The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Question about crafting.

preevious
preevious
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I noticed that heavy gear are not in demand at all (well, except the occasionnal chest piece of people that goes 5/1/1).
Every armor crafting request I get from people are light or medium.
Not that I particulary mind, since blacksmiths still get to craft weapons, but .. I find that odd, and maybe a bit sad.
Is there a reason why? Is there a problem in balance between crafted / found heavy gear?

Thanks.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armour is only used for tanking and a majority of the players in an MMO will play DPS roles. This game healers will also use light armour.

Additionally most of the best in slot gear for tanking is world drops and not crafted as you suspect meaning it will be farmed rather than crafted.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy Armor is desired in PvP right now.

However, all armor classes get their turn in the Sun, and their turn in the Basement as the devs chase the ever slippery concept of balance.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thank you, as I suspected, then .. found heavy is better (for now) than crafted heavy.
    Ah, well, It will change, eventually.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I tried a combo of Storm Knight and Thunderbug on my imp sorc for fun as a final try for heavy armor without tanking thinking that the sets would counterbalance the lack of stamina/magic for damage. lol, fail, never ever died in pve, but every battle was at least twice as long and felt like a grind.

There are a lot of other sets and setups I could try but so far I have not found a way to get high dps out of a toon wearing heavy armor. So now all my toons that I actually play with are back to Cloth or Leather, which is sorta sad because I love how the colors show on heavy armor.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.