Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Suggestion to players on VoiP who use the "always on" mic option...

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
Don't. ha ha I'm suggesting this to help you. Please bear in mind that it is exceedingly distracting (and annoying) for everyone else to hear your T.V., iPod, etc. blaring in the background. Or if you decide to start breaking down cardboard boxes, break rocks with a sledgehammer, clearing your throat and nose constantly, or maybe crush empty potato chip sacks, whatever, while grouping. All of that comes through loud and clear to everyone else.

So, I beg of you kindly, STAHP ! LOL Please?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they’re playing Milkshake by Kelis on a loop, in which case it’s entirely acceptable to leave the mic on.

“My milkshake brings all the boys to the yahd, and thar like it’s better than yars. DAMN RIGHT ITS BETTER THAN YARS.”
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not likely to read this or visit the forums. Sorry for bad news.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

^This.^
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gone through a number of headsets over the past two years. I really am gentle with them....

Anyway, some headsets are more annoying than others. One headset I had was bad in Teamspeak, but OK in Discord.

Best advice I can give is use a headset with either Push to Talk or one that has an easy way to turn off the mic, like by elevating the microphone.

Oh, and the headset I am using now is a Turtle Beach and I am not annoying anyone with that. Well, at least the background noise is not annoying them.......
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

But one can hope!

We actually had a weird occurrence with Discord last night where someone's ingame audio was coming through into everyone else's headsets. I could tell who it was by looking at the names when their audio activated, but he had no idea what was causing it, either.

Edited to mention that, oh, he was also wearing a closed headset. So it shouldn't have been bleeding over as if he were listening on speakers and using a desk top mic or whatnot.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on October 11, 2017 9:30PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the mouth breathers. Oh gawd I can't stand the mouth breathers!