best way to bring it to the attention of those that can actually influence the game in a way that would affect the bug. So I thanked them for their time, and for attempting to assist me with what limited arsenal they had at their disposal.

Thank you to any fellow players that have the same issues present, and take the time to post here.

And thank you to any ZOS members that take the time to read it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, you have pretty big latency - 250+ When I have something like this in Cyro, I also don't see lines from Rapid Regen for example. May be this is just the cancellation of effects in high latency mode and healing itself is working? Did you ask them whether they see the buffs (I presume they have addons like FTC)?

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • REDGAMER17
    Thank you for your input, vovus69.

I'm actually based in the pacific, so what you call "High Latency" I call normal. I've had this latency for my entire ESO Experience, (Been playing since launch). And this healing bug has only plagued me since April of this year, at the earliest. So far only these two characters mentioned in the original post are experiencing this bug. (I have 14 characters in total, at this time).

Also to answer your question, both I and the players I'm attempting to heal had buff tracking Add-Ons installed and none of us could see any benefits appearing at all. The heals truly aren't effecting them in any way.

Thanks again.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info!

This is definitely something new. I'll check when I'll be Alikr. Usually I have ~130-150 latency so would be interesting to see whether I can heal. I have both templar and warden if needed, so will check.

-vovus
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So just out of curiosity, I went to the Alikr (Sentinel) with my Breton Templar Healer and everything seemed to be fine. All the same heals you tried worked just like they were suppose to with others in the area. I could see it visually as well as see the heals in the combat log. Not sure the ping rate would make much difference, but I'm in the US with the normal PR of around 110 or so.
  • REDGAMER17
    Hello again, vovus69.

And thanks for posting, Ashtaris.

Yes the bug seems to be very isolated, I wouldn't expect either of you to be experiencing it. The same as how everyone in Alik'r Desert and Auridon Zone Chat had no idea what I was talking about.

But upon showing players the issue, (by trying to heal them, and those heals failing), they agreed that it was certainly present. And of course very strange and unfortunate.

Thanks to both of you for posting, I appreciate any inquisitive attention this Bug Post gets. It helps bring attention to my issue and hopefully that will eventually lead to further and more thorough investigations and perhaps even a solution.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that with the graphic changes that were made to limit the particle effects visual is what you are seeing. Also is it possible that since you are not in combat or they are not in combat this is the end result. There were changes made a year ago or more that prevented you from healing other when not in combat as part of the out of combat ulti generation fix. I'm just thinking those could be two of the reasons for this.
  • REDGAMER17
    Thanks, Anazasi. For taking the time to post.

This theory is unfortunately incorrect, as is evident by the fact that my Imperial's heals and buffs are effecting the other player in screenshots 5 to 8 (Shown in Original Post) and we are not in combat. We are in fact just standing around Riften. Obviously the other player's health cannot go above that which is their maximum, but the heals make contact and apply their benefit unto the player nonetheless. As do the buffs. This theory also wouldn't explain why only these two characters (My Imperial and my Altmer) are only having these issues while in certain Zones, (Alik'r Desert and Auridon, respectively) but are completely free of the issue in any other Zone.

I'm not sure exactly to what changes you are referring, but the two characters mentioned above could heal any player, inside or outside of combat, before the bug, which has only affected me since earlier this year. Furthermore, all my other characters that have heals on their bars, who aren't affected by this bug, are still able to heal and provide buffs inside and outside of combat, even today.

As mentioned in the original post and in my response to vovus69's Post, the heals and buffs aren't applying at all, neither their visuals, nor their benefits. This has been tested numerous times with numerous players since the bug first appeared for my Imperial, 13/April/2017, and once again, both inside and outside of combat.

As always I appreciate any inquisitive attention this Bug Report receives.

Thanks again for posting, Anazasi.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the oddest bugs I've ever seen. If you have the patience, it could be interesting if you tested your characters in every zone in the game. Travel to Guild members in other zones or use the NPC boatsmen if you are lacking in wayshrines.

I have a Breton Templar Healer and I've never noticed any problems with him in Alik'r. I also have an Imperial Sorcerer Healer and I've never noticed any problems with him in Auridon.

