The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yokeda Kai splash damage

TheNightflame
TheNightflame
✭✭✭✭✭
Would reverse slice work similarly to the Lightning staff heavy attack?

I'm not sure which would work better, possibly reverse slice due to the execute scaling, but if anyone has tried this out and has feedback on the merits of either method, that'd be awesome to hear

Best Answers

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works the same way. However, you have to use a 2H for it. Most stamina builds use Bow and Dual Wield.
    Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impulses can get dangerous, especially when paired with the meteors back-to-back. I try to stay far away from the boss and adds during that fight. Lightning works wonderfully if the tank can get them clustered before the adds die.

I have not tried to get in close with a 2hander, but I imagine you would need a good healer, and defensive buffs like blade cloak (mandatory dual wield on the other bar, so no bow) and something with major Ward (frost cloak, hurricane, etc.). You could try to time it so you are standing in a veil of blades (major protection), if you are with a nightblade, and a nova (major maim), if you are with a templar, on the boss would help before charging in.

Good luck, and let me know how it works out
    Answer ✓
  • Larsay
    Larsay
    ✭✭✭
    The impulses can get dangerous, especially when paired with the meteors back-to-back. I try to stay far away from the boss and adds during that fight. Lightning works wonderfully if the tank can get them clustered before the adds die.

I have not tried to get in close with a 2hander, but I imagine you would need a good healer, and defensive buffs like blade cloak (mandatory dual wield on the other bar, so no bow) and something with major Ward (frost cloak, hurricane, etc.). You could try to time it so you are standing in a veil of blades (major protection), if you are with a nightblade, and a nova (major maim), if you are with a templar, on the boss would help before charging in.

Good luck, and let me know how it works out

As expressed here, I would not chance it personally. Most people who get in melee range unless a ninja to constantly dodge out of their impulse end up face down in the dirt.

I will also point out that the constant movement in and out in and out to avoid this some what defeats the purpose unless all you are seeking is a clear. This constant movement will ultimately slow your DPS down, likely making what you hoped would net a faster kill actually take more time.

Lighting Heavy has the luxury of not having any of this needless movement and bottom-line is safer.
    Guild Leader of CtrlAltElite
    Heidi Oakheart - Nord - Dragon Knight - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Drinda Ebonheart - Imperial - Nightblade - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Larsay Faithhealer - Breton - Templar - Trial Healer - Stormproof
    Ingrid Winterborn - Redguard - Dragon Knight - Stamina DPS -Stormproof
    Elina Hailstorm - Bosmer - Sorcerer - Stamina DPS - Stormproof
    Gwen Stormarrow - Breton - Sorcerer - Magicka DPS - Stormproof
    Regina Lightbringer - Redguard - Templar - Stamina DPS - Stormproof

Notable Clears vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL, vAS
    Answer ✓
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far we've only done it the lightning staff method (and I'll be on heals cuz my only DD is stam :p), but I'll try it out on him and see how it goes. I'm a stamplar so will probably follow what you said and end up using both blade cloak and rune focus. If i spend too much time dead then I think lightning is the winner ye^