The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main storyline confusion (Post Molag Bal) **Spoiler Warning**

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am yet to buy the Morrowind expansion and would like to carry on the main story from where Varen left us off in Orsinium with his message.

We are offered to do the Azura quest by speaking to the priest usually by the bank in any of the major cities and I know this is related to the main quest but at what stage?

I dont mind spoilers much at this stage I just want to know the order of everything so I can do it correctly

Thank you
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you mean the three-way Daedric War...that officially is supposed to kick off after Clockwork City, but obviously that hasn't come out yet. Morrowind does give us a few threads of it, namely:
    One of the Princes involved is Clavicus Vile.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! The storyline that Varen is referring to if I recall right is actually the Clockwork City DLC that's arriving on PC this month and console a bit later. Not much longer now. :smiley:

I think the other quest from Alessio is a means of leading up to the Morrowind chapter itself, which you'd have to buy to get started on. I don't know much about the CWC story itself but you should be able to play Morrowind without interfering with the CWC story that's coming up.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

We are offered to do the Azura quest by speaking to the priest usually by the bank in any of the major cities and I know this is related to the main quest but at what stage?

That quest is more an intro to the lore of the expansion more so than a requirement to do before you do the expansion. IN other words, if you have never heard of the relationship between Vivec, Azura and Sotha Sil, this will give you some of that background. However, you should do it at least once, and before you engage the Morrowind Main Quest the first time. You can get the lore and background from other sources (read the books, that is what they are for)

We also now have one of these quests related to the Clockwork City and Sotha Sil now in the game, in case you were wondering.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor
    @FluffyReachWitch
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome

Thanks for your response guys/gals :) So am I right in saying that the Morrowind quest line is not related to the 3 daedric princes war?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil, Vivec and Azura Almalexia are "Living Gods" and while related to the Daedric Princes in some ways, they are not Daedric Princes.

I suggest you search on Vivec and Sotha Sil and Azura and read the Lore Books surrounding them here

https://www.imperial-library.info/

And, see this for a start on the lore, but each game has a different view point and importance to these beings.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vivec_(god)
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Almalexia
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sotha_Sil
    Edited by Nestor on October 16, 2017 3:25PM

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your response guys/gals :) So am I right in saying that the Morrowind quest line is not related to the 3 daedric princes war?

It qualifies as a sort of prologue. Really big spoilers follow:
    Barbas IIRC mentions something about making his master's plan better, presumably referring to the Daedric alliance plans, and by that point he's gotten into the Clockwork City - his goal through the Morrowind questline is to pump Vivec's energy into the Clockwork City so the Daedric Princes can find it.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Sotha Sil, Vivec and Azura are "Living Gods" and while related to the Daedric Princes in some ways, they are not Daedric Princes.

@Nestor You're trying to claim the Daedric Prince Azura is not a Daedric Prince. The person you're looking for is Almalexia.

• Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha Sil, Vivec and Azura are "Living Gods" and while related to the Daedric Princes in some ways, they are not Daedric Princes.

I suggest you search on Vivec and Sotha Sil and Azura and read the Lore Books surrounding them here

https://www.imperial-library.info/

And, see this for a start on the lore, but each game has a different view point and importance to these beings.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vivec_(god)
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Azura
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sotha_Sil

Uh, no.

It's Vivec, Sotha Still, and Almalexia.... Azura is the one who punished them for taking the power of lurken to defend morrowind from Dwemer I think. Azura is the daedric prince of dusk and dawn. She's the one who punished and turned the dark elves into what they are. That's why the living gods are not technically dark elves they're chimer.
    Master Debater
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That quest is more an intro to the lore of the expansion more so than a requirement to do before you do the expansion. IN other words, if you have never heard of the relationship between Vivec, Azura and Sotha Sil, this will give you some of that background. However, you should do it at least once, and before you engage the Morrowind Main Quest the first time. You can get the lore and background from other sources (read the books, that is what they are for)

We also now have one of these quests related to the Clockwork City and Sotha Sil now in the game, in case you were wondering.

Almelxia = Mournhold

Vivec = Vivec

Sotha = Clockwork City

Almexia is a dictator type god who wants to impose her own will onto others.

Vivec just wants to keep everything from going to hell in a handbasket.

Sotha likes playing with magick all day in his parents basement.

The relationship between the living gods and Azura is different. The living gods took the power of lorken to defend morrowind and so the Daedric prince of dusk and dawn punished them (the entire race) by making them into dark elves. For the next thousand years or so until Almexia goes crazy the dark elves will worship the 3 living gods. After that they revert back to their beliefs in azura as seen in skyrim.

Master Debater
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    A 3 faction war, I think I saw that before
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    After that they revert back to their beliefs in azura as seen in skyrim.

Hsst. Don't forget Boethiah and Mephala.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor You're trying to claim the Daedric Prince Azura is not a Daedric Prince. The person you're looking for is Almalexia.

Yep, got her mixed up

• Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you realize it took 2 years between orsinium and clockwork city to get a new story ...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to do the quests in order do them this way:

Spoilers!
    The Missing Prophecy - Introduces us to Azura and gives us hints that the War is getting closer. - given to you by a hooded figure in a few different locations.
    Morrowind - Has one Daedric Prince - Clavicus Vile - trying to break into the Clockwork City whilst stealing Vivec's divinity and powers.
    Of knives and Long Shadows - Clockwork City prequel quest, get it from reading a note at a Mages Guild called "Order of the eye dispatch"
    Clockwork City - Only played some of the main quest on PTS, but it appears that more than one Daedric Prince is involved here.

This appears to be the correct order to get what is currently happening in the story.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @JD2013

Exactly the answer I was after. Thank you!