CROPSFORD and VLAS make no sense!

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
how/why are they spawn when connections are not needed?
MAKES NO SENSE.
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y U NO TALK OF BURMA MAKES NO SENSE
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pickle weasel

(Just thought I'd add something equally intelligent to the discussion)
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Embrace the mystery.
    Options
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahahah
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make perfect sense, in context.

They were added to enhance PVP, and what a tremendous addition too. Second only to removing doors on towers. Now stop complaining, get back in there, lag, gap close into a load screen

You...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3vzhoZe1dM
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruma needs to be moved further West and Cropsford needs to be moved further North. Currently it is a huge disadvantage for Dominion to have two towns so close to home keeps.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Bruma needs to be moved further West and Cropsford needs to be moved further North. Currently it is a huge disadvantage for Dominion to have two towns so close to home keeps.

Hmm. Looking at the map of Cyrodiil, the three towns that can function as a spawn point are Bruma, Cropsford, and Vlastarus.

Yeah, that's a fair point. The towns of the north side of the map that needed to have flags are Chorrol and Cheydinhal, not Bruma, in order to better mirror the south side of the map.

I see what they were trying to do, putting one town in between each faction, but if so they needed to move Cropsford and Vlastarus north so that they were between Nikel and Brindle, Sejanus and Drakelowe to better mirror the excellent placement of Bruma between Bleakers and Dragonclaw. But I suspect we are stuck with the placement because they don't want to shift the map too much from TESIV: Oblivion.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw the poor underpopulated underdog AD. :D
    Options
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare you? Cropsford is my house and I protect it with my life
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw the poor underpopulated underdog AD. :D

It has been many times in the past. So have the other factions.

AD should have 2 enemy spawn points firmly set within their territory line formed from the Emp Keeps and DC and EP should have none within their territory?

This is just about proper map drawing, not about who is currently overpopulated in whatever platform you happen to be playing on.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cropsford is technically EP as it is key to Drakelowe keep.
    Just as Vlastarus is AD key to Castle Brindle.
    Bruma is DC key to Fort Dragonclaw.

For some silly reason AD thinks Drakelowe is theirs. lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 15, 2017 2:52PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet it is used just as much as a transit to Black Boot for EP. Never used as a transit for EP's scroll keep.

Same for Vlast. It may be the key for Brindle but it is used just as often as a transit for Roe and Bloodmayne. EP and DC don't have this problem with their scroll keeps.

The map is undeniably unbalanced in regards to these towns.
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Since Drakelowe is EP like you said then Cropsford should be North of it, not south of it. You just proved my whole point.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on October 15, 2017 3:09PM
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed that crap placement a while back too and agree that it should be fixed
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

And yet it is used just as much as a transit to Black Boot for EP. Never used as a transit for EP's scroll keep.

Same for Vlast. It may be the key for Brindle but it is used just as often as a transit for Roe and Bloodmayne. EP and DC don't have this problem with their scroll keeps.

DC uses Bruma to hit Kings all the time. You can use Bruma to go after Warden but the terrain makes it a rough ride.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since Drakelowe is EP like you said then Cropsford should be North of it, not south of it. You just proved my whole point.

The 3 bridges separate AD main territory from the fringes of EP.
    If anything the towns are all border towns.
    Cropsford EP/AD
    Vlasrarus AD/DC
    Bruma DC/EP

Edited by TequilaFire on October 15, 2017 3:26PM
    Options
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    The towns are a nice addition however, as an AD player they cause more hassles then they are worth. Constant pushing southward from these towns has AD always on the back foot in equal population campaigns. Newer players with slow mount will not bother flipping towns as it has no real reward 1.5k ap for 3 flags as a solo player is not worth the effort.
    Cropsford Mayor
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how/why are they spawn when connections are not needed?
    MAKES NO SENSE.

You have to die and blood port, no connection needed.
    Just like blood spawning at a keep your faction owns which is cut off.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 15, 2017 3:28PM
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The 3 bridges separate AD main territory from the fringes.
    If anything the towns are all border towns.
    Cropsford EP/AD
    Vlasrarus AD/DC
    Bruma DC/EP

Each alliance has a 'fringe' keep.

Since AD has Brindle, we have Vlas which is situated BETWEEN their fringe keep and home keeps.

DC has no village between dragonclaw and their home keeps.

EP has no village between Drake and their home keeps.

This is unbalanced. Move crops between Drake and Arrius and move Bruma between Glade and Dragonclaw.

As far as the ONE side where AD has bridges, there are 3 different crossings all with perfect path to the AD castles. This is just as much of a defense as the terrain up north that causes DC and EP to have to avoid mountains.

[Edited for typos because I can't type]
    Edited by Apache_Kid on October 15, 2017 3:32PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But with out the bridges where would AD fight? :p
    It is what is is so defend your towns.
    EP rarely pushes Vlas as it is too far away so most of the time it is DC.
    But we all have to face 2 other alliances don't we? /cough
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 15, 2017 3:38PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »

DC uses Bruma to hit Kings all the time. You can use Bruma to go after Warden but the terrain makes it a rough ride.

Balanced placement of a town on border between two factions:

ABW4ouf.png

Not so balanced placement clearly on one side of the border:

OI6LWHj.png

WMnxtd1.png

DC may use Bruma to hit Kings, but would it be cool with you if it was another 1000m in your territory?
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As an AD player Bruma makes zero sense to me
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruma is really well-placed between Bleakers and DC's Fort Dragonclaw, and so EP and DC are often fighting for control of Bruma during primetime in PC/NA Vivec.

You'd get similar fights if Cropsford were moved between Sejanus and EP's Drakelowe Keep, and Vlastartus was moved between Nikel and AD's Castle Brindle.

As it is, I'm an EP player, but just looking at the map, I can tell that the placement of those towns owes more to TES VI: Oblivion than it does to properly balancing the map between the factions.
    Options