The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Character Limit

patplays
patplays
✭✭
I searched but could not find an answer or discussion about this.
I think the character limit should be raised by one. you start with 8 and can buy 6 more in the crown store. Since there are 3 factions I want to have the same amount of toon in each faction. This is for class or role. Currently with only 14 toons allowed that means I'd be short in one faction.
You could sell that many more crowns to people who want another toon.
I know there will be people who say we don't need this and I agree. This is a case of want not need.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then we will get a thread from someone who wants the 15+1, 16+1 and so on.

Someone somewhere always wants more.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • patplays
    patplays
    ✭✭
    But why should it matter to you how many toons somebody else has? If we were allowed 50 and some people only played 1 or 3 or 6 that's their choice. If somebody played 50 toons or whatever the max is that's their choice.
    I just find it odd that there are 3 factions yet the devs didn't make the max 12 toons or 15 or any number that would be based on the 3 factions. They made the max 14. I just think that's strange.
    Edited by patplays on October 13, 2017 6:21AM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree here if only to fit the pattern of 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 DPS for each class as another obvious pattern.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patplays wrote: »
    But why should it matter to you how many toons somebody else has? If we were allowed 50 and some people only played 1 or 3 or 6 that's their choice. If somebody played 50 toons or whatever the max is that's their choice.
    I just find it odd that there are 3 factions yet the devs didn't make the max 12 toons or 15 or any number that would be based on the 3 factions. They made the max 14. I just think that's strange.
    I never said it mattered to me, only that no matter the size of the increase someone somewhere will always want it to go up again.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that some people will always want more. My other MMO allows a maximum of 70 characters and some people say that's not enough. One common reason is they want 1 of every race/gender/class combination, which means the same people would want 80 ESO characters.

On the other hand I also agree that it shouldn't be an issue for anyone else - why does it matter how many characters another player has?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want 20 slots.

Take my money.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• patplays
    patplays
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I want 20 slots.

Take my money.

You mean 21 :p
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the new character slots are a great money maker for ZoS, it doesn't cost much to store the character data, and they sell for about $15 each. 14 is a strange number to leave it at, since its not divisible by 5 classes, 3 alliances, or 3 primary resource builds, or 4 major roles (tank, heal, stam dps, mag dps). 15 would work out much better in this sense, but I see no reason it couldn't be 20 or 30, it hurts nobody.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Posting a bit late about this, but thought it would be silly to start another thread on it. Would be cool if we could roll out 4 of each class, so a total of 20 slots all together.

Means could roll out a tank, heal, dd magicka and stam if you wanted to. :smiley:.......aka I want to. lol

Would be happy to pay for more slots.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP