The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More than One Master Writ Quest at a Time?

Reorx_Holybeard
Reorx_Holybeard
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering why we can't do more than one type of Master Writ quest at a time. I usually collect writs until I have ~100 and then do them all at the same time. In particular the writ quests that take the longest are the 3 smithing quests. Start 3 trying to keep them all of the same set if possible, zone to make them, zone back to submit them, repeat...

It would be a huge quality of life improvement if we could start multiple writ quests of the same type.
Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I works exactly the same as the crafting writs and repeatable daily quests, so it was probably the same system copied over for master writs. As it is deemed a 'quest' and you can only have 25 active at a time, any change might not help you much anyway.

You can make the pieces for multiple master writs and then just 'accept' them where you hand them in, after completing the currently active one. I do this, wait until I have 15 or more that I can do and devote a session to making them all, with only one trip to the hand in spot required.

I could not leave it until I had 100 as that is 100 inventory slots I cannot spare. I find that by the time I have about 20, there are usually 3 or 4 sets that I have 2 or more writs for anyway, which makes it easier.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually collect writs until I have ~100 and then do them all at the same time.

If I did that, it would be 6 to 10 months between Writ Sessions.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I created a worksheet document that has 3 across by 5 down boxes for MW data. Each box has:
    Item
    Set
    Style
    Trait
    Improvement

Then when I'm ready to do a bunch of MW, I just fill out the worksheet and run around crafting stuff. Then at turn in, you can just keep accepting new MW you've crafted, as you complete open ones.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that multiple writs of one type at the same time would add some much needed value to the 2 - 5 voucher writs, especially enchanting and alchemy. When you spend more time running back and forth than actually doing the writ, you get more bang for your buck on the high voucher rewards. Allowing players to do multiples would save on travel time, making the low reward writs much less time consuming overall.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur with OP. There is however a workaround for PC users with Dolgubon's writmaker addon. With it i can right-click each gear master writ and queue up the craftings. Then i visit each station (all in my house :mrgreen: ) and let it make the item. Then i teleport to Rolis and while standing in front of him i activate each writ quest one by one and return them immediately since i already have the items waiting.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I concur with OP. There is however a workaround for PC users with Dolgubon's writmaker addon. With it i can right-click each gear master writ and queue up the craftings. Then i visit each station (all in my house :mrgreen: ) and let it make the item. Then i teleport to Rolis and while standing in front of him i activate each writ quest one by one and return them immediately since i already have the items waiting.

Ooo, I did not know I could do this. Thanks!
    I created a worksheet document that has 3 across by 5 down boxes for MW data. Each box has:
    Item
    Set
    Style
    Trait
    Improvement

Then when I'm ready to do a bunch of MW, I just fill out the worksheet and run around crafting stuff. Then at turn in, you can just keep accepting new MW you've crafted, as you complete open ones.

Another great idea if helediron's suggestion doesn't work for me....
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero downside to this request ... make it happen ZOS!