The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game freezes in Sanctum Ophidia

SisterGoat
SisterGoat
✭✭✭✭✭
I've never had my game freeze on me until I went into this trial. I froze twice in the same room, and once during the final boss fight. When the game freezes my FPS quickly drops down to 0 and ceases to respond, and I can't force quit it or do anything other than restart my computer to get it to unfreeze. Another person in my trial group said they also crashed 3 times, so there is something wrong with this location.
Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
PC/NA
  • Seleval
    Seleval
    ✭✭✭
    !!!!

This!

I did vSO Hardmode, and I crashed 5 times during the last boss, always around 30/40% of the bosses health.
    And only then.

Could only get back into the room after all of my group died.
    PC/EU
  • MutantMirage
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I've never had my game freeze on me until I went into this trial. I froze twice in the same room, and once during the final boss fight. When the game freezes my FPS quickly drops down to 0 and ceases to respond, and I can't force quit it or do anything other than restart my computer to get it to unfreeze. Another person in my trial group said they also crashed 3 times, so there is something wrong with this location.

Could you elaborate on which room this is and also which Platform you're playing on? It would probably help them pinpoint any problems with the area in question.

Edit: typo
    Edited by MutantMirage on October 13, 2017 1:16PM
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I THINK it may be this room, labeled 1. It was separated by stairs and had trolls in it, and also had some sconces that were weirdly loud.

9ee126a0aa2080b04d949c15f901e25c.png

I'm on PC, btw. I also want to mention that after I resurrected somebody, I could not use any skills or attack until I died. I have a feeling the freezing could be related to resurrecting another player.
    Edited by SisterGoat on October 14, 2017 8:39AM
    PC/NA
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just froze while opening a chest in Blessed Crucible. Right in the fire arena room.

And again right after the frozen arena as I opened the door. I think its the special effects like the snow and fire thats causing this issue.
    Edited by SisterGoat on October 21, 2017 5:19PM
    PC/NA
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try turning your particle effects down. I'm not sure of the exact name of the setting, but it's in the Video settings.

All of the dungeons you've described having trouble with have lots of particle effects - from fire, ice, and poison.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Try turning your particle effects down. I'm not sure of the exact name of the setting, but it's in the Video settings.

All of the dungeons you've described having trouble with have lots of particle effects - from fire, ice, and poison.

Thanks, I turned down the particles. I haven't tried going back in after turning them down, but if I get any more freezes I will update this thread again.
    PC/NA