The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My main home, thoughts anyone?

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxzmYWEhdo so this is my main home, still gotta get a human targeting skeleton and that new targeting dummy that comes out as well as that new crafting station eventually...
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Twin Arches as it's a great size for a small home and has a nice outdoor area, but I just haven't been able to figure out a good layout for the place. I like what you've done arrangement-wise. I had been trying to put the kitchen in the space where you have the dining area and the dining area where you have the kitchen, but I think your layout is better.

Also, I like what you did with the provisioning station by putting it on raised stone. It makes it look much better than just placing it on the floor - perhaps because the stone color is very close to that of the station.

A tip for any future videos - please move slower and pan the camera slower. It was hard to really get a sense of the place at the speed you were going. Had to pause a number of times.

All in all, though, I liked the arrangement you came up with for the space.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I like Twin Arches as it's a great size for a small home and has a nice outdoor area, but I just haven't been able to figure out a good layout for the place. I like what you've done arrangement-wise. I had been trying to put the kitchen in the space where you have the dining area and the dining area where you have the kitchen, but I think your layout is better.

Also, I like what you did with the provisioning station by putting it on raised stone. It makes it look much better than just placing it on the floor - perhaps because the stone color is very close to that of the station.

A tip for any future videos - please move slower and pan the camera slower. It was hard to really get a sense of the place at the speed you were going. Had to pause a number of times.

Yeah sorry I was not sure if I was exceeding the 5 minute record part and had issues with the xbox record feature is why I did it as fast as I did it. Not the most glamorous at times. As for the raised stones for the provisioning station that thing took some working as it can brick the station if you do it wrong. Next to the station is that table with some meats on it and that butcher knife thingy. I've lost track of how many times I have redone this home.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also add that when it hits night time in game the two moons can be side by side of the skyshard's beam... looks absolutely stunning. Kind of hard to get a picture of it though.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

Yeah sorry I was not sure if I was exceeding the 5 minute record part and had issues with the xbox record feature is why I did it as fast as I did it. Not the most glamorous at times. As for the raised stones for the provisioning station that thing took some working as it can brick the station if you do it wrong. Next to the station is that table with some meats on it and that butcher knife thingy. I've lost track of how many times I have redone this home.

I was wondering if the station was actually usable, as I know that it can be a bit fussy. I've had some design ideas for it that I just couldn't get to work out 'cuz the station would end up being unusable. It works pretty well sitting on the floor in Velothi Reverie, since the stone colors are about the same. But raising it like you did gives it more of the feeling that it belongs in a home rather than at a campsite.

I'm a fellow XB player, so I understand now why you moved so quickly to show off the whole house within the time limit. Thanks again for sharing. I like seeing what players do with the small/medium homes, mainly because that's what I can afford but also because so many of the videos out there are of the large homes.
  • ChuckBbaguette
    ChuckBbaguette
    ✭✭✭
    nice ;)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I Like the back to back bookcases with (fire hazard) lighting.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Like the back to back bookcases with (fire hazard) lighting.

Lol ikr on the fire hazard? :P But it was what I could think of for the moment... will have to wait for some other kind of blue lighting source look looks a certain way... meh sometime or another.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

I was wondering if the station was actually usable, as I know that it can be a bit fussy. I've had some design ideas for it that I just couldn't get to work out 'cuz the station would end up being unusable. It works pretty well sitting on the floor in Velothi Reverie, since the stone colors are about the same. But raising it like you did gives it more of the feeling that it belongs in a home rather than at a campsite.

I'm a fellow XB player, so I understand now why you moved so quickly to show off the whole house within the time limit. Thanks again for sharing. I like seeing what players do with the small/medium homes, mainly because that's what I can afford but also because so many of the videos out there are of the large homes.

The whole making the provisioning station work with elevated stones can be a hassle so I know. I think I showed in the video that the station works.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)