The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fewer surveys drop than before? stealth nerf or bad luck?

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been going on for an month now, getting probably less than half the number of surveys I used to get.
The tricks of having low level alts do writs and bank the survey don't work as level 1 crafters don't get surveys anymore.
Earlier it was not an issue keeping yourself stocked with mats from surveys but not anymore.
Has other noticed this or is it just bad rng.
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking bad RNG. Personally I've been getting more than I'm used to and I only do writs on one toon, but there's always the chance the odds are screwy, given how the clown Crates were with the Nix-Hounds
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad RNG.

We see a "stealth nerf" thread almost weekly when RNG isn't working for something.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TY, I was wondering if drop chance was reduced or if it was just bad luck for me.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was reduced and resource quantity doubled to make up for it, not sure if that was one tam or homstead notes. It has also seemed abnormally low for me too lately inspite of this.
    Xbox One Na
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an grouping of surveys yesterday so its probably just bad rng,
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got surveys almost every day,prolly you will get more in the future,maybe you got a lot in the past?
    talking about rng,plz check how many psijik ambrosia (all parts exept no5) droped last months(i know the recipe)

SgbCWaz.jpg

makes you wonder B)

PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't possibly be just RNG. I can't possibly be having that bad of luck.
    I'm a maxed out crafter, other than the snake points for Alchemist, I have full points in all six craft skills.
    I have at least two or more pieces known in every available motif except for three: Ordinator, Bouyant and the master writs Ebony one.

I used to receive an average of 6 writs per week, 1 cloth, 1 blacksmith, 1 wood, 2 alchemy and 1 provisioning. I've write them down every day, no idea what possessed me to do it, but I do.

Since August 27, and I remember this well because of the flood, I have received 1 woodworking 3 alchemy and 1 provisioning. That's all. Zero cloth, zero blacksmith in 6 weeks of doing daily writs.

That can't just be bad luck.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    Can't possibly be just RNG. I can't possibly be having that bad of luck.
    I'm a maxed out crafter, other than the snake points for Alchemist, I have full points in all six craft skills.
    I have at least two or more pieces known in every available motif except for three: Ordinator, Bouyant and the master writs Ebony one.

I used to receive an average of 6 writs per week, 1 cloth, 1 blacksmith, 1 wood, 2 alchemy and 1 provisioning. I've write them down every day, no idea what possessed me to do it, but I do.

Since August 27, and I remember this well because of the flood, I have received 1 woodworking 3 alchemy and 1 provisioning. That's all. Zero cloth, zero blacksmith in 6 weeks of doing daily writs.

That can't just be bad luck.

Two things...

1 Having two items unlocked in motifs don't help master writs. Full motif does. Neither affects surveys.

2 Not sure but are you referencing your master writs drop rate or surveys...
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're RNGesus blessing wore off.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Two things...

1 Having two items unlocked in motifs don't help master writs. Full motif does. Neither affects surveys.

The full motif being what counts makes sense.
    I don't recall specifically when Morrowind came out, so are you saying that with the introduction of 5-6 new motifs, my ratio of Total to Known is worse, and so I just flat out don't receive writs anymore?
    I've received 1 single wood/cloth/blacksmith writ in 6 weeks, do you think that's "working as designed"?

2. Not talking about surveys, I have tons of these, I do them all every few months.
    Edited by Reivax on October 15, 2017 3:47PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't exactly count mine, but i harvested them last week and the amount of raws from them was what i expected. I am not doing any writs at level 1 but i have several at 2..5, and they still get surveys.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm glad someone is getting them. Since Horns my survey drop rate has been horrible, but my Kuta drop rate from nodes has skyrocketed, so I got that going for me which is nice.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm barely getting any MW's and when I do there all below 10 now including all equipment ones
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Two things...

The full motif being what counts makes sense.
    I don't recall specifically when Morrowind came out, so are you saying that with the introduction of 5-6 new motifs, my ratio of Total to Known is worse, and so I just flat out don't receive writs anymore?
    I've received 1 single wood/cloth/blacksmith writ in 6 weeks, do you think that's "working as designed"?

2. Not talking about surveys, I have tons of these, I do them all every few months.

1 I do not know how ZOS is adjusting the motif things - and other achievements that feed into master writs - as new motifs come out. it could be "ratio of total" or it could be "number known" used as the raw factor.

2 - Ok so, you were never talking about surveys but you posted into a threads asking if low perceived SURVEY drops were RNg or nerf and started with "Can't possibly be just RNG. " so it seems odd to jump into a survey drop rate RNG thread and assert "not RNG" but not be talking about surveys. hence, my question.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    1 I do not know how ZOS is adjusting the motif things - and other achievements that feed into master writs

I'm also trying to do some follow-up to find out if Furniture Recipe Achievements were ever added to Master Writ Knowledge

Re: GIna answers here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3811984/#Comment_3811984

Have you ever seen any followup that they were indeed added? They are a listed Achievement currently. I tried searching for Gina posts but no luck.