The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please keep Achievement Furnishings Only Available Via Achievements!

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
This weekend the Luxury Furnisher has two items which have models identical to two Wrothgar achievement items and a third that is questionable. As my title says, please keep the Achievement furnishings via only from Achievement vendors after completing the necessary achievements. Putting them on the Luxury vendor lessens the achievement of qualifying for them in the first place.

7aP30fh.png

LkdNd1y.png

This one is basically just the top half of the totem available from the Achievement vendor:

OGz5O5e.png?1

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please pass this on to the team responsible for the Luxury vendor stock. Thanks!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone has that DLC, for people without orsinium they can spend the gold to get some orsinium acheevs furniture. If you have it, it's only 7 days til a new set of shinies.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, very disappointed to find these on the luxury furnisher this week.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
    Options
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks, but the only reason why those totems are more expensive than the achievement ones is because they are not bound on pickup.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shaming. Disappointing week. What the hell Zos!? You´re becoming so lazy, reaching the point of misstreating your players, your customers.
    Options
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now, imagine fishing vessal suddenly becomes available in luxury furnisher or in crown store..
    Options
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    now, imagine fishing vessal suddenly becomes available in luxury furnisher or in crown store..

I’m afraid it will. In a very similar design. Most certainly. We all know Zenimax by now.

It’s really a shame. And I’m not even close to being a master angler myself.
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stocking up popcorn for the day the tiger will be in crowncrates xD
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly what bothers me about it is not even that its achievement stuff, but the fact that its a week without essentially new stuff. it feels like instead of bringing back original luxury furnishings and restarting the cycle, they are padding the vendor. and it basically becomes pointless, becasue why pay extra for something that is not even unique?

and not having a DLC is an excuse at best, you can get DLC or at least DLC acess at will - luxury vendor is something that comes once a week and has new stock each time, so aside from this weekend and the daedric one - this was pretty much the only opportunity to get those particular furnishings.

this sets a very annoying precedent. if they are out of ideas, I would honestly they rather started with encore weeks for the earliest furnishings, rather then put achievement stuff on there.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »

I would be unbelievably pissed at that. Anyone who earned it, like I did, knows what an incredible time sync that is. What a slap in the face that would be. I don't care if they put it for sale at 5million, I'd be pissed.
    Options
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    honestly what bothers me about it is not even that its achievement stuff, but the fact that its a week without essentially new stuff. it feels like instead of bringing back original luxury furnishings and restarting the cycle, they are padding the vendor. and it basically becomes pointless, becasue why pay extra for something that is not even unique?

and not having a DLC is an excuse at best, you can get DLC or at least DLC acess at will - luxury vendor is something that comes once a week and has new stock each time, so aside from this weekend and the daedric one - this was pretty much the only opportunity to get those particular furnishings.

this sets a very annoying precedent. if they are out of ideas, I would honestly they rather started with encore weeks for the earliest furnishings, rather then put achievement stuff on there.

This has been going on for a while now. The first couple months of releases were pretty cool. But then they started getting lazy. With so many things in game I wish they would choose those things we can not get any other way. Ie there is a tapestry in skyreach with 4 characters and a huge serpent, but nope we get the craglorn chair instead.
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    not everyone has that DLC, for people without orsinium they can spend the gold to get some orsinium acheevs furniture. If you have it, it's only 7 days til a new set of shinies.

And if you did all the quests in Wrothgar to get those achievements, someone paying 60k for the same exact itmes (albeit one totem broken into two) is really insulting.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 15, 2017 2:59PM
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

This has been going on for a while now. The first couple months of releases were pretty cool. But then they started getting lazy. With so many things in game I wish they would choose those things we can not get any other way. Ie there is a tapestry in skyreach with 4 characters and a huge serpent, but nope we get the craglorn chair instead.

well, craglorn chair at least cannot be acquired in any other way. tapestry? can. its challenging and unless you are very VERY good at this game, you will need help with group quests, but... I have now unlocked ability to buy it on 2 different characters. so no, i don't think tapestry should be on a luxury vendor, heck its not even DLC item, craglorn is part of the base game.

the problem starts when items are identical or near identical to achievement items. I actualy really REALLY loved the first week of orcimer decorations. the tents were good, the statues were AWESOME. and it was unique. I even didn't mind when they put those broken ultra bright daedric lanterns on a vendor, since regular lantern has a much more subdued light and the whole point of it putting them on a vendor was to give people who liked the broken version - a chance to get it.

but this weekend? is completely unacceptable. IMO.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agree with this. If we aren't getting something new, at least recycle previous weeks. I bet there are new players here since the Luxury Vendor first opened who would love a chance at the wedding items or the fishing gear.
    Ie there is a tapestry in skyreach with 4 characters and a huge serpent, but nope we get the craglorn chair instead.

well, craglorn chair at least cannot be acquired in any other way. tapestry? can. its challenging and unless you are very VERY good at this game, you will need help with group quests, but... I have now unlocked ability to buy it on 2 different characters. so no, i don't think tapestry should be on a luxury vendor, heck its not even DLC item, craglorn is part of the base game.

@Stopnaggin ^This. The item you're thinking of is the Craglorn Tapestry which is in the Craglorn Achievement vendor. He's in the woodworking building IIRC.

And it is indeed an awesome tapestry. B) I made sure it was the very first furniture item I ever bought and placed.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the problem starts when items are identical or near identical to achievement items. I actualy really REALLY loved the first week of orcimer decorations. the tents were good, the statues were AWESOME. and it was unique. I even didn't mind when they put those broken ultra bright daedric lanterns on a vendor, since regular lantern has a much more subdued light and the whole point of it putting them on a vendor was to give people who liked the broken version - a chance to get it.

Didnt bother with the tent, and that head was ugly, but like I said give me something different. The panorama was awesome, the one statue was awesome. And I already had that chair, can't remember from where though.

I think the items from the first 2 months were a lot more creative. The sigils and stands, torture devices and such. I guess everybody has their style though. Its just become lack luster for a while to me anyway. Flowers and items like that to me anyway are not a luxury.

I have never seen the tapestry available anywhere, so either I have overlooked it or its a recipe I haven't seen.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on October 16, 2017 2:27PM
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didnt bother with the tent, and that head was ugly, but like I said give me something different. The panorama was awesome, the one statue was awesome. And I already had that chair, can't remember from where though.

I think the items from the first 2 months were a lot more creative. The sigils and stands, torture devices and such. I guess everybody has their style though. Its just become lack luster for a while to me anyway. Flowers and items like that to me anyway are not a luxury.

you had that chair from the first time craglorn items were on lux vendor. back then they screwed up the scheduling of the rewards, so craglorn rewards overlapped with sigils and then we had 2 weeks of nothing. back then ZoS said that they are going to bring back craglorn rewards again in september to make up for scheduling snafu. and so they did. and that is why you already have that chair. that was from the first two months you find more creative. and that had flowers by the by in its first 2 weeks. orange and blue glowing, as well as the entire wall of flowers.

I didn't get the head either. I got some panoramas, a fighting statue and a few tents because I already had some plans around extra tents, and that gave me an opportunity to get an interesting shaped ones rather then canopy versions or very expensive and awesome, but not as well matching ashlander tent. some weeks did nothing for me. i completely skipped torture devices because even now I have no plans for a house that would work with them. so yes, to each their own. but whatever rewards may be - whether they are something I would be interested in buying, or skipping - as long as they are unique in some way, I'm cool. this week's totems were not at all unique.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you had that chair from the first time craglorn items were on lux vendor. back then they screwed up the scheduling of the rewards, so craglorn rewards overlapped with sigils and then we had 2 weeks of nothing. back then ZoS said that they are going to bring back craglorn rewards again in september to make up for scheduling snafu. and so they did. and that is why you already have that chair. that was from the first two months you find more creative. and that had flowers by the by in its first 2 weeks. orange and blue glowing, as well as the entire wall of flowers.

I didn't get the head either. I got some panoramas, a fighting statue and a few tents because I already had some plans around extra tents, and that gave me an opportunity to get an interesting shaped ones rather then canopy versions or very expensive and awesome, but not as well matching ashlander tent. some weeks did nothing for me. i completely skipped torture devices because even now I have no plans for a house that would work with them. so yes, to each their own. but whatever rewards may be - whether they are something I would be interested in buying, or skipping - as long as they are unique in some way, I'm cool. this week's totems were not at all unique.

Agreed, this week was very lackluster. The glowbushes were cool, probably the only ones ive liked. Again its all in the styles for each individual. I'm more into the sunnies, db stained glass, sigils and such. Hell even the statue bases worked well for me. I would just like to see some of the more unique items found around the game. I would prefer conservatory item just be put into a regular vendor. They really have had some amazing stuff in there, but also some awful stuff that wasn't very original too.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, somehow I missed your sentence about the tapestry - another reply above already mentioned where to get it, but basically, you buy it off achievement vendor in Belkarth - in woodworking vendor, same place where you get apple blossom trees etc. you need to do craglorn completionist achievement to be able to buy it (finish the quest chain that awards nirnhorned piece of gear, as well as 2 group quest chains that you also get in Belkarth) and the tapestry is yours for 50k gold.

I too would like to see more unique items. but for the most part - when I say unique, i mean literally cannot be bought anywhere else, whether they are identical or similar enough to be easily substituted for one another.

dirty worthless casual.
    Options
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, somehow I missed your sentence about the tapestry - another reply above already mentioned where to get it, but basically, you buy it off achievement vendor in Belkarth - in woodworking vendor, same place where you get apple blossom trees etc. you need to do craglorn completionist achievement to be able to buy it (finish the quest chain that awards nirnhorned piece of gear, as well as 2 group quest chains that you also get in Belkarth) and the tapestry is yours for 50k gold.

I too would like to see more unique items. but for the most part - when I say unique, i mean literally cannot be bought anywhere else, whether they are identical or similar enough to be easily substituted for one another.

I hear ya. Thanks for the tapestry info.
    Options
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not as though there aren't plenty of nice items in game that people might want but can't currently get.

For instance, in the clothier shop in Anvil, there are some really nice and unique objects, like looms and spindles. In Anvil castle there are the pots full of spears.

There are a myriad of different looking ovens, fireplaces and other kitchen bits that we just don't have access to at the moment, but the meshes clearly exist for them.

There are huge hay bales in Vvardenfell, as well as shovels and other "gardening" equipment that we could easily make use of.

Then of course, there are still the resource node textures that could be made into inactive (unfarmable) flower items so that we can make real gardens. The current stock of flowers is very uninspiring, in my opinion.

There are plenty of unused items in the game that they could easily put on the luxury vendor, there is no need at all to reuse achievement rewards and totally undermine the whole point of doing achievements in the first place.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
    Options
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't finished wrothgar stuff yet to be honest and i didn't even know about these items until a Guild mate pointed it out to me. Since the other two I can get that way I didn't buy them. I did buy the other one that looks like the top part. And the HUGH coffin thing. I am working on one of my houses that is going to be for my Orc.

In a way I'm happy that some of the things are achievement based cause i can save my gold till i get them done.

I agree with the knick knack things in game that would be better. Like the mammoth statue on one of the house load screens that i would DIE for. There are also some glasses a guildie of mine has been lusting over. So many different things to pick from.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
    Options