The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it possible NOT to accept mounts/pets from crown crates?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I have very little interest in the extra rare super special mounts or pets from crown crates people typically want so much.
Is there any way not to accept these when you get them, and turn them into the gems instead? I couldn't see a way to do that, but maybe I missed something.
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I know of. You must take the first of each mount you get, after that any duplicates are automatically converted to gems.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to refuse or change what you get from crown crates. The only exception is if you get something you already have unlocked in your collections - then it's automatically changed into gems. But again you can't control that, it's automatic.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty stupid then :(
    I mean you can convert other stuff you get from the crates into the gems, but NOT the mounts and pets. That makes no sense.
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    That's pretty stupid then :(
    I mean you can convert other stuff you get from the crates into the gems, but NOT the mounts and pets. That makes no sense.

Also the amount of gems you get back from converting unwanted items to gems is super low compared to their cost. Did GameStop design the crate system?
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of the crates is that it's a gamble. It's like a lucky dip or those capsules you can buy from vending machines with random toys inside. You pay your money, you get your prize. If it's not the one you want you try again.

Yes that system is heavily biased in favour of the person selling the boxes. That's the whole idea. They make far more money by selling people a chance at the item/s they want than they would through a direct sale. Look how many refused to buy the 4,000 crown elk (even though it was cheaper than the white version), but I bet a lot of people have spent far more than that trying for a specific crown crate mount.

If they let you swap any drop for any other drop (or even just ones in the same tier) or gave you the full value in crown gems when you trade them in then they'd be basically making the crates an overly complicated direct sale system and would lose money.

It sucks, especially if you want items inside the crates but basically your options come down to buy a crate and accept whatever you'll get or don't buy them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we could at least delete/refuse mounts and pets we dont want and wont ever use.

My collection is full of stuff I never wanted because of these crown crates, and it's making it hard to navigate the menu when looking for the stuff I actually use
    *Special Snowflake*

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if I didn't get TONS of gems for mounts I don't want. But not being able to reject them is simply wrong.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the major reasons I won't buy the clown crates. I don't want items I didn't like/didn't want/didn't buy when they were first offered cluttering up my collections.

If you are one of the people who do buy crown crates, getting rid of the stuff you didn't want in the first place would be a bad idea. If you don't have the hat/costume/pet/whatever isn't a consumable in your collection already, it is instantly bound to your account, and you get nothing for it. If you do already have the hat/costume/pet/whatever isn't a consumable in your collection, you get gems for a duplicate. So deleting the stuff you don't want would only let you get it again, with no recompense of gems for the duplication. You'd be wasting crowns getting the repeats of items you deleted.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we're all talking about getting gems for stuff we don't want rather than deleting.
    Edited by Octopuss on October 16, 2017 2:53PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to refuse costumes, mounts, etc! I have about 15 costumes I won't wear because I don't like them, but they are now stuck in my collection forever. I already have a lot of costumes so it's just making my scroll time longer.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 17, 2017 2:23PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or at least give us the option to hide certain ones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Yes - either give us an option to hide collection items we don't want, or at least let us "favorite" ones we use the most. It is getting ridiculous how many junk items I have to scroll through on my costume menu before getting to the ones I actually use.

Obviously a console user here...don't know how the menu and picking collection items works on PC.
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Would prefer to refuse unwanted mounts and costumes, converting them into gems.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't tend to buy crown crates, but for the free ones - free. What the heck.

So I do try to incorporate even "unwanted" items into my various character's situations.

As a recent example (I'll try to make it short....um don't hold your breath).

Got some free Dwemer crates for that event. Opened one when I was playing around with an Altmer NB I rolled up. Vos Direnni; used to be ... well basically a high-falutin-clerk, arrogant Altmer type. Stunned when he was betrayed by Altmer, murdered by Mannimarco. Befriended a Khajiit (A Khajiit?!?), wandering in Morrowind fed and acquired a pet Vvardvark (Flower), and then found himself talked into paying waay too much for a "super special Guar" (the white one, that was my fancy item from the first Box). Later that night, His new Khajiit friend helped him arrange an appropriate refund, along with fees for mental distress at being played.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis