Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Ancestor Silk: Where to buy of actually farm?

Jigger_allard
Jigger_allard
✭✭✭
Okay, so I reached level 160 with my Breton Magicka SORC and need to craft or have someone craft me some Julianos armor. The problem is that I need more than 800 Ancestor Silk. I personally only have eight. So, I need to either farm the shite or buy it. I see to problems with that: (1) I couldn't find shite in Hew's Bane and (2) I don't have a damn clue how to buy it at a guild store. I would like to go into a guild store and type in Ancestor Silk in the search option and have it come up. However, that doesn't work for shite. Also, I don't mind spending an hour or two farming, but I hate it when I have to stop and fight every fifteen steps. It gets very, very old and extremely discouraging, "for me!" I am all about keeping clean and freaking simple.
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you're on PC or Console, but at least with console, I'm able to find it under Crafting > Clothing.
    Below that, you can narrow it down further with the "Materials" or "Raw Materials" option.(Depending on if you want refined Ancestor Silk, or unrefined).

Just double check and make sure you don't have any extra parameters (usually happens if you've searched something else since you've logged in). I believe both raw and refined Ancestor Silk is white quality, and I'm not sure if it would count under the level parameters, since the item itself doesn't have a level.

It will be mixed in with lower-level mats, but you should be able to find them.

For farming, you can probably check the other starter zones as well--especially if you can play during the (relatively) dead hours.I haven't really tried doing long-term material farming, though, so I don't have any real tips to give, though.
    Edited by DiteHart on October 15, 2017 7:38PM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭
    DiteHart wrote: »
    Not sure if you're on PC or Console, but at least with console, I'm able to find it under Crafting > Clothing.
    Below that, you can narrow it down further with the "Materials" or "Raw Materials" option.(Depending on if you want refined Ancestor Silk, or unrefined).

Just double check and make sure you don't have any extra parameters (usually happens if you've searched something else since you've logged in). I believe both raw and refined Ancestor Silk is white quality, and I'm not sure if it would count under the level parameters, since the item itself doesn't have a level.

It will be mixed in with lower-level mats, but you should be able to find them.

For farming, you can probably check the other starter zones as well--especially if you can play during the (relatively) dead hours.I haven't really tried doing long-term material farming, though, so I don't have any real tips to give, though.

Thanks. I ended up wasting gold buying the shite.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You would have spent a lot more than an hour or two to farm enough raw mats for 800 refined silk.....
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @***_allard Don't send me anymore silk. You already sent enough as you only need 4 pieces of Julianos armor. The rest of your armor will be Necro and your monster set so I don't need silk for those.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the future, Bal Foyen is a very good zone to farm as the crafting nodes are dense and most of the area can be farmed without ever having to get into combat. The area inside Fort Zeren has no combat and a good amount of nodes.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is a good place to farm any type of mats due to the chance to drop nirncrux. Don't just farm silk. Farm everything you come across and sell what you don't need to buy what you do. If you're not in a trading guild get in one asap.