The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exorcised Coven Cottage/ Cozy Fenside Cottage

ErinGoBrag520
ErinGoBrag520
✭✭✭
I am looking to clarify this. I understand this is the same thing. Now the Exorcised Coven Cottage will be available between certain dates for crowns and I understood the Cozy Fenside Cottage is available for coins after completing the event title. Want to confirm this and find out if there is a time frame for coin purchase if you have the event achievment. TIA!

Best Answers

• Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwwe, I liked the name "Cozy Fenside Cottage" much better.
    ->--Willow--<-
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice to have a Cosy Fenside Cottage, but this is not it.

It isn't a cottage, it's not located beside a fen and it looks like it's the kind of building were it is always noticeably colder inside than it is outdoors.

Not even an Estate Agent (U.S. Realtor) would stoop so low as to call this benighted hovel a "Cozy Fenside Cottage".

I guess that's why they renamed it to Exorcised Coven Cottage. :)
    Answer ✓
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any differences between them apart from the name?

The one thing I don't like about it is the constant mist effect on the ground, which I assume was added as part of the "creepy" vibe to make it a halloween item. If there was a way to get the house without that I'd definitely go for it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Danikat wrote: »

The one thing I don't like about it is the constant mist effect on the ground, which I assume was added as part of the "creepy" vibe to make it a halloween item. If there was a way to get the house without that I'd definitely go for it.

If I remember correctly, there is a "mist" furnishing item already in the game, so you would likely be able to remove it if it was just a furnishing item.
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I don't *think* there is a difference. I'm wondering if there will still be a coin purchase cottage and if the ability to buy the achievement unlocked one will have a time constraint. Like do i need to make sure i have the 250,000 gold on hand by the end of the event.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    250,000?!?

Oh I've been really trying to save up. I'm so not there yet.

I need to find a way to get 'spensive-er things to sell.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i believe it will be available for purchase with gold too during the witches festival if you have the achievement. OR I assume without the achievement with crowns.
    And I am also pretty sure you can remove the mists and move them around etc
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking to clarify this. I understand this is the same thing. Now the Exorcised Coven Cottage will be available between certain dates for crowns and I understood the Cozy Fenside Cottage is available for coins after completing the event title. Want to confirm this and find out if there is a time frame for coin purchase if you have the event achievment. TIA!

where you got that information?
    I am loving this hut already, since I ran by incident across on Sunday in Hag Fen!
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    250,000?!?

I feel like that was the coin price I heard, but don't quote me ;)
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

where you got that information?
    I am loving this hut already, since I ran by incident across on Sunday in Hag Fen!

I'm curious where this information is from as well.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    250,000?!?

You can check that easily as the house is already available in the housing editor for preview and this the price quoted for purchasing it.
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    I'm curious where this information is from as well.[/quote]

The amount that it will cost in gold? I really don't have that as difinitive information. I feel like i saw that figure somewhere but i can't say where or even that i didn't make it up as a target in my own mind for a good amount to have so I will be able to buy it durring the event.

Or are you asking about the fact that it can be purchased with the achievment? That seemed to be common knowledge. I just want to know if say I finished the achievement on the last day of the event, would I have to then ourchase the house on that last day, or once of have the achievement I can buy it whenever. I'm kind of thinking of the way you buy the other in-game houses after you get the title, basicly it just unlocks them.
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    250,000?!?

You can check that easily as the house is already available in the housing editor for preview and this the price quoted for purchasing it.

Well, that must have been how I knew it ! :)
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭

Didn't they change the name of it? If I remember correctly there is no longer any Cozy Fenside Cottage, but only the Exorcised Coven Cottage. If you go to it right now it will display a gold price, so I would assume that it will be availible for both crowns and gold.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »

Didn't they change the name of it? If I remember correctly there is no longer any Cozy Fenside Cottage, but only the Exorcised Coven Cottage. If you go to it right now it will display a gold price, so I would assume that it will be availible for both crowns and gold.

I believe you are correct that they changed the name. And, yes, you can preview it right now and it gives the gold price and the achievement needed, but you can't purchase it right now for gold even if you have the achievement and the gold. We know when it will be available for crowns based on the CS Showcase, so, presumably, that availability coincides with the Witches Festival and during that timeframe, you can purchase it with Crowns or with gold if you have the achievement and the gold.

So, presumably you would have to have gotten the achievement and enough gold to purchase it before the event ends. This is all a bit of guesswork at this point, since they haven't specifically said as much, but since you cannot purchase it right now in game, even though you can preview it and see the in-game requirements to purchase it with gold, presumably it's only available for purchase in-game and via CS during the Witches Festival.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 10, 2017 5:40PM
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    it will be mine oh yes, it will be mine.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that people were able to remove the mist effects that came with the cottage on PTS. They might change this for live but I wouldn't get my hopes up considering they are crown only at this point.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a Cosy Fenside Cottage, but this is not it.

It isn't a cottage, it's not located beside a fen and it looks like it's the kind of building were it is always noticeably colder inside than it is outdoors.

Not even an Estate Agent (U.S. Realtor) would stoop so low as to call this benighted hovel a "Cozy Fenside Cottage".

PC EU
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    Awwwe, I liked the name "Cozy Fenside Cottage" much better.

You can change the name to that once you have it :)
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26
    have they announced how many crowns it will cost ?
  • JUSTAPHELLA
    JUSTAPHELLA
    ✭✭
    250,000?!?

Best way for me to make coin is complete my daily items stolen or pickpocketed. All blues or better. Evermore has a lot of nobles...pickpocketi ng guards are a good target sometimes. But all the npcs who play an instrument give out blue items when you pickpocket them. You cant kill them though.