The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Caltrops/animation invisible

del9
del9
✭✭✭✭
I've noticed since around HoTR update that Caltrops has not been animating or showing its spikes, yet my UI tells me it's been applied and I see damage readout from it. I also am missing the cooldown and can get my next ability out instantly.
I thought at first it was lag-induced, but It happens without any lag issues, and I am not missing the ability in my rotation either. I first noticed it on dummies and now in instances as well. It throws off the timing of my rotation, pls fix. Anyone noticing this?
PCNA

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the update some skills animations were reduced to remove lag/fps issues or the fact that you cant see too many things in case of big group

Caltrop is one of them
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new update, you should see your caltrops get placed and then fade out. They should do the whole animation of flying up and then bursting out to cover the ground, but once they are on the ground they don't really remain visible for long. Its one of ZOS' attempts to lessen the lag.

If you aren't getting the firing animation, that is unusual.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    At the update some skills animations were reduced to remove lag/fps issues or the fact that you cant see too many things in case of big group

Caltrop is one of them
    With the new update, you should see your caltrops get placed and then fade out. They should do the whole animation of flying up and then bursting out to cover the ground, but once they are on the ground they don't really remain visible for long. Its one of ZOS' attempts to lessen the lag.

If you aren't getting the firing animation, that is unusual.

Not with your own abilities. Only other people's.

So OP isn't experiencing this at all, its probably just lag.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade