The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I feel tricked

Fyrscha
Fyrscha
✭✭
I've been waiting since last year to get the Grim Harlequin motif since I had a death in my family and wasn't able to get on and get the motif last year. This year, the forum post about the Dark Harlequin motif said "Available 9th through the 13th"...

Well today is the 13th, and I come home from the bank, ready to buy crowns and the motif... yet the motif is gone.

Come to find out, it was taken off the crown store this morning!!!

IM SOFA KING MAD RIGHT NOW OMG

If you tell your players something is available through the 13th, make it available through the 13th you money-grubbing prats!

I actually LOVE ESO and I want to spend money on your game, but you make it harder and harder each crate cycle. Do better.

Edited by Fyrscha on October 13, 2017 4:13PM
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Fyrscha wrote: »
    . Do better.

Not sure why I found that funny, but it was. "Do better".

@OP sorry for your furstration. Guess you could say Friday the 13th 2017 you had some bad luck. Watch out for those black cats/mirrors/ladders/what-have-you and hopefully you'll manage to get your motif still, somehow?
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on October 13, 2017 4:45PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was odd when I logged on early this morning (5AM Mountain Time) and saw the motif was only for sale for another couple of hours or so.

It should have gone until Midnight, as Friday Night is when a lot of people fire up the game for the first time in the week.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Any way to extend the sale time for this Motif, or offer it again during the actual Witches Festival like last year?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've really got to start clarifying what time things end, because although I know they do all their CS rotations at or around 10 AM EST and plan accordingly, it's confusing to new players or people who don't use the CS often. :/

In any case, not that it helps you now, but going forward they end all their sales at 10 AM EST.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno People want to spend money on your stupid game, now let them. Stop it with all these weird timed things
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    . Do better.

Not sure why I found that funny, but it was. "Do better".

@OP sorry for your furstration. Guess you could say Friday the 13th 2017 you had some bad luck. Watch out for those black cats/mirrors/ladders/what-have-you and hopefully you'll manage to get your motif still, somehow?

LOL true :P
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno People want to spend money on your stupid game, now let them. Stop it with all these weird timed things

LOL Yeah sort of my point! I wonder how many people were gonna get paid at midnight Thursday or on Friday and realized once they get home from work they were lied to and can't buy what they wanted.

Just feels jank and predatory, like it rewards whales and people who "live" in the game
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    This issue reminds me of how frustrating it is to be a AAA game consumer these days, it's like even if you like a game and want to get really into it, unless you have tons of time or stacks of extra cash you start hating a game you'd otherwise love because of the era of microtransactions and loot crates =\
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL Yeah sort of my point! I wonder how many people were gonna get paid at midnight Thursday or on Friday and realized once they get home from work they were lied to and can't buy what they wanted.

Just feels jank and predatory, like it rewards whales and people who "live" in the game

I mean I get the frustration, but why you gotta lash out like that. Whales? For a $20 thing? Also you were here since last year seen hundreds of sales stopping at 10am.

Just pure sodium, do better.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

YES. THIS.
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

I mean I get the frustration, but why you gotta lash out like that. Whales? For a $20 thing? Also you were here since last year seen hundreds of sales stopping at 10am.

Just pure sodium, do better.

I see what you mean, I definitely don't think 20 dollars is 'whale' territory. What I meant by that is people who regularly have lots of cash ready to spend on the game at the drop of a hat. I -assume- that isn't most players.

I've been playing this game a long time, yes, but I have a full life and don't have time to read forums much, cuz what little free time I get I try to actually play games. As such, I am baffled by the 10am stop time, that seems ridiculous to me.

You might assume I should just automatically know things from playing a lot, but I don't pay much attention to the crown store or sales time frames, I never felt like I needed to.

If this was an international server and hosted in Europe or Asia, then I'd pay more attention to time-frames of things. But this is a North American server hosted in America by an American company, so when they say something is available through the 13th, why would I think that availability would stop at 10am? it's counter-intuitive.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever they say something ends on a certain date, they always mean it ends in the morning* on that date. Usually they clarify it and tell people the exact ending time, but not always.

(*In the morning in the United States, that is.)

Edited by SydneyGrey on October 13, 2017 9:32PM
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Whenever they say something ends on a certain date, they always mean it ends in the morning* on that date. Usually they clarify it and tell people the exact ending time, but not always.

(*In the morning in the United States, that is.)

That seems bizarre, do you know why that's the case? I can't grasp the 'why' behind that