The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heavy attack build possible?

Runefang
Runefang
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is it possible to do something like:
Molag Kena
Elegance front bar
Undaunted Weaver back bar

Switch to back bar to cast wall of elements to get the enemy off balance and activate the undaunted weaver bonus. Then switch to front bar, LA x2 for Molag Kena proc and then spam HA. Repeat every 8s.

Cast DoTs/buffs/debuffs where appropriate etc.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure it's possible. Sounds kind of cool. Lightning staff I presume.

Kena will make your ultimates cost more though which could hurt your DPS.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a nice, easy 20-25k.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any kind of build is possible, the question is will it be viable for the content you want to complete?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes such builds exist, best done on MagDK for the 40% heavy attack damage boost. You need a Maelstrom lightning staff to get decent lightning heavy attack damage though. This means that dual swords are required to complete undaunted unweaver or undaunted infiltrator on the back bar. Also be sure to add spell damage enchants to your jewelry. The damage won't be the best, but over 20k can be easily achieved, and at full range (not melee like most DK builds).

Note: I'm not sure if elegant set 20% is additive or multiplicative with the molten armaments 40%. If additive then a spell damage set like burning spellweave, Julianos, or netch would be better.

Edit: Also if you end up using a good mix of fire skills and lightning, Ilambris will be better than Kena, and require no action to utilize (2 consecutive light attacks = DPS loss).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 16, 2017 12:49AM
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a Great Build before they nerfed Inferno Staff Heavy attacks by 30%.

It was Magik DK, Elegant, Alchemist, Mola Kena.... used to hit for 20K+heavy attacks, but with reflective scale and that burst I guess I beat too many Magik Sorcs, and you can't have that---- so they nerfed it. Now it's garbage.
    ---

a lightning staff is ok for group PVP, but you won't win many 1 v 1's , the damage is way to slow and predictable so people just heal out of it. -- not to mention those undaunted sets are inferior to Spider Cult, Knight Slayer (for single target DPS) Elegant, and even Sargents if you want to talk about single heavy attack damage
    Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on October 16, 2017 8:53PM
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do a Lightning Heavy build.... my single target dps that I've hit solo is only about 15-17k... but it flipping SHINES when I run with Sorcerer DPSs and group content.

When the snowball picks up, I do 22-25k AOE ticks... I even hit a 27k tick just last night. Isn't it about 2 ticks every second? It's sick nasty.

Only reason my Trials guild allows me as a noob... my sick AOE deeps. haha

I leave you to it to discover your sets and class to do it. Let me just say, though... if I was a Magic Dragonknight... I sure could be pulling much higher numbers I bet. hahaha
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elegance set is not that good because I think the % bonus on that set is broken and only applies to your base damage, but doesn't also buff the damage added by CP or sets like the ones above; that's why few people who run it nowadays. Another problem with it is that it has 2 maximum magicka bonuses and those contribute very little to heavy attack damage, which scales almost exclusively on spell damage. Also it doesn't have a spell critical bonus, so it won't really help in group content where you have the proper buffs (minor & major force). The Unweaver is a medium weight set with robust rings (there's an arcane necklace though) and only has a named frost staff so it's tricky to combo it with a light one. You will lose 2K+ magicka just from the ring traits which will gimp your other magicka skills.

Maelstrom staff back bar, Infallible Mage (aka Infallible Aether) staff front bar with 3 jewels and a body piece, 5 Julianos or another DPS set on the body - Netch's Touch works on sorcerer if you heavy attack with lightning or Spider Cultist since it also buffs staff light and heavy attacks - and 1 Kena or Iceheart head. Besides buffing heavy attacks IM applies minor vulnerability (8% more damage received by target) and also has Minor Slayer as 3p set bonus (5% damage done). You can also get the former if you heavy attack enemies off-balanced (by lightning) but if you are running solo or in small groups there may not be enough blockades to proc enough off-balance.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if a Stam s/b attack build would be viable in pvp...?
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just possible with cheap class abilites i guess.. I tested a similar setup like you wrote with magicka templar and that dont work... kena makes my skills too expensive...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    Wondering if a Stam s/b attack build would be viable in pvp...?

It is viable, especially on Stamina DK and Sorcerer, since they have bonuses to heavy attacks from class skills: molten armaments and bound armaments respectively. The DK would need a source of major brutality though, so you will most likely have to go 2H on the other bar for rally - that also gives some offensive capability. But such builds only work for stamina characters since melee weapon heavy attacks return only stamina, not magicka; also their damage scales on your weapon damage, not spell damage and to a lesser extent maximum stamina, not magicka.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |