The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I had to cut down all my trees..

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
To make room for lighting.....

This is the problem with housing you can have the biggest house that cost literally 140$ ( grand topal in grahtwood ) but you cant fill it up with everything you want.

Now i know there has to he a cap on furnishings because it can cause fps issues but 700-800 is not enough.

No even close tbh if someone like myself likes to be creative and decorate stuff. The decorating system is A+ you can design everything how you want it with what is available.

But atm i removed all trees landscaping stuff half of island is without lights and i have trophy room that cant fit no more lights.

I dont know how everybody is doing i can only speak for myself and few others who have posted same issue but this is my only issue with this game atm so i thought i could throw out some input. 700-800 is not enough

900 would be satisfying knowing i can atleast light up my whole house. I also wanted to create a dueling arena but that option is out the window with what the current furnish cap.

Lighting is so important in your house if you dont have good lighting it sucks at night and everything is dark lol my whole left side of island is pitch black at night lol.

Anyways i would love if zos can find a way to increase furnishings space without hurting performance stability inside house.

I have only 3 concerns for this game and in this order

1.Furnishing cap
2.Pve balancing ( magplars and magwardens )
3.Cyrodil Lag

Edited by Ihatenightblades on October 10, 2017 12:46AM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Treebeard will not be amused.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Tryxus on October 10, 2017 12:53AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the title, I thought this might be referencing the nerf to the Warden ult.

I was sorely mistaken ...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have them? I need more. :p

hkUhtTk.jpg
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have nearly 40 houses and all bar a couple are completely empty......
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool to have actual perma-housing all over the place instead of these instances
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me think of the fact that we don’t cut wood from trees, we cut up someone else’s stacks of wood.

Lol we are all theifs.

That does suck tho....I have Hundings and have removed a bit of trees and such for lighting outside
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it ought to be possible to buy furnishing cap extensions for every home, up to, say, double the current limit... come on ZOS, just think of how many people would buy that for how many houses! Imagine the crown sales! Make it so, for... profit! ;):D
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well they did say that they would like to increase the amount of slots but can't right now bc performance not sure how true that is.

I agree 100% the amount of space that large places have is just way to low. You can't have detail and fill everything in. Right now it's almost like you have to pick a room or two and one small space outside and you can make it really cool or half a$$ the whole place.
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people's large houses or manors etc lay 1/4 or 1/2 furnished as they have hit cap, even with eso+, the houses just then sit there abandoned costhe fun has gone, who would want to go back and see a half finished place and feel the dissapointment in it.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i accidently took a few things out of my house when removing my own stuff. didnt realise in an unfurnished house trees could be removed. there needs to be a way to reset the house to standard providing you have the parts in your inv.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    To make room for lighting.....

This is the problem with housing you can have the biggest house that cost literally 140$ ( grand topal in grahtwood ) but you cant fill it up with everything you want.

Now i know there has to he a cap on furnishings because it can cause fps issues but 700-800 is not enough.

No even close tbh if someone like myself likes to be creative and decorate stuff. The decorating system is A+ you can design everything how you want it with what is available.

But atm i removed all trees landscaping stuff half of island is without lights and i have trophy room that cant fit no more lights.

I dont know how everybody is doing i can only speak for myself and few others who have posted same issue but this is my only issue with this game atm so i thought i could throw out some input. 700-800 is not enough

900 would be satisfying knowing i can atleast light up my whole house. I also wanted to create a dueling arena but that option is out the window with what the current furnish cap.

Lighting is so important in your house if you dont have good lighting it sucks at night and everything is dark lol my whole left side of island is pitch black at night lol.

Anyways i would love if zos can find a way to increase furnishings space without hurting performance stability inside house.

I have only 3 concerns for this game and in this order

1.Furnishing cap
    2.Pve balancing ( magplars and magwardens )
    3.Cyrodil Lag

I find I have plenty of room for everything but my collectibles :(*

But sure, I'd love more slots for everything!
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    i accidently took a few things out of my house when removing my own stuff. didnt realise in an unfurnished house trees could be removed. there needs to be a way to reset the house to standard providing you have the parts in your inv.

Ya that was a hard decision for me choosing between furnished or unfurnished.

Unfurnished I would have to put things everywhere which would be a bit more annoying than just removing the stuff i dont like and filling in with stuff I want or just removing it for extra space
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't they have interior designer programs you can just buy and design your dream home without having to have a video game even attached?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay I don't get how an instanced area would affect someone else's FPS?

Will someone 'splain, please?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the pain. My Argonian love palace is looking absolutely breathtaking, but I have still have areas unfinished and a bank filling up with furnishings that I have no room to place.
    What is worse, I keep going broke buying Zanil's splendid shite almost every weekend but again, have no room to place these items.
    I worked hard completing content to unlock Undaunted busts and trophies, but only have enough room to place a select few.
    My house cost more than the game, I am pretty sure I should be able to decorate it as well as the rest of the game world....
    Please ZOS, give us the creative flexibility we need to show off your awesome art!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, for all of you who cut down all your trees - are they for sale?

My goblin's house has ... pretty much no furniture and I'm always on the lookout for more trees. I'd rather pay gold than crowns.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    What they SHOULD have done, is set the same item limit on both the interior and exterior individually, since you can't see both at the same time anyway. The interior items would only need to load when you interact with the entry door, and once inside, the exterior items would "disappear". That way everyone would get double what they do now, with no extra server load.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't they have interior designer programs you can just buy and design your dream home without having to have a video game even attached?

Of course. There's also this thing called a "life", where you can run around outdoors, explore, hunt animals, cook, learn to make your own clothes, go shopping ( or shoplift, if that's your thing :* ), meet up with friends, etc. , "without having to have a video game attached". :|

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    What they SHOULD have done, is set the same item limit on both the interior and exterior individually, since you can't see both at the same time anyway. The interior items would only need to load when you interact with the entry door, and once inside, the exterior items would "disappear". That way everyone would get double what they do now, with no extra server load.

I'd actually argue that the game should have had multiple furniture "sets" for various parts of the house which don't count against your limit (sort of like how Skyrim handled housing, now that I think about it). So, you could furnish that corner with a library, and this corner with a kitchen, and then the actual item count ticked down from stuff you placed in it in addition to the default template.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    A factory reset option. I like.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Of course. There's also this thing called a "life", where you can run around outdoors, explore, hunt animals, cook, learn to make your own clothes, go shopping ( or shoplift, if that's your thing :* ), meet up with friends, etc. , "without having to have a video game attached". :|

LIAR!
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if... the spread of light from lighting were bigger.. not brighter! But radiated out more! let's say for example a candles light radius went out a further 20-30%... for me in a medium house I'd easy save 10 slots.. at least!
    I have a sneaky suspicion lighting was nerfed in this way!? Could be my eyes.. dunno.

I have 2 homes, both bought furnished.. both times I went into the editor and recalled everything... sort of like a reset, surprising how many spaces can be utilised better after doing this!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still trying to figure out how i will fill up pariahs pinacle...such a large open space it may as well be an outdoor space
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Im still trying to figure out how i will fill up pariahs pinacle...such a large open space it may as well be an outdoor space

Will it turn out to cost 3.5-4M gold assuming Wrothgar achievements are completed? Ofc there will be the crown option too but I mainly want to know if gold can buy it.

I'm kind of thinking this home is like Hakkvild's High Hall from HotR payment-wise.
    Edited by Vaoh on October 10, 2017 10:06AM