The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce

HJSmith24
HJSmith24
✭✭
Recently maxed provisioner, looking the aforementioned recipe, how much does it go for? Does anyone have one to sell?
*winces in anticipation*
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what platform/server are you on? i just got one from my provisioning writ this morning i have yet to list in the trader.
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    what platform/server are you on? i just got one from my provisioning writ this morning i have yet to list in the trader.

XBOX EU?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HJSmith24 wrote: »

XBOX EU?

I am Xbox NA unfortunately. Hope you find your recipe.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last one I sold, went for 50,000 gold, and it moved in a couple of days.
    Edited by Nestor on October 11, 2017 2:55PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭

XBOX EU?

I am Xbox NA unfortunately. Hope you find your recipe.

no worries, thank you :)
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

That's a healthy price tag, where did it drop from? A provisioning writ?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I think I looted it from a container or a mob. I have not seen a Purple Recipe from a Writ in a long time. I don't do as many writs as I used to, I am kind of over the whole Master Writ thing.

Thing is, the CP150 Purple Recipes, and all Purple Recipes for that matter, are need to be learned to qualify for increasing the chance to get Master Writs, and the CP150's are desired because that is what the Master Writ's ask for. Couple that with a hugely diluted loot table as 1000 plus Furniture Recipes were dumped into the Tables, and you only have, what, 6 Purple CP150 Recipes, along with all the trash that containers can have, the chances to find these recipes has plummeted to unicorn levels.

Long Story short, most purple recipes sell in the mid 5 figure range now, even mid tier recipes.

• HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭

Hmm, I think I looted it from a container or a mob. I have not seen a Purple Recipe from a Writ in a long time. I don't do as many writs as I used to, I am kind of over the whole Master Writ thing.

Thing is, the CP150 Purple Recipes, and all Purple Recipes for that matter, are need to be learned to qualify for increasing the chance to get Master Writs, and the CP150's are desired because that is what the Master Writ's ask for. Couple that with a hugely diluted loot table as 1000 plus Furniture Recipes were dumped into the Tables, and you only have, what, 6 Purple CP150 Recipes, along with all the trash that containers can have, the chances to find these recipes has plummeted to unicorn levels.

Long Story short, most purple recipes sell in the mid 5 figure range now, even mid tier recipes.

Makes sense, I best get saving then.......
    Thanks for the info
  • dvcod
    dvcod
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor...just wanted to take the time to thank you for all the information that you so freely give. I rarely post as you can tell but I read a lot on here....and you consistently provide valuable information and you do it with grace....thanks my friend....it is appreciated.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you just want "Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce", in order to make food for yourself, then it is useful to know that there are other recipes that provide the same benefits.

The ones that spring to mind are:-
    • Capon Tomato-Beet Casserole
    • Jugged Rabbit in Preserves
    • Withered Tree Inn Venison Pot Roast
    Happy shopping! :)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The C150 recipes drop from top level provisioning writs or any container that drops recipes (urns, backpacks, jewelry boxes but not crates and containers that drop ingredients)

When a recipe is generated the system runs an RNG...those c150 purples are like a 1 in 1200 chance on daily writs, even smaller for containers. If you want it, it will be FAR faster to go farm 3-5 expensive motifs, sell them, then buy the recipe in a guild store.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The C150 recipes drop from top level provisioning writs or any container that drops recipes (urns, backpacks, jewelry boxes but not crates and containers that drop ingredients)

When a recipe is generated the system runs an RNG...those c150 purples are like a 1 in 1200 chance on daily writs, even smaller for containers. If you want it, it will be FAR faster to go farm 3-5 expensive motifs, sell them, then buy the recipe in a guild store.

^^^This is pretty much the way that I look at anything that I need/want that requires a grind. I can farm motifs from daily quests or pickpocketing rather quickly, which I drop on my guild trader. I've easily cleared over 2 million in sales from selling the new house motifs in Vvardenfell. (Not including Bouyant Armiger)
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • HJSmith24
    HJSmith24
    ✭✭
    Managed to get hold of the Capon Tomato-Beet Casserole, Thanks for your help guys:)

Off topic, you say you farm motifs by doing 'daily quests' what are these quests?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You look for the Blue Arrows in the game, those are the Daily Quests, most but not all have a chance to reward a Motif Chapter. See this for the various motifs and then you can figure out what dailies drop what motifs

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting_Motifs

Note, I get a motif page every 6 to 10 reward containers, so it can be a grind. But some days, you might get a page more often, it's all RNG. Some dailies are quite quick to do, some are not. Some dailies in Craglorn can be done Solo, some can not. Some drop from Group Dungeons.

Some motifs can only be found picking pockets in Vvardenfell.
    Edited by Nestor on October 12, 2017 8:32PM

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, today I got two purple recipes from Provisioning Writs, and I only did two of those. Unfortunately, they were the CP100 to CP140 recipes. And, those are the only purples that sell for 3 figures.....

• doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Well, today I got two purple recipes from Provisioning Writs, and I only did two of those. Unfortunately, they were the CP100 to CP140 recipes. And, those are the only purples that sell for 3 figures.....

Did you get the beef river purple tri stat? I used that for a while until I got longfin, the difference is very minimal.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »

Did you get the beef river purple tri stat? I used that for a while until I got longfin, the difference is very minimal.

Your right, the differences between the foods is small, especially as they scale. It is the sale price for the recipe that is hugely different.