Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Ping Help

MidknightWolf
MidknightWolf
✭✭✭✭
I live in NY and was wondering if there is a way I can bring my ping down from 120? I have very fast internet and I am wired into the router.

Is 110-120 average for all of you?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a valid question, though you might get a better answer by posting in the PC/Mac technical help forums ...

I think 120 is fine, but I know players like you like to nail this stuff down to focus on gameplay ...
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other North Americans I know have about that, yes. I'm not sure there's much else you can do to bring it down, but I don't have very strong technical knowledge.

You will do absolutely fine on 120 ping though. My ping is an average of 250 and I don't have much trouble completing content, it feels normal to me.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    You're actually doing very well with a ping of 120. I live in the Midwest, also with very fast internet, and my ping is similar to yours.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in northern New England, and 120 ping is pretty average, and as long as both the connection and the server behavior are stable, it's just fine.

Ping only helps with your round-trip data path between your computer and the server. Lag spikes don't happen just because ping times get long. A server-side lag will ruin your day even if you had double- or even single-digit ping times. And ping times that won't settle on any stable average seem to wreak havoc with FPS, too, and then FPS swings sometimes are symptoms that show up when there are problems with control sync... There's a lot of messy stuff going on in the "back end" of the game that we just have to deal with. Allegedly, much may be sorted out with the Clockwork City upgrade and patch.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    God I wish I could have that ping.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50