Another thing to check would be your Templar and Restoration Staff passives, and Champion Point distributions. Check them against your characters who aren't broken, just in case some minor glitch in a CP perk is causing the problem. Maybe check your racial passives as well? Try removing all CP and passives from your glitched characters to see whether normal functionality is restored.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    .... Also is it possible that since you are not in combat or they are not in combat this is the end result. There were changes made a year ago or more that prevented you from healing other when not in combat as part of the out of combat ulti generation fix. ....
    For what it is worth, my Breton Templar healer frequently heals other players' characters while, as far as I am aware, none of us are currently "in combat". He also can heal other players' characters while they are engaged in combat, when the B.T. is in range of the other players' characters but not in combat with their opponent(s).

Note that whether our respective characters are in a group does not matter. The B.T. healer heals other players' characters at Dolmens regardless of whether enemy NPCs or MoBs are currently present, and after the battle concludes, too.

Also, my two respective Sorcerers launch either the Unstable Clannfear or the Twilight Matriarch primarily for their ability to heal my character, and heal the other familiar (the Volatile Familiar -?- or the Twilight Tormentor), as well as themselves. When I activate their healing ability, they often also heal other player characters (and other sorcerer's familiars!) which are within 30 meters of their location. That also occurs regardless of whether my healing familiar, or any recipient of their healing, is in combat or is in a group.

Since I don't engage in PvP, healing other player characters and/or their familiars doesn't matter to me, but maybe the healing that I have described doesn't happen while the player characters are in a duel or in Cyrodiil.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 21, 2017 12:57AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • REDGAMER17
    Hi there, baratron.

Thanks for posting, and I do apologize for the delay in my response, it was by no means an easy feat. I've actually traveled to a lot of Zones already since this bug came to be, and the result has never changed. But to quell both of our curiosities, I went to just about every Zone I could with my Altmer Templar Healer, and it is quite accurate to say that this bug is only effecting them when they're in their corresponding "Problem Zones" detailed in the Original Post. Their heals and buffs worked everywhere else I had gone.

I also spent a bit of Gold and gave my Altmer Templar Healer a respec in Skills/Passives, Attributes, AND Champion Points. Then I spent some Skill Points on a few healing abilities, which upon casting them at a very busy Dolmen in Auridon revealed no change whatsoever...

Though it was a possibility that the exact combination of my character's Skills, Passives and Champion Points could have found some unfortunate mathematical hiccup, this theory has also failed. Either that, or the mathematical hiccup has affected the characters to the point of permanent change, a change that I can't claim to know is actually possible. While it is a disappointment that an answer wasn't found, I still thank you for your input, and for taking an interest in my issue.
    Edited by REDGAMER17 on October 24, 2017 7:35AM
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Redgamer,

I was able to test it in alikr and auridon - I can heal in both areas. Tried to find a place where I cannot - delves, public dungeon, cities, overland , WB - no luck. Could not find the place where heal is not working. Both in group and not in group.
    So, I am at loss what it might be...

-vovus
  • REDGAMER17
    Greetings once again vovus69,

I'm not surprised by your findings. As mentioned previously, I've found through my own investigations that the bug seems very isolated, and have yet to be given the opportunity to speak directly to anyone that has experienced the bug for themselves.

Unfortunately even those that grasped the concept couldn't assist in any effective manner. Not that I expected them to be able to.

I thank you for trying it out yourself, the long-shot that it was. It's still more than others have done, and for that I am grateful.

I've been testing each day, to see if the issue has changed, alas the bug remains as stubborn as ever.

I suppose that's all I can do at this point. Test day after day and hope that someday I'll log on and the affected characters will be freed from this inconvenience.
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    @REDGAMER17

ive been experiencing similiar things, and my ping is usually on 100/ 110 in trials and all

(i even had the same thing happening in alikr desert too, on a dolmen)

have a look over here maybe:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370820/healing-is-not-working#latest

good to know its not just PC/EU
    Edited by Seleval on November 3, 2017 9:55AM
    PC/EU
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red,

Just a thought - you can try PTS if you have access to it. They still should have a copies of your chars there. If it will not work on PTS too - I guess zos can pay more attention to it...

-vovus
  • REDGAMER17
    Seleval,

Thank you for your interest in my Bug Post as well as the link, and apologies for the late reply. I've thoroughly examined the link you've provided and can say with confidence that I feel as though our issues are in fact similar, with only slight differences.

