The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wardens Vet Dungeons

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
I really want to like wardens but they seem so bad. I don't do trials, just vet dungeons. What's the best build type for a warden to do top damage?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are fine for all base game vet dungeons. I don't think I've ever done a PUG where I wasn't top damage with them (I've had runs where I pull over 70% of team DPS). Bosses in the base game dungeons are very weak and can be burned down with very low DPS.

With that said, they aren't so hot in vet DLC dungeons. You can complete vet DLC dungeons with a magicka warden (since they are mostly about mechanics and not DPS), but they make some fights unnecessarily difficult due to having a slow time-to-kill.

Generic build of Julianos + Necro/Spinner/IA + 1pc Kena or vMA staff is fine.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 16, 2017 1:00AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably better to look at a stamina setup for a warden DPS since magicka is kind of lacking for it right now.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thx. I made a woodelf, determined that a bow/bow build would work, but that's not gonna work right now. I'll try something different. Maybe 2 hander and bow. Already got caltrops and really don't want to visit cyrodiil again.
    Edited by ereboz on October 16, 2017 1:08AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow/bow could work. @Tannus15 has one that works.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a redguard warden, and it does around 41k on the 3mill target dummy.

I can't get that high on my stamDK

I use dual wield and bow. Bear ultimate. Nightmothers gaze and Vicious ophidian with Velidreth and maelstrom bow.

It does a good job. The only problem is the bear can die or just be stupid.
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    I run a Breton MagWarden with a Kena shoulder and two five piece sets of Necropotence and War Maiden and I guess its okay although like what someone else said, its all about the rotation because you constantly have to be weaving and timing your abilities.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I assume due to their healing tree that a Healing Warden does decent in VET dungeons?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Should I assume due to their healing tree that a Healing Warden does decent in VET dungeons?

From personal experience, yes. My healing warden got through vet dungeons and nMoL relatively untested using mainly one bar. That was a destruction staff. I had a resto staff equipped as well but that used for emergencies.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »

Not really, healers and tanks need to be using warhorn, secluded grove is a noob trap if you ask me. If you can't keep your team alive with just regular healing skills, not ultis, you need to work on your healing in general.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 16, 2017 4:03AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow/bow could work. @Tannus15 has one that works.

I basically copied Nos's old bow/bow nightblade build.
    Should work well on a warden in theory, but one bow/bow is enough for me at the moment
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play magicka build. Also a healer
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I have a redguard warden, and it does around 41k on the 3mill target dummy.

I can't get that high on my stamDK

I use dual wield and bow. Bear ultimate. Nightmothers gaze and Vicious ophidian with Velidreth and maelstrom bow.

It does a good job. The only problem is the bear can die or just be stupid.

Stam warden falls into the same problem that stam NB does. They both provide major fracture which inflates target dummy parses.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden Healer designed for 4 man content:

5 master architect
    5 spc
    Master resto (decisive)
    Master/vMA lightning (decisive)

Coming into a boss fight using combat prayer and warhorn my 2 dps will get minor beserk, minor force, major slayer for the duration of thier ult. Combine that with spc they are getting a huge damage boost.
    Plus every 1minute or so after they get the same buffs from popping healing thicket.

That was what I ran for HotR now that healing thicket was nerfed and master lightning was buffed it will be interesting to test in CWC.

Just an idea that I've had loads of fun using.