Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Plz help with a stamblade dps pve/pve build in human/werewolf form.

energyy151
Hey so I basically wanted a stamblade dps build that can do decent dps at vet dungeons in human form(or werewolf if thats possible) but also be pretty good in pvp in both human and werewolf form on the same build. Would that be possible really?
I heard that shacklebreaker was good for werewolf cuz the magic bonuses help with the werewolf heal while still giving physical bonuses, so I made this build that Im using(maybe [snip] cuz Im still a newb):
5medium:1light:1heavy
5 shacklebreaker
5 night mothers embrace
1 molag kena
2h and bow

Anyone have ideas of sets that would be much better than my build for what Im trying to do? I was thinking how about exchanging night mothers embrace into spriggans or bone pirate?

Basically Im asking for any ideas on werewolf builds for pvp that can also do enough pve dps in either human or werewolf form to not be a hindrance in veteran dungeons?

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 17, 2017 8:14PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a stamblade, which I run in pve and pvp. I can advise on sets, but it’s been a while since I did any werewolf so maybe others will have suggestions there. However, I don’t think werewolf will affect set choices much. Also, a decent resource is alcasthq.com. He usually tests the sets and builds extensively, and notes a couple of set options for his build. It’s a good place to start...he always k owns the current meta.

I don’t personally like Shacklebreaker for your use. Sure the magic helps...but in ESO it’s almost always true that a buff you use ten times a minute is far more useful than one you use once every five minutes. In other words, having a bit better werewolf heal is nice, but having some weapon damage or crit you’re proccing all the time is better.

I’m also not a fan of night mothers embrace. It’s not the worst choice...but you’re giving up a little power (in exchange for stealth). It’s fine formrunning around...in hardcore pvp or trials I’d opt for something better.

So, sets I do like for stamblades...

Kragh: FYI, if you’re wearing one piece of monster, Kragh s outperforms molag kena a bit. It’s not by miles, but it’s a bit stronger so you might look to obtain one of these.

Hundings Rage remains a great all-around power set. Nothing fancy, just raw power. It’s a good base for a stam build because you can build around it with your drop sets...get the jewelry, then whatever other two pieces you find. And no need to grind weapons with the perfect trait, which is a pain.

Briar hearts is a great set. Your stamblade will crit all the time (and there are abilities you can use to force this). It offers a ton of power and a very helpful heal. But don’t try to grind it...so boring. Find a grind that provides valuable motifs or mats, sell these, then buy the jewelry in a guild store. Your choice, but my way will save you like 250 hours of grind, lol.

Spriggans is another top choice. Again, nothing fancy...just power.

Clever alchemist. This offers more power than most, but I personally dislike the potion component. But for pvp and trials a lot of people keep potions up all the time...if you do this, the set can outperform most. Tip: with your current 2h build alchemist becomes a bit more desirable because you can use alchemist on your back bar and another set on your front. You have to remember to pop your potions on the back bar, but if you master this you can essentially get a 5/5/2 setup with a 5/4/2 build (meaning you can add a full monster helm set).

If you decide to go for a 2 piece monster (which you could also do by front barring dual wield, which is doable on a stamblade), I like Velidreth...it performs very well.

Hope that helps. If you have questions, reply using @davey1107 in your post and I’ll see it and respond.
  • energyy151
    @davey1107 thanks alot for the helpfull info :)!
    I made up my mind drop the shacklebreaker and use something that helps me all the time :). So I am pretty new to ESO still and I wanted to get an overall good gear set to use for both pve and pvp before I get the spare gold/farm gear to have seperate builds for pve and pvp.
    Do you think using dual wield 5 hundings and 5 spriggans would be good with 2 monster parts other than velidreth(dont have shadows of the hist, just have the gold edition ESO :/)? Since that wouldnt be too hard to get and Im thinking that using dual wield bar for werewolf would give more damage in werewolf form than 2h, through I kinda prefer the feel of 2h in human form :p. What you prefer 2h 1 monster or dual 2 monster?
    Edited by energyy151 on October 16, 2017 6:38AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good questions.

If using a monster helm set, really any stamina-focused set will work. Velidreth performs best for me, but kraghs is good, Selene’s. Engine guardian can work too if you have resource sustain issues. If you didn’t know, on weekends (8 pm est Friday to Sunday) there’s a golden vendor in Cyrodiil at your base. Each week she offers two monster set items...this can be a way to get helms that you don’t have dlc access for.

5 Hunding and 5 spriggans w monster pieces, either one or two, is considered one of the strongest stam setups in the game right now. That will perform really well for you in pvp or pve. In terms of quality, I’d work that config up to purple then make sure you like the build. If it works, convert the weapons to gold first, these offer the most buffs for gold. Then the monster pieces, then Hundings, then the secondary set. Don’t feel you have to rush grind for gold,gear...it’s a marginal improvement over purple, except weapons, where it does considerably boost damage.

Regarding dw vs 2h, on my stamblades I mix it around depending. I personally usually prefer dw/bow or dw/2h in pve. Not only is the extra piece really nice, the dw skills offer some ideal buffs for blades...the heals are really helpful. I also deviate from the meta a bit and rely on shrouded daggers. The “experts” don’t usually slot this, but I use it to get major brutality and I pull some insane dps with it. It bounces...my main is currently pulling 16k, 18k and 21k damage off one proc. Like 60k for 2200 stamina? Yes, I’ll take that.

But weapons depend on your playstyle and which abilities you prefer. 2h/bow also offers some great configs. This is another reason I like Hundings and having crafted weapons...I always carry 2h, dw and bow weapons and mix around my bars. You should definitely work up all three lines and the best abilities from them.
  • energyy151
    @davey1107 thanks again, I hope you dont mind aswering 1 more question :D?
    So I just got 5x hundings and 5x spriggans all purple except blue for the spriggans jewelery for now. Was thinking should I do so I always have the 5x hundings buff or always have 5x spriggans, a guildmate always keeps 5x spriggans and only 4x hundings on bow bar so I did that but Im thinking would it be better to always keep 5x hundings and rather have 4x spriggans on bow?
    I got kragh helm and molag kena shoulder for now untill I get lucky with a kragh shoulder from chest. But I checked the engine guardian and yeh sometimes I do get some problems with sustain so I might try that too.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’re probably good with either set active on the bow bar. I’m sure someone has nerd-tested the math on those sets, but I’m going to guess the damage increase is within 0.5% of one another...they’re pretty similar buffs. Most guides use Hunding weapons, so that’s what you lose when you flip to bow. But I don’t think it matters.