The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has Kuta drop rate PCNA changed?

kyle.wilson
kyle.wilson
✭✭✭✭✭
Did ZOS nerf the drop rate of Kuta in the last few patches?
I've noticed since I came back that I haven't been finding near the amount I used to.
So far I've leveled a alt up to lvl 44, and I've yet to find 1. I don't miss a chance to loot the nodes when I see one. It's been hundreds without 1 Kuta popping up.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change ... you're just encountering some bad luck.

There are better ways of getting kutas than farming nodes ... such as doing enchanting crafting writs
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the exact opposite experience, i seem to be getting a lot of Kuta as of late ...
    smile.gif

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems better the last week or so, but it was BAD before that. ZOS definitely plays around with drop rate numbers IMO. Worse than ever are the extraction rates of gold crafting tempers from refining materials.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have near or a bit more than 400 Kuta. I think most of them came from Hirelings.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I have the exact opposite experience, i seem to be getting a lot of Kuta as of late ...
    smile.gif

For me as well, since Horns of the reach dropped, I have been pulling them off nodes like crazy. Before horns I was having bad luck from nodes. It's all the vicious cycle of RNG. Of course Taleof2Cities is absolutely correct, the best way to get Kuta's is from Enchanter Writs.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usually i pick up 2 Kutas every day

Havnt seen one in weeks now. :(
    PC
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    RNG baby! I'll have days where I pick up 5 kuta from just randomly grabbing a few runes.

Then I'll spend 3 hours farming mats, picking up 100s of runes and I'll get no kuta at all.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smile.gif

@SirAndy has our Kutas, get him boys!

6f8f6ef5a93421b88c642cb16964d2e5.gif

Edit: Oops forgot on topic, I have not noticed anything but I concur with whomever said writs are a good source.
    Edited by Rouven on October 17, 2017 3:58PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any difference in the rate I pick them up while farming in different zones over the last month. I seem to pick them up pretty regularly because I loot every enchanting node I see and the farming routes I use take me by many of them.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smile.gif

I don't want to risk angering the RNG gods, but I am too.

I even pulled 5 out of a heavy bag recently :)
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing a low rate....get one now and then though.
    I know nutting....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed since I came back that I haven't been finding near the amount I used to.
    So far I've leveled a alt up to lvl 44, and I've yet to find 1. I don't miss a chance to loot the nodes when I see one. It's been hundreds without 1 Kuta popping up.

I came into the thread expecting to agree with you when you asserted that the Kuta drop rate seems to have increased.

So, I guess we are both wrong. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I find as much Kuta as normal, about one every two nights, my problem is finding nerncrux, cripes, I usually find 3 nerncrux a night, recently though its been every 3rd night I find one, WTH? :|
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA