The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Group Dungeons in Solo Quests

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have several uncompleted quests that started out normally but ended up with requiring some task be completed via a group dungeon. I current run at CP209 and while I can handle public dungeons solo, these group dungeons get overwhelming fast. So I'm curious how a person is supposed to complete these quests. Do I start my own queue for a specific dungeon and hope I get some takers? Do I join a queue and hope the dungeon in one of these quests gets chosen? Try to start a group that will hit the dungeon with me? Abandon the quest and start over with a group that will do the quest together?

Up to now I've only played solo, so putting together groups and/or joining groups for dungeon work is all new. I'm curious regard how others have addressed these quests that end up with group dungeons.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which solo quests direct you to a group dungeon?
    confused24.gif

Or are you talking about public dungeons?
    In which case you don't have to group, you can just tag along with other players that happen to be there with you.
    idea.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 11, 2017 5:38PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to check, is make sure you are set to normal dungeon not vet. In your group window there will be a little tab that will say if you are in normal or vet, click it to normal. You don't need to be in a group in order to check and change this.

The group dungeons (most of them) have two versions. A version one an version two. The version one can be soloed, with some work.
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from starting the Undaunted I can't think of any quest which requires you to do a group dungeon. Am I forgetting something?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking the Craglorn Main Quest, as that is the only series of quests that I know of that send you to a group delve. Although, those particular delves have been adjusted to Solo play. That being said, there are two Bosses that are quite tricky to solo, but you can sneak past one of them. And, the other, while being marked a Group Dungeon, is really more a Public Dungeon in that it is not instanced, so you can find other players in there.

Now, there are two quests that are no longer part of the Crag MQ that are fully Group intended.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps he is referring to the quests that are part of group dungeons?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about Tharayya's Trail:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tharayya's_Trail

I do not think you need to complete the dungeon to complete that quest. Just find her in the ruins, which I believe you can do without fighting anything.

I may be wrong on that count, as I think I completed the dungeon quest and this quest in the same instance.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shantu: Please list the quest(s) and dungeon(s) in question, you can see the wild speculation has already begun. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shantu can you give some examples of the quests you mentioned?

For a Group dungeon, the group finder tool (press P on default keyboard) will help you find other players. If you are on PC EU I'll be happy to give you a hand completing those quests.
    PC-EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue specific and do other things while you wait.....when you join, make sure to communicate that you desire to complete X so ppl don’t leave too soon

Be courteous tho to stay and help them finish whatever too
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 11, 2017 5:57PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the quest I listed and the initial undaunted quest, the only other quests that I know of that are given to you before even entering a group dungeon are the DLC dungeon quests. Which you can just abandon if you want until you run the dungeon with a group.
    Edited by jaws343 on October 11, 2017 5:58PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I do not think you need to complete the dungeon to complete that quest. Just find her in the ruins, which I believe you can do without fighting anything.

I may be wrong on that count, as I think I completed the dungeon quest and this quest in the same instance.
    Yes, that quest links to the dungeon quest, you just have to talk with the npc who give the normal dungeon quest.
    I think this was changed, at launch you had to pick up the dungeon quest outside.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

Yes, that quest links to the dungeon quest, you just have to talk with the npc who give the normal dungeon quest.
    I think this was changed, at launch you had to pick up the dungeon quest outside.

I concur, I did this one just the other day, you only have to go in and talk to her to finish the quest one would have. no need to actually complete the dungeon.
    Edited by Eddyble on October 11, 2017 6:38PM
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. Here are the quests (at least they're sitting there in my Journal as quests):

Glenumbra - Blood Relations
    Halls of Frabricaion - To Tel Fyr (12 man)
    Rivenspire - Pledge: Crypt of Hearts II
    Stonefalls - Pledge: Fungal Grotto II
    Maw of Lorkhaj - The Dark Moon's Jaws (12 man)

Then of course about 5 in Craglorn, which I now understand is to be expected. I guess you're supposed to start these quests with a group? Still stuck with the same issue though. I start out these quests solo and end up at a group dungeon or trial. Maybe I missed something? Just considering whether it's worth trying to finish these or abandon them.

Sorry, probably dumb questions. I'm a real novice at ESO activities requiring groups.
    Queue specific and do other things while you wait.....when you join, make sure to communicate that you desire to complete X so ppl don’t leave too soon

Be courteous tho to stay and help them finish whatever too

This sounds like good advice. Thanks.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those quests you listed are not solo quests. They're all exclusive to group content. You can pick them up alone, but you can't exactly start any of them solo. Well, excluding the dungeon quest for Spindleclutch (Blood Relations). Most normal dungeons can be solo'd by careful players.

The solo quests that can lead you to the trials are only there to introduce you to their existence. The leading quest is started and completed before you grab the quest that requires completing the trial. Sort of like the preliminary quest for the Undaunted that just has you enter a dungeon rather than requiring completion of it.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Those quests you listed are not solo quests. They're all exclusive to group content. You can pick them up alone, but you can't exactly start any of them solo. Well, excluding the dungeon quest for Spindleclutch (Blood Relations). Most normal dungeons can be solo'd by careful players.

The solo quests that can lead you to the trials are only there to introduce you to their existence. The leading quest is started and completed before you grab the quest that requires completing the trial. Sort of like the preliminary quest for the Undaunted that just has you enter a dungeon rather than requiring completion of it.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like I should either join a queue for a specific dungeon or just abandon the quests.