The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Coldharbor Wayshrine issues: Orchard and Reaver Wayshrines

Kuramas9tails
Kuramas9tails
✭✭✭✭✭
So may boyfriend and I were grabbing skyshards and Lorebooks and I could travel from a guild member to the Orchard Wayshrine but when my boyfriend tried to travel to me, it wouldn't let him. I tried the Reaver Citadel wayshrine too and it wouldn't let him again. So I had to go in the Mal Sorra's Tomb to the west and have him travel to me from there and he could access that and we just exited from there.

This is on PS4 NA servers.
    Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
    New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
    AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
    AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    PS4/NA
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I believe some of the wayshrines there are locked to your quest progression in the zone, though I haven't tested that in a long time. Coldharbor unlocks progressively, so if one of you has done the quests there and the other has not, you might not be able to transit to those instances together.
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I believe some of the wayshrines there are locked to your quest progression in the zone, though I haven't tested that in a long time. Coldharbor unlocks progressively, so if one of you has done the quests there and the other has not, you might not be able to transit to those instances together.

I would have agreed except I didn't do any quests in Coldharbor and I could access it. My boyfriend however, it wouldn't let him. We both were on max level characters who never touched Coldharbor until we went looking for Lorebooks. We both didn't touch the main quest either.
      Edited by Kuramas9tails on October 16, 2017 6:11PM
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • Nestor
        Nestor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Coldharbor does not follow all the rules you think it should....

I am assuming you were grouped?

Did you talk to the Groundskeeper and he did not in the Hollow City?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
        Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Nestor wrote: »
        Coldharbor does not follow all the rules you think it should....

I am assuming you were grouped?

Did you talk to the Groundskeeper and he did not in the Hollow City?

Again, this was my boyfriends and my first time in Coldharbor on our max levels. We didn't talk to anyone nor have either of us done any quests. We were strictly going for Lorebooks and sky shards. I traveled to Coldharbor from a guild member and landed in the main Hollow City and we started from there. After that we couldn't go through the door to the north of the Hollow City so I asked someone from one of my guilds if they could travel to the Orchard Wayshrine and I could travel there but when my boyfriend went to "travel to player", it kept taking him to the closest way shrine to him and not to the one I was at.

Him and I had nothing different between our characters. If he couldn't have traveled to the Waysharine then I shouldn't have been able to. My boyfriend even asked me if I done anything and I went through my logs, achievements, current quests and nothing.

I keep telling my boyfriend he's broken because the Daily Undaunted Quest guy, Bolrug (?), doesn't even show up for him on his main character and he has no active Undaunted quest from him either.
        Edited by Kuramas9tails on October 16, 2017 6:36PM
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • Nestor
          Nestor
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep telling my boyfriend he's broken because the Daily Undaunted Quest guy, Bolrug (?), doesn't even show up for him on his main character and he has no active Undaunted quest from him either.

That is possible. Way back in the day, you could not get up to the North part of Coldharbor until you did Armies of Merdia, even if you could port to someone. I think that was relaxed even before Crafting Surveys, which require you to be able to get up there. But I have seen problems that only one character and not other's have had.

Have him try talking to the Groundskeeper, you don't have to take the tour, but it's like 5 minutes if he does. See if that clears out any weirdness. Plus it unlocks the Bank and some of the shops up there. Wait, the bank might be open early now. Anyway, try the Groundskeeper as that kind of opens up Coldharbor for business.

As for the Bolrug, has he checked the Camp in his Alliance Capital? This should not be an issue, but something to try. Can he grab Undaunted Pledges? Does he gain Undaunted Rank (even if he has not done any group dungeons, there are Achievements you can earn in a Delve that gain rank)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
          Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kuramas9tails
          Kuramas9tails
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Nestor wrote: »

That is possible. Way back in the day, you could not get up to the North part of Coldharbor until you did Armies of Merdia, even if you could port to someone. I think that was relaxed even before Crafting Surveys, which require you to be able to get up there. But I have seen problems that only one character and not other's have had.

Have him try talking to the Groundskeeper, you don't have to take the tour, but it's like 5 minutes if he does. See if that clears out any weirdness. Plus it unlocks the Bank and some of the shops up there. Wait, the bank might be open early now. Anyway, try the Groundskeeper as that kind of opens up Coldharbor for business.

As for the Bolrug, has he checked the Camp in his Alliance Capital? This should not be an issue, but something to try. Can he grab Undaunted Pledges? Does he gain Undaunted Rank (even if he has not done any group dungeons, there are Achievements you can earn in a Delve that gain rank)

He got up there by me going into the closest delve and him porting up that way and it worked. It was a true "WTF" moment for him and I.
            FOR THE QUEEN!
            PS4/NA