The main difference being that you (and many others commenting on your post) are experiencing an issue with their healing while in multiple areas, dungeons, trials, zones, etc. But my two characters are only being affected by the bug while in their corresponding "Problem Zones". (Alik'r Desert - Imperial Templar | Auridon - Altmer Templar)

The second most prominent difference is that many of the players on your post are only experiencing the issue with certain healing/buff spells, where as my two affected characters cannot place a heal or buff on other players at all, no matter the spell.

Thanks again for posting, Seleval. I'm sorry that you and so many others in the EU have fallen victim to such inconveniences, though I am as equally relieved that I am not the only one.
  • REDGAMER17
    And now, an update.

A development has occurred.

There are now times where I will log on, to test the bug for the day, and see if anything has changed, and I find that, sometimes, though not often, my characters can heal/buff -some- players while in their "Problem Zones". About 2 out of 10, roughly, as the ratio can and does change.

Why? I don't know. But the remaining bulk of players still stand unaffected, and there are still times where I will log on and not be able to heal/buff anyone.

I'd like to say this is progress, but that would be false.

Upon testing this latest development with a volunteer in-game, (as well as testing on a highly populated Dolmen), I've found that the factor which dictates the players I can heal and those I cannot, seems to be randomized. As is evident by that fact that one day I logged on to find I couldn't heal the aforementioned volunteer, only to have that change two days later, and then change again at a later time. So on and so forth.

I'm still hopeful that something can be done. I don't know what, but... Something...

Until then I'll continue to do as I have done. Log on every few days to test and hope the bug has been resolved.

Thanks again to everyone commenting on, and reading this post.

It needs the attention, and I do appreciate it.
    Edited by REDGAMER17 on December 4, 2017 3:30PM
  • REDGAMER17
    Greetings all,

Not much has changed since my last update on this issue. But Update 17 is now Live and I felt it necessary to report that my issue has, as of today, been tested, and remains unchanged.

All healing/buff spells cast by my Altmer-Templar-Healer and my Imperial-Templar-Healer still affect either no one at all, or in some cases about 2 out of 10 players. (Further details have been posted previously.)

With this new update I thought perhaps my issue would resolve itself, just maybe something would tweak in just the right way to fix whatever it was that went wrong so long ago. Of course this optimism was met by harsh reality, as is almost always the case.

I'll continue to log on every now and then, as I always do. To test again and again.

I wish that I had more to report.

Sadly.. Not so..
  • REDGAMER17
    Greetings again to any that happen across this bug post, covered in two years’ worth of dust. How I loathe having to dust off this musty, stubborn issue.

I am here again on these Forums, having returned to the game, after a long break from play.

A break taken due to the frustrations born from bugs and the dealings with ESO "Support" as they like to call themselves. A long break during which, I feel I should emphasize, I've never cancelled my ESO+ Subscription.

Excuse my tone, I do try to remain respectful. But I have just started levelling one of my low level characters. A Warden Healer to be precise.

And they, if you can believe it. CANNOT HEAL.

They're just starting out, at this time they have on their ability bar, Enchanted Growth, Regeneration, Illustrious Healing and Budding Seeds.

All of which, are at worst failing to heal anyone at all, and at best healing perhaps 1/4 of the players in the Dolmen Groups that I'm trying to run with in Alik'r Desert. I might log on once in a while and find that I can heal most players involved, but it never lasts, and I soon find my heals aren’t helping anyone again.

This is RIDICULOUS. It has been YEARS, I've stopped playing this game because of frustrations like this, and after waiting for so long, after hoping that maybe these issues would've been attended to, and after finally giving it another chance, I am faced with the same issue and the same LACK of helpful support.

I'd like to point out that this is a FRESH installation of The Elder Scrolls Online, on a BRAND NEW PC, with ZERO Add-Ons.

How can anyone say with any confidence that the issue is on my end?! I’m just trying to run Dolmens in Alik’r Desert, and I’m standing there, watching 3/4 of players taking damage die over and over as I spam every healing spell I have on my bar trying to stop their health from dropping. The spells just DO NOT WORK.

I don't know why I bother writing this at all.

My issue has previously been written-off as "too difficult" for any ESO Support team that I've been able to contact.

I doubt that even as a loyal and paying subscriber since launch, as having purchased every Collector's Edition of each Expansion, as a lover of the game and its potential and after spending Zenimax only knows how much on the Crown Store, that I would deserve or receive any actual help.

I guess that I'm throwing my eggs in the only basket I have left.

All I want to do is play the game my way. Wasn't that the whole marketing shtick?

This issue isn't going away. I need help with this.

Please…