The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Xbox]Pretty much impossible to play using assassins will in PVP

Krayzie
Krayzie
✭✭✭✭✭
You're lucky to get 3~ light attacks that actually GO OFF
I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag for the last month or so is making my assasins will take about 2 to 3 seconds to fire. Its so annoying
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My light attacks connect about half the time if that on Xbox NA while in Cyrodiil. I haven't procc'd an Assassins Will in weeks.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they could just take a quarter or two to catch up on performance issues and re-establish good customer service relations this game may just not completely die out.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns you have a hard time?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have so many issues with this move. Between light attacks buggy animations and just plain never working I just don't even use it.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No issues here.

The rhythm to weaving with funnel is different than every other weave in the game though.

@thankyourat called it, I have delayed will shots and some that disappear but I can proc it ez
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 17, 2017 10:43PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    No issues here.

The rhythm to weaving with funnel is different than every other weave in the game though.

Yes I'm not having a problem procing it either... Even if you can see your light attacks they still register. Is you assasins will delay longer than the cast time? I press the button to fire it and my character stands there and fires the bow for like 2 seconds. The lag has made spectral bow for me at times feel like crystal blast lol. It may just be my internet connection
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya even if I proc it I'm holding the bow for like 5 seconds before it goes off
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the same for ps4 na i tried to gank someone in stealth the other day and opened with snipe medium attack ambush when i pressed snipe all my character did was hold the bow in the firing animation above his head where it had a long delay then the person i was attacking knew i was there when my snipe finally fired i had no time to even weave in any other attacks even if i was to use assassins will it wouldn't of worked before the sorcerer got his shields up at that point i just cloaked away It's all about timing especially when trying to gank a shield stacking sorcerer if they get there shields up it's not really a gank no more then It's a long drawn out process of killing them it requires more effort then what i care to do the lag is so horrible i try to use incap sometimes and it doesn't even go off it's very annoying i had to take a break the other day cause i got so pissed this happened and i ended up dying fix your servers zos damn
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 21, 2017 1:40AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    This is the same for ps4 na i tried to gank someone in stealth the other day and opened with snipe medium attack ambush when i pressed snipe all my character did was hold the bow in the firing animation above his head where it had a long delay then the person i was attacking knew i was there when my snipe finally fired i had no time to even weave in any other attacks before the sorcerer got his shields up at that point i just cloaked away It's all about timing especially when trying to gank a shield stacking sorcerer if they get there shields up it's not really a gank no more then It's a long drawn out process of killing them it requires more effort then what i care to do the lag is so horrible i try to use incap sometimes and it doesn't even go off it's very annoying i had to take a break the other day cause i got so pissed this happened and i ended up dying fix your servers zos damn

Not only did it mess up your gank; it completely killed your punctuation!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the same for ps4 na i tried to gank someone in stealth the other day and opened with snipe medium attack ambush when i pressed snipe all my character did was hold the bow in the firing animation above his head where it had a long delay then the person i was attacking knew i was there when my snipe finally fired i had no time to even weave in any other attacks before the sorcerer got his shields up at that point i just cloaked away It's all about timing especially when trying to gank a shield stacking sorcerer if they get there shields up it's not really a gank no more then It's a long drawn out process of killing them it requires more effort then what i care to do the lag is so horrible i try to use incap sometimes and it doesn't even go off it's very annoying i had to take a break the other day cause i got so pissed this happened and i ended up dying fix your servers zos damn

Haha funny not what made you think you needed to let me know this and what makes you think igaf if you don't want to read it don't read it either way i still dgaf :smile:
    Edited by Jake1576 on October 21, 2017 1:12AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha funny not what made you think you needed to let me know this and what makes you think igaf if you don't want to read it don't read it either way i still dgaf :smile:

Oh I didn't post that for you, I posted for the other thousands that'll read both :)

You'll be hard pressed to find sympathy over a player having difficulty ganking someone.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Vivec near keeps it's sort of buggy firing the bow, but I've yet to have an issue actually proccing it. Like @Lexxypwns mentioned funnel weave is sort of weird to get used to, it's felt "stuttery" since Thieves Guild patch (I think?), so that could be affecting some players who are having issues getting light attacks off. Still, I can't imagine ever taking it off my bar.

Oh I didn't post that for you, I posted for the other thousands that'll read both :)

You'll be hard pressed to find sympathy over a player having difficulty ganking someone.

Didn't you hear @Waffennacht this is now a nerf sorc thread :D .
    Edited by Stoopid_Nwah on October 21, 2017 2:04AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No issues here.

Yes I'm not having a problem procing it either... Even if you can see your light attacks they still register. Is you assasins will delay longer than the cast time? I press the button to fire it and my character stands there and fires the bow for like 2 seconds. The lag has made spectral bow for me at times feel like crystal blast lol. It may just be my internet connection
    In Vivec near keeps it's sort of buggy firing the bow, but I've yet to have an issue actually proccing it. Like @Lexxypwns mentioned funnel weave is sort of weird to get used to, it's felt "stuttery" since Thieves Guild patch (I think?), so that could be affecting some players who are having issues getting light attacks off. Still, I can't imagine ever taking it off my bar.

It's ok guys, if my bow won't fire I'll just go play my not at all ridiculously op stamden ;)
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    No issues here.

It's ok guys, if my bow won't fire I'll just go play my not at all ridiculously op stamden ;)
    As op as it is, we all know you'd be itching to get back to magnb lol.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may be lag for me but, i get into situations where my bow procs and when i go to shot i just recast merciless. So i have to start all over again plus waste magicka. And some times the picture for assassin's will is still showing. This is by far the most glitchy skill i have ever seen. If they cant get it to work right because of lag they need to make it where you dont have to cast merciless in the first place.
    Edited by WacArnold on October 21, 2017 11:08PM
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not only a weaving problem lol it's light attacks have like a 75% chance of not going off period, weaving or not
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

It's not only a weaving problem lol it's light attacks have like a 75% chance of not going off period, weaving or not
    I can't say I've experienced this in pvp unless I'm in an emp keep with 30+ of each faction inside, but at that point my character can't even run/swap bars let alone light attack lol. Another thing to keep in mind with console/controller is the input lag itself; when I light attack in pvp I don't tend to notice any issues but when I'm in pve dpsing, I do hit RT twice rapidly in succession before skills to ensure they fire.

As a side note, my shieldbreaker stamnb hasn't had any problems with light attacks in pvp :trollface: so could be more related to staves as I have seen my inferno staff shoot fireballs a few meters to the right of opponents (no dodge, no miss, just a fireball flying out into space :lol:) Have you had issues with light attacks on dw as well?