The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Syrabane's Grip and an Ice Stave

StayAlfresco
StayAlfresco
✭✭
Has anyone tried this? I think it'd be fun to try out. With enough block cost, does the return out weigh the cost of blocking? Would harness Magicka in conjunction with Syrabane return more than the cost of blocking? I know it's niche, being that it only returns magic and elemental damage as a resource, but I think it'd be fun to play.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like a new way of "trolltanking" vs magicka chars? I like it. :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I remember when the tanking features of ice-staves was introduced. People were afraid it would create a new "perma-blocking" cancer meta where tanks invested into both stamina and magicka to be able to block for eternity, but I haven´t seen anything like that yet.
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    I just tried it super quick in a couple of duels versing an above average magdk mate of mine. I was using a magblade wearing Syrabane, War Maiden and Skoria, 5/1/1. This actually works really well in duels. Open world I could definitely see it struggling, and I don't have the time to test today, but it excelled against him, especially considering he's a wings sort of guy. I did have harness slotted and didn't bother taking it off, I could more than sustain a bit of spam when in the deep end. HoT's from path and swallow soul kept me up and skoria, fear, merciless combo when his wings were down would generally finish him off. I went completely balls deep with this and ran double Destro haha. This is a bunch of fun to play in my very limited testing so far!
    Edited by StayAlfresco on October 16, 2017 12:16PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I remember when the tanking features of ice-staves was introduced. People were afraid it would create a new "perma-blocking" cancer meta where tanks invested into both stamina and magicka to be able to block for eternity, but I haven´t seen anything like that yet.

People do it in duels with otherwise full dmg builds. It´s annoying.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50