The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Low fps in Raids bosses. Is my CPU bottlenecking?

Balmoon
Balmoon
Soul Shriven
So I just got a new Laptop , and is performing very bad compared to what I was expecting. (was expecting to hit at least 30 fps in a boss fight if not higher)

Specs:
7th Gen I5 @2500GHz, it can reach 3500, but most of the time sits at 3100-3300
GTX 1060
8GB RAM @2400MHz DDR4
SSD (i know... , it does not affect the fps)
Wifi: 25MBps Down (just in case....)

And I have very low fps in Raids bosses, Last night I did vMOL and i had : 80 FPS in Waiting Room , 25-35FPS in trash , 15-20 FPS in Bosses ; Settings beeing Everything on LOW/OFF (except Texture Med, Subsampling High). Also ran a vHRC with all setting maxed(except water reflection) and had 10-13FPS at Warrior.

I used to play this game on a pretty old computer , and i had slightly worse FPS on lowest settings : 40-50FPS non combat ; 20-25 FPS combat ; 10-15FPS Bosses .

Specs:
2nd Gen i5 @2400GHz, it had turbo boost up to 3000, don't rember it's normal speed guess around 2400
GTX 540
8GB RAM@1333MHz DDR3
HDD
Cable 100MBps Down

Now the question is what is the reason my PC has this terrible FPS, and is something I can do to improve them? On the old laptop , everything was running at high% (cpu, ram, hdd, graphic card), but this is not really the case for this laptop (except the RAM, and maybe the CPU that's running around 45-60%)

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's that low GHZ value most likely. 2500ghz is just slow, 3100 is ok, but if it could go up to 4400 you could be getting 35% more FPS (assuming the CPU is the bottleneck, which it most likely is).

ESO is just very CPU dependant and fast single core performance is what it loves the most.

Another thing I would suggest is keeping tabs on your heat and see if the system is throttling your CPU at any point. That's pretty common for laptops since all the components are packed so tightly inside and the fans are typically tiny little 5cm things.