The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What shall be the uses of houses?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If replacing town is not an option....then.....

What should be houses' future function?

For me, if get/turn in crafting writs, undaunted pledge, horse feeding, guild bank/store, launder and repair armor are out of picture, the only things I can think of are:
1.Access alt's inventory and quick switch between characters
2.Storage...knowing ZOS probably bank storage
3.Combat simulator (Allowing group vs group or even group1 vs group2 vs group3), if ZOS manage to fix the collision problem
4.Skill training. We already have lorebook furnitures to help boost mage guild skill line for alts. So if we can have sth to boost other skills in house, that would be nice
5.Alchemy, provision farm/ rune creation/ other raw mats (especially when one day we can use low level style look on gears, we can get low level mats in the house...one day)

What others can you think of?
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Lore book furniture DO NOT increase Mages Guild skill line on alts. But I wish it did. =(
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calsifer wrote: »
    Lore book furniture DO NOT increase Mages Guild skill line on alts. But I wish it did. =(

hmmm wut?? :|

One less furniture type off my list...it's already tough for for non-sub house owners
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps they can fall apart over time and you have to invest tons of gold to repair them! Bob the Builder ;)

so you have always things to do, farm mats for the repair, learn skills to do the work aso

• Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    I have a library in my player home, I immediately checked to see if any of my alts could get their mages guild up fast. . . NOPE.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    perhaps they can fall apart over time and you have to invest tons of gold to repair them! Bob the Builder ;)

so you have always things to do, farm mats for the repair, learn skills to do the work aso
    I think they said when launching they wanted to keep away from any kind of tax systems on the houses, you buy it and get it with no additional upkeep or costs.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »

For me, if get/turn in crafting writs, undaunted pledge, horse feeding, guild bank/store, launder and repair armor are out of picture, the only things I can think of are:
    3.Combat simulator (Allowing group vs group or even group1 vs group2 vs group3), if ZOS manage to fix the collision problem
    4.Skill training. We already have lorebook furnitures to help boost mage guild skill line for alts. So if we can have sth to boost other skills in house, that would be nice
    5.Alchemy, provision farm/ rune creation/ other raw mats (especially when one day we can use low level style look on gears, we can get low level mats in the house...one day)

Lyserus for emperor!!!

yes please!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_MattFiror
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

Oh god please don't give them ideas.
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    The home maintenance or tax system would only be acceptable if there were more of a benefit to housing. For example, IF you owned a home in a city and no one else could own that home. Anyone one, and any number of people would be able to access it like any other building in town. AND you have exclusive decoration privilege, i.e. NO ONE can turn off the damn lights!!!
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be outstanding simply being able to store items in our houses.

I need a place for all my fracking treasure maps.

The struggle is real, yall.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see some actual utility added to housing, especially with what they charge in crowns/real money for most of the places. Of course my own personal wishes are raising the player caps (to at least double what they are now for all homes) and item count as well as the ability to set the time of day to either day or night in your house's instance. Since houses do not affect the game world this doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Great ideas, indeed. I do hope I am wrong but I feel like housing will stay useless, such as it is now.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it if you could click on a house icon and it brings up a refreshable list of people's places that they've allowed to be public, for you to visit.

Even better if you could bookmark your favs for later.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mannequins/weapon racks

I'm still hoping for guild bank assistants and crafting writ pick-up/turn-in.

People will still go to town to duel (blegh...one of the reasons I hate going to town) and shop guild traders.

Or, at least have writ boards. Then, you can park your characters in your home, pick up the writs, and only have to port to deliver them. Saves some time for me, as I hate parking my characters in town. I suppose partly because I avoid being in towns as much as possible and because I want to actually "use" my homes.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero utility money sink; working as intended.

/thread
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calsifer wrote: »

That is weird but I've tested this and I got gains. It is kinda wonky and does not show the text part that you got a lore book but I saw the gain.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    How about some sort of fun, minigame type items players can interact with like a soccer ball and goal. Could be as simple as clicking the ball to play and when you get a goal flames shoot or something.

Or they could just give us home storage. Yeah that one sounds better.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While housing needs somethings added, there is function already. Storage would be nice but honestly its not needed for me. I own a guild hall, we have attunables, mundas stones and dps dummies. So people can practice rotations. Do all master writs and change mundas without traveling all over.

I also have several homes, smaller ones I use to fast travel. Example I have snug pod so when I'm done with master writs I can travel to the master writ guy. So you can choose to use it and have it be functional without all the other wishlist stuff.

Everybodies needs are different. Some have dueling arenas. Which when in house is instanced so no worries about random running through or extra lag. A couple of people have made jump puzzles and hold contests with those. So.....
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses have a novelty factor for about an hour. Then you realize function is very limited and that's that.

Sure some people spend hours in home and that's cool, but id like to see function. Writ boards, guild bank / store access (happy with a crown assistant todo it) etc in a shared guild hall - awesome.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Houses have a novelty factor for about an hour. Then you realize function is very limited and that's that.

Sure some people spend hours in home and that's cool, but id like to see function. Writ boards, guild bank / store access (happy with a crown assistant todo it) etc in a shared guild hall - awesome.

Yes, I'd love to see those things too, but as Stopnaggin said, there is already some great functionality for guild halls. I just recently joined a guild that has all attunable stations, all mundus stones, target dummies, merchant, banker, enchanting/provisioning/alchemy stations. Now, I can just pop to the guild hall to complete all my MWs rather than having to port all over to the various set stations. Great functionality!

But, I'd LOVE to have writ boards (pick-up & turn-in) plus access to the guild banks/stores from my home (or guild hall).
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additional storage. I know this will never happen because it will be too "non-casual" for ZOS no doubt. But at least they could make it streamlined by giving some extra bank storage per house you own (larger, more upgraded estates should give more bank storage).
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 18, 2017 6:23PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

Additional storage. I know this will never happen because it will be too "non-casual" for ZOS no doubt. But at least they could make it streamlined by giving some extra bank storage per house you own (larger, more upgraded estates should give more bank storage).

They never said no to additional storage. It didn't make the cut. The reason given was the majority of players haven't fully upgraded bag and bank space.

What I need now is a furniture crafting bag.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

They never said no to additional storage. It didn't make the cut. The reason given was the majority of players haven't fully upgraded bag and bank space.

The majority of players haven't fully upgraded bag and bank space because it's so f****** expensive.

It's a lousy reason.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

The majority of players haven't fully upgraded bag and bank space because it's so f****** expensive.

It's a lousy reason.

Dont yell at me I'm just relaying the message. If bag and bank space are expensive how much do you think extra storage is going to cost.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a lousy reason.

Dont yell at me I'm just relaying the message. If bag and bank space are expensive how much do you think extra storage is going to cost.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a lousy reason.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a lousy reason.

I'm not yelling at you. It's quite obvious I'm getting at @ZO$.

No need to post three times lol.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a lousy reason.

I'm not yelling at you. It's quite obvious I'm getting at @ZO$.

No need to post three times lol.

Not sure what happened there it delayed my post then I saw it post 3 times. What kind of luck I have.

PS I know who you were yelling at, giving grief is a free service of mine.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on October 18, 2017 9:14PM
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d love to see a storage option for armor and weapons, like the display racks, cases, and mannequins in Skyrim. One way to implement it, so it doesn’t affect inventory/bag space, would be simply allow players to permanently convert items they want to use for house display/furniture into to a kind of junk status that can never again be used or sold. These slots could be included in the existing maximum furniture limits, so ZOS wouldn’t have to increase it—it could just be another category.

There’s lots of armor/weapons I’d love to display rather than deconstruct or destroy. Essentially, these items would be relegated to “display it or destroy it”, but it would allow us to have more fun decorating and customizing our houses without interfering with ZOS’s inventory upgrades revenue.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • atriumcarceris
    atriumcarceris
    Soul Shriven
    Blackjack. Chess. Checkers. Poker with 5 others bet with gold.

Extra storage.

Music playlist like radio for guests... Just ask an npc to change song or something.

Garden for alchemy... Buy seeds from npc somewhere and plant them in your garden.

Thinking of ideas isnt hard unless all you do at home is watch netflix or tv.

Mirror in home you click on to change transmog/gear aesthetics

Bar which alters in game voice to sound like a drunk.
  • atriumcarceris
    atriumcarceris
    Soul Shriven
    Heres another.

Crown only bookshelf with official elder scrolls books. Perhaps give access to the books on website with account linked so you can read on phone and zenimax would keep 100 profit without having to give percentages away to retailers like amazon or google etc.

Edit: maybe an eso plus feature?
    Edited by atriumcarceris on October 18, 2017 11:51PM