The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Stuck on character loading screen: simple solution

Ariksson
Ariksson
Soul Shriven
I have had trouble lately logging in to the game server. After entering name and password information it could take anywhere from 2 -30 minutes to get to the character screen. i tried reinstalling the game client, disabling Adobe’s Flash, changing character shading preferences, reloading network preferences, disabling add-ons and lowering video settings before logging off.

Nothing worked reliably.

My mistake it turns out was putting the game client in the backround while the character screen was loading. I would usually bring up my browser and surf while waiting. This apparently slowed down the client enough to cause trouble and stall the loadout. By keeping the client as the foreground application I now have 2 minute or less load times reliably.

This might not be everyone’s solution, but it worked for me and I wanted to share it.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    That is totally bizarre. I came on to the forum because i thought it was problem with HighSierra. I've had the client sat for an hour (i kid you not) and nothing so then i read your post and tried it and 5 mins and I'm in playing the game. So yes I'll say that works.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yea, if you do anything to move ESO to the "background" it slows to a crawl. I have alt tabbed to another application before and almost every time I come back to the game, it is still in a loading screen. Its almost like having a Bi-Polar Co-Dependent Lover, "Wait for me while I ignore you, but if you pay attention to anything else, I will throw a fit"

There might be a way to set a Priority, but I have not poked around in the Properties of the EXE to see.

Me, I log to the game, then go to the kitchen and fix a beverage or a snack. The game does not seem to mind me getting sustenance.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"