The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do YOU role play?

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
I'm not asking for a step by step tutorial on how to role play. I want to know how those of you that role play, what do you do? I personally don't and never have role played. When I log into this game, all I do is level up my characters, pvp, or dungeons. I don't think I'd be good at role playing. I just don't see the fun in to (just my opinion ). So I'd be very interested to know how you role players role play.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I press L, choose Vivec campaign, queue for some time, get inside and scream BLOOD FOR PACT
    After that I go and kill anything yellow/blue on the map. Or get killed.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dabbled in it a bit.

Usually they go to a world space that they either use for its in-game purpose (like the inns) or they repurpose it (one of my old guilds used a village you clear out during a quest to 'settle' with the members of their group). From there, they go through a predetermined premise (say, hunting a monster) and act it out. Unfortunately, the nature of the system makes it pretty slow, so there's... a lot of standing around doing nothing to the average bystander.

Or if you want to enact bumping uglies, go to the Ebony Flask or an isolated building and stare at each other. I've ran into a couple of those while stealing or exploring, too. >_<
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont, I dont have a creative mind to come up with a rich backstory to a character
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    i put on a fireman's outfit in my bedroom and swing the hose , thats my role-play
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my characters isn't terribly social. While yes, I do attend the social gatherings in my guild given how she is in a position of leadership and expected to arrive, I find it important when playing an antisocial character to occassionally just run through their daily routine. Roleplay alone, so to speak. It helps one get into that mindset, to understand that character, to be that character.

That and of course I have a bunch of little rules, such as when possible allowing the game mechanics to enhance RP and RP to enhance the game mechanics, or the more personal rule you cannot RP a powerful character unless you can back it up in PvP.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people RP in that they talk/chat in character with other people doing the same. That's pretty cool, but not something I do.

Me, I have various characters and there are things they will and won't do. Like only one has done the Dark Brotherhood, but that character has a few screws loose. I have others that will never kill animals unless they have to, and try to avoid aggroing them. Some use certain weapons, some use certain armors. Some avoid the MQ, even the Zone MQ's and only exist in the world, never helping it. Some steal and some don't, some join the Thieves Guild, some don't.

So, my RP is more a list of Do's and Don'ts for each character.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My typical roleplay day.
    • find tavern.
    • enter tavern.
    • walk up to npc that looks like a bartender.
    • equip "drunk" personality.
    • drink and do alot of drunk emote stuff.
    • also yell out random stuff in /say.
    • when I feel like I'm done. Stagger out of the tavern and to a wayshrine.
    • wayshrine to home.
    • then when at home just /playdead on the bed.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Woah what the heck. Did I literally just make a post of a already trending post.
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    How is my title exactly the same
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even see that post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woah what the heck. Did I literally just make a post of a already trending post.

That confused me a little when I clicked on the thread title and the thread was much shorter than I remembered. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

That confused me a little when I clicked on the thread title and the thread was much shorter than I remembered. :D

Lol how in the world did I make this thread with the exact same title.