Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

I could use some help!~

Yogini0109
Thanks in advance! I'm fairly new to the game, and I have a couple of questions.

First, I thought when I purchased ESO plus, I would have access to the Imperial race, but I still don't.

Also, I thought I read that if you skip the tutorial with a new character, it starts you in your alliance capital, but I started again in Seyda Neen, only without the tutorial.

Thank you!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is an upgrade you have to buy separately. There was a physical copy version (I had that on one account) and an in-game version (I don't have that).

As for starting in Seyda Neen, I think that's the new default start if you have Morrowind (I don't know if you don't ... can anyone speak to that?).

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial race is only available via the Imperial Edition of the game, there is an upgrade for this which can be purchased from the Crown Store. ESO+ only gives access to DLC zones (not expansions), small bonuses to gold/xp/etc and higher housing item caps (soon transmutation crystal cap as well).

The game defaults anyone with the Morrowind expansion to the Morrowind tutorial and Vvardenfel now. You can skip the tutorial then take the boat from Seyda Neen to any alliance capital where you'll be approached by an NPC with a quest, that will start the old tutorial/main quest line for you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poster above is correct. The Imperial race comes with the Imperial Edition of the game, or can be purchased as a Crown Store upgrade.

If you own the Morrowind expansion, all new characters will start there. The wailing prison and home-zone start is no longer an option, unfortunately. The community has been asking for the choice of starting quest ever since Morrowind was on PTS, but Zeni has been deaf to the request.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Yogini0109
    Thank you all for clearing those questions up!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will start in Seyda Neen, but if you want to start in your Alliance, you can wayshrine to the first city of your alliance and pick up the quest from the Hooded Figure, which will start you in the correctly area for your Faction. Ebonheart pact - Davon's Watch stonefalls, Aldmeri Dominion - Vulkhel Guard Auridon, Daggerfall Covenant - Daggerfall glenumbra
  • Yogini0109
    Thank you!