The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which trial is the easiest? For a casual player to try a trial for the first time ever..

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I never tried a trial with a 12 people group, I am a casual player, I am only usually running Undaunted dungeons, usually on normal difficulty, veteran is usually too hard for me (too many deaths per run).

My main is a mag NB, DPS, my build is kind of ok, I usually am able to do about 5k - 20k DPS in the dungeons, depending on the group and of course depending on how I succeed to do my skill rotation. Which is ok for most of the normal 4 player dungeons.

So I wanna finally try a trial on normal difficulty, which one of the trials is the easiest?

And also then, how long does it usually take to finish a trial?

Thanx in advance for your answers.
Edited by altemriel on October 11, 2017 8:12PM
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think hel ra, and as far as the time to finish I would say 15-20 minutes depending on the rest of the group.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good rule of thumb, if you can do a Vet I dungeon you can do a Normal Trial, as long as you know your role, and will listen to the Raid Leader. While even a lower end Vet Dungeon will let you get away with lackadaisical roles, a Trial will smack you around a little if your not paying attention. A couple of my guilds have a Trials night where we take new to trials players through the content and teach them the mechanics. We wipe from time to time, but we all learn something and get better.

Now to your original question, as long as you have a good group to run with, almost any trial that is not Halls of Fabrication is doable for a first timer. Hel Ra is probably the easiest one.
    Edited by Nestor on October 11, 2017 8:17PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say Hel Ra. Aetherian Archive has some punishing DPS race mechanics and Sanctum Ophidia has a crapton of trash mobs and junk to get through in between bosses. And Maw can be a total disaster if the group isn't a well-oiled machine.

Time to finish (and also success rate) will depend on the group. If you're tagging along with people who know what they're doing, you'll be fine to finish and you're probably looking at around half an hour to an hour to clear (give or take). And then there was the AA run I did once where I was pretty much the only person who had done it before and we were there for 4 hours and the only reason we finished the last boss is because somebody called in an OP friend.

Oh yeah, and like Nestor said, with most groups the most important quality for a newbie to have is the ability to follow instructions. Do what your raid leader says and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure what to do.
    Edited by Ilsabet on October 11, 2017 8:22PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, the Veteran trials (non-HM) difficulty ranks like this:

1. Halls of Fabrication
    2. Maw of Lorkhaj
    3. Sanctum Ophidia
    4. Aetherian Archive
    5. Hel Ra Citadel
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vAA is easy as all hell provided you don't do HM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal AA or HelRa are the easiest. Then normal Sanctum. Then normal Maw of Lorkhaj. Then normal Halls of Fabrication.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like your question has been answered and this has been touched on but if you are ready to start doing trials try to find a guild that does training runs. Most will not only help with getting a good rotation going but will also help get the gear you need/want.
    Joining a pick-up group in zone can be brutal even for seasoned trials players.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vet trial hard modes from hardest to easiest -

1: vMoL HM
    2:vAA HM
    3:vHRC HM
    4:vHoF HM
    5:vSO HM
